5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Skater

Reaction score
BasicBarks' Ram and mine have been in D1 for about a month if I am not mistaken. However, we have estimated ship dates less than 10 days away, so we are hopeful that soon we will see some progress out of D1.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
BasicBarks' Ram and mine have been in D1 for about a month if I am not mistaken. However, we have estimated ship dates less than 10 days away, so we are hopeful that soon we will see some progress out of D1.
I just hit chat up for the fun of it, I keep getting different answers about this damn D1 status. Some will say it can take "no more than 30days" others say 30days "give or take", some say it should enter build stage any day, check back in a week, im trying to figure out how some people got their order escalated by calling, because the ppl that you talk to on the phone are just as clueless as the ones on chat. I want to speak to someone with power. I understand times are tough and we're living in crazy times but including my wife I know about 5 other people that ordered custom jeeps and they already got them. My wife and I ordered the same day, and hers was delivered in 2.5 weeks....

RamVader

Reaction score
Here is the timeline I experienced with my truck.
Ordered the truck on 3/23
I received a VON # and a VIN # with an estimated build date of 4/15
Factory shut down
Factory reopened 5/18
Truck sat in D1 status until 6/18
The truck was built in one day and went to I status ( final inspection ) on 6/19
My last check with Ram chat was Monday 6/29. I was told the truck is in shipping status waiting to get loaded onto a train. They gave me an ETA delivered to California between 7/13 - 7/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamVader

Reaction score
I just received this text from my dealer today!

“The truck is scheduled to arrive at the depot in Mira Loma, Ca. On Monday and then transported to us! Usually takes 5 days to get it from Mira Loma”

50+ year-old grown man here as excited as a kid at Christmas

RamVader

Reaction score
00aa06306eb607298750eca6fe347b63.jpg

I joined this forum right after I ordered my truck. I have been taking advantage of the group buys and the great advice and ideas from the other members of this forum. I just ordered my sprint booster throttle controller today. They are having a Fourth of July 10% off sale right now. My new truck should arrive in a few days. I Can’t wait to take the next few weekends transforming my blacked out truck into Ram Vader! Thank you to all the members of this forum for the great advice and help that I received to make the transformation easy.

bfhawki

Reaction score
I am still in D1 status but already have ordered new speakers for the HK sound system after reading everything I can find on this forum. I am going to check with JL Audio to see if they can cover their stealth box in tan instead of black since my truck will have the light brown interior.. This forum is costing me money!

BasicBarks

Reaction score

I joined this forum right after I ordered my truck. I have been taking advantage of the group buys and the great advice and ideas from the other members of this forum. I just ordered my sprint booster throttle controller today. They are having a Fourth of July 10% off sale right now. My new truck should arrive in a few days. I Can’t wait to take the next few weekends transforming my blacked out truck into Ram Vader! Thank you to all the members of this forum for the great advice and help that I received to make the transformation easy.

What dash cam did you get?

RamVader

Reaction score
I did a lot of research and I went with nextbase. Model number 522GW. The 522GW is the top model and is exclusively sold through Best Buy. It frequently goes on sale. I believe it was $50 off when I purchased it. Keep checking their website for the sale price. You can purchase the rear camera and the hardwire From Amazon. You can keep an eye on the price drop for that too. I installed the same camera in my wife’s car and my daughters car and we are very happy with it so far. It has been working great

Skater

Reaction score

If you get your Ram before I do, please let me know how you get that OPT7 to work with the MFT. I got the same setup as you and bought the same light bar, but read another thread that stated the OPT7 was too tall (1/4 inch) to work with the MFT. I am determined to make it work because I like the sequencing amber.

Following for updates.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a change if the truck is in D1? I went with the brown interior but am starting to wonder if I should’ve just gone with black instead.

RamVader

Reaction score
If you get your Ram before I do, please let me know how you get that OPT7 to work with the MFT. I got the same setup as you and bought the same light bar, but read another thread that stated the OPT7 was too tall (1/4 inch) to work with the MFT. I am determined to make it work because I like the sequencing amber.

Following for updates.

We’re going to have to reach into our inner MacGyver and make it work. I’m sure we can find a way

Skater

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a change if the truck is in D1? I went with the brown interior but am starting to wonder if I should’ve just gone with black instead.
Yes. My dealer made a change for me when my order was in D1.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Same here. I wanted to change to 3.92 rear end and the E locker. The dealer made a change for me

D1 for you guys was different, you ordered right b4 or during the factory closure. I dnt believe you can if so it get push to the back of the line. I made a color change right b4 it hit D1.....I wonder if that's why our **** is taken 10 years

BasicBarks

Reaction score
D1 for you guys was different, you ordered right b4 or during the factory closure. I dnt believe you can if so it get push to the back of the line. I made a color change right b4 it hit D1.....I wonder if that's why our **** is taken 10 years
I believe

RamVader

Reaction score
I believe

You are probably correct. I made my change a week later after I place the order because I realized I was going to be towing a trailer occasionally with the truck

Skater

Reaction score
You are probably correct. I made my change a week later after I place the order because I realized I was going to be towing a trailer occasionally with the truck

I initially ordered mine on 2.19.20. It sat in D1 until... well, I think it may still be in D1 today, but on 5.29.20 I realized I did not have the large 33 gal tank and my dealer changed it for me. I am not sure that change sent mine to the back of the line or not, but on 5.29.20 I was provided an updated invoice by me dealer with my requested change and estimated ship date for next week.

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score
My dealer told me that since a VIN has been assigned, no changes can be made. Hopefully my initial choice of brown interior isn’t a regretful decision! I liked the lighter interior but pairing it with billet silver may look funny. Oh well.

BasicBarks

Reaction score
Anyone waiting on their build to start, have any good news for this wonderful Friday? Me?! none at all!!!

Paultg

Reaction score
My dealer told me that since a VIN has been assigned, no changes can be made. Hopefully my initial choice of brown interior isn’t a regretful decision! I liked the lighter interior but pairing it with billet silver may look funny. Oh well.
I don’t think that’s true. I got my VIN in a few days after placing the order. Just reading back through some of the posts on here seems like folks have made changes later than that. I’d be worried your dealer just doesn’t want to do the paperwork.

if they won’t try tell them to cancel the order and start over with a new order?

Users who are viewing this thread