5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Ram_it

Reaction score
Trucks at some train yard in Oregon as of yesterday. Headed for a ferry. They aren't trucking it across Canada like they initially said. Much excite.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Sounds like our trucks took the same train. Mine landed in Oregon yesterday as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Trucks been in D1 status for 2 weeks with a VIN with no movement. But still shows a projected delivery date to my dealership of 20 March. That's probably unreasonably optimistic huh? Considering I'm in AK and the truck hasn't been built yet.

Don't count on that ETA date to the dealership.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted, I just saw this on my local online news: (WRAL news Raleigh NC)
"On Wednesday, the economy continued to shut down. A person briefed on the matter said Detroit's three automakers have agreed to close all their factories due to worker fears about the coronavirus. Automakers are expected to release details of the closure later Wednesday. The United Auto Workers union has been pushing for factories to close because workers are fearful of coming into contact with the virus. "

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Well that sucks, ordered mine on 3/6, was in D1 status wth an estimated shipping date of 3/26!
But i understand, people need to be safe!

Last edited:

TBass

Reaction score
Checkmate251 - It might be worth checking the status of your truck. My truck had roughly the same estimated ship date, yet they finished the truck ahead of schedule and is already in route to my dealership. I realize the situation is very fluid and ever changing... but I was very recently informed by my dealership that they are still receiving vehicles daily and that trucks in route will be delivered to the dealerships. Keep in mind that I am just transferring the information that was told.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Checkmate251 - It might be worth checking the status of your truck. My truck had roughly the same estimated ship date, yet they finished the truck ahead of schedule and is already in route to my dealership. I realize the situation is very fluid and ever changing... but I was very recently informed by my dealership that they are still receiving vehicles daily and that trucks in route will be delivered to the dealerships. Keep in mind that I am just transferring the information that was told.
Thanks. For the info! Will do!

Scootertramp

Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if someone could decode what exactly my status means from attached info.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• 2020-Ram_status.jpg
    2020-Ram_status.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 47

zchamber

Reaction score
KZT should mean its pretty close depending on where you are located and on your state with current corona restrictions on essential services. Normally for 1500 from Detroit, it should be within a few days to your dealership.

Meglomachinist

Reaction score
Mine is on the truck in salt lake city as of yesterday, Looks like I should be able to pick it up Maybe Monday but probably more like Tuesday

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Just heard from another dealership that they are being told that likely no new orders will be processed this year. That certainly sucks if that’s true.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Mines on a boat otw to AK. However looks like the dealership will be closed for a while. We will see what happens.

StaceyR

Reaction score
What a strange dilemma! I Finally got word from my dealer that our truck is in transit and scheduled to arrive in Mira Loma (San Diego area) on the 27th. As of March 13th it wasn't even scheduled for production from what RamChat told me so ours might end up being one of the last Rams built before the factory shutdown...and maybe this year. Soon that last 100 mile leg to the dealer east of Los Angeles will be the big concern. I'm not sure if the transport system is still functioning or if it is going to sit at the hub until the current lockdown is lifted. That presents an issue regarding incentives...both Ram Truck Month cash and the 84 month zero percent financing...expiring at the end of March. Of course the dealer said they could finalize the purchase now that they have the VIN but is that really the smart thing to do...especially in the turbulent times we are currently experiencing?

Of course the other question remains is it wise to be spending $55k during this crisis in the first place? That is another question...can I get our $1,000 deposit refunded? Oddly, RamChat told me last week that "our" order was not in my name at all but listed as a dealer stock order. I assumed that after accepting the deposit (although I was never specifically told that it wasn't refundable) the order would being in my name as the purchasing customer. Is this normal and does it release me from my commitment to purchase if I change my mind due to the rapidly worsening economic situation?

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

HeavyG603

Reaction score
What a strange dilemma! I Finally got word from my dealer that our truck is in transit and scheduled to arrive in Mira Loma (San Diego area) on the 27th. As of March 13th it wasn't even scheduled for production from what RamChat told me so ours might end up being one of the last Rams built before the factory shutdown...and maybe this year. Soon that last 100 mile leg to the dealer east of Los Angeles will be the big concern. I'm not sure if the transport system is still functioning or if it is going to sit at the hub until the current lockdown is lifted. That presents an issue regarding incentives...both Ram Truck Month cash and the 84 month zero percent financing...expiring at the end of March. Of course the dealer said they could finalize the purchase now that they have the VIN but is that really the smart thing to do...especially in the turbulent times we are currently experiencing?

Of course the other question remains is it wise to be spending $55k during this crisis in the first place? That is another question...can I get our $1,000 deposit refunded? Oddly, RamChat told me last week that "our" order was not in my name at all but listed as a dealer stock order. I assumed that after accepting the deposit (although I was never specifically told that it wasn't refundable) the order would being in my name as the purchasing customer. Is this normal and does it release me from my commitment to purchase if I change my mind due to the rapidly worsening economic situation?

Feel your pain bud. Been waiting on an order since 2/8. Its been built and sitting in Mexico for 3 weeks and Ram Cares.....doesnt seem to. Did get them to open a case at least. In your case I think it depends on your state laws. I know here in NH that deposit is refundable and I'm pretty close to pulling the plug on my order if I cant get someone to give me an update on why that damn thing isn't moving. Yours seems even further along so I'm sure thats even a worse predicament.

Keezer

Reaction score

Inquiring on our truck with Ram chat was useless, never had correct info, spending 55k eh, you'll make more money at some point.

Did you ask about the deposit? In our case they said it was refundable just make sure you didn't sign anything at ordering that you were liable for the truck till they sell it if you end up refusing it.

StaceyR

Reaction score
Inquiring on our truck with Ram chat was useless, never had correct info, spending 55k eh, you'll make more money at some point.

Did you ask about the deposit? In our case they said it was refundable just make sure you didn't sign anything at ordering that you were liable for the truck till they sell it if you end up refusing it.
Unfortunately we won't make much more as we both retired early several years ago and hadn't planned on filing for social security for a few more years. Our custom ordered Laramie was to be the ultimate retirement tow vehicle for hauling our travel trailer around the country. We have the cash set aside for it (from a matured CD) but our nest egg has taken a severe hit that'll probably take years to recover from which makes me nervous to commit a large chunk of our cash reserves. Our current 9 year old F-150 is in great condition with low miles but lacks most of the custom order Laramie's features and advantages...especially the towing range of the EcoDiesel fuel mileage combined with the 33 gal tank. This is our dream truck but if things get much worse the next week or so we'll feel compelled to "pull the trigger" on this deal and ride out the storm.

Carchibald

Reaction score
Ordered Dec 20th 2019
Original estimated ship date Jan 31st
Had to fight for updates for months
Ship date changed to March 11th
Build sheet available March 16th
Window sticker available March 18th (the day the plant was shut down)
Didn't expect the truck for many more weeks
March 25th dealer called the truck just arrived at the dealership
Picked up March 28th from the dealer

Attachments

• 61088AC6-4E54-45CF-BC5E-F5838F2335FA.jpeg
    61088AC6-4E54-45CF-BC5E-F5838F2335FA.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 04132904-F3AB-4DD9-BCD5-390A8E5DB260.jpeg
    04132904-F3AB-4DD9-BCD5-390A8E5DB260.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

StaceyR

Reaction score
Ordered Dec 20th 2019
Original estimated ship date Jan 31st
Had to fight for updates for months
Ship date changed to March 11th
Build sheet available March 16th
Window sticker available March 18th (the day the plant was shut down)
Didn't expect the truck for many more weeks
March 25th dealer called the truck just arrived at the dealership
Just like me you just beat the factory shutdown. Unfortunately mine has not made it to the dealer...and who knows when it will. I don't know if shipping is affected or not.

That's a long delay between ordering and getting built. Do you know why?

omamatt

Reaction score
Appears mine took longer to get to rail yard than expected. Finally unloaded last night and hope to pick up in a few days!

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Haven't heard an update on mine since early last week. They said no updates once it's in shipping. Have you guys got any other avenues for tracking?

Carchibald

Reaction score
Just like me you just beat the factory shutdown. Unfortunately mine has not made it to the dealer...and who knows when it will. I don't know if shipping is affected or not.

That's a long delay between ordering and getting built. Do you know why?
Not really sure what the delay was, I think it was the Black Appearance Package on the Rebel. Other than that nothing special

Users who are viewing this thread