5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a way of tracking details for my truck? This has been the standard answer from Ram Chat for about 1.5 weeks. Nobody has responded to me.
"Thank you very much Ram'dit, at this time what I will be doing is to escalate this case for further research, you should be contacted back within 2-3 business days, may I verify your preferred contact number and e-mail address? "

My truck was in D status and was moved back to BG status on 12/7. I can't seem to get any kind of answer as to what is going on. If you have access and can help please PM and I will send VIN.

Thanks!
What does your dealership have to say about it?

Ram’dit

Reaction score
The dealer is just as confused. They don’t have any details either. What’s really interesting is I was getting status updates through ram chat. Now all they say is it’s being escalated and someone will contact me in 2-3 days. No one has contacted me. Oh well. I guess keep waiting.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks. As far as ETorque being the issue, a few of the vehicles we are still tracking, have moved to KZ status, a few have ETorque. Not enough to be definitive, but a bit positive. And no, no more tracking is available, FCA cut off our access

RedKnightRG

Reaction score
In case delays are package related, I have an order placed for a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, crew cab long box, with the following packages/options: black paint, e-torque V8, level 2 equipment w/12" screen, bench seat, power running boards, deployable bed step, off road group, bed utility group, 3.92 axle, trailer brake controller, rubber floor mats, and rear wheelhouse liners.

My current timeline:

12/3 - Order Placed
12/4 - D
12/14 - D1

Still in D1, no estimated ship date. Haven't heard anything from the dealer or RAM customer support on factory shutdowns or delivery timelines.

mike81

Reaction score
That sucks. As far as ETorque being the issue, a few of the vehicles we are still tracking, have moved to KZ status, a few have ETorque. Not enough to be definitive, but a bit positive. And no, no more tracking is available, FCA cut off our access
So there is no more tracking even for the orders currently being tracked?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are on the spreadsheet, you are being tracked. No new orders are being tracked

Bram2019

Reaction score
My truck hit G right at shutdown. Means I have a frame and is ready to trim. Stuck on assembly line now for next 3 weeks. Expected ship date according to dealer is 1-14-2019. Apperas to be correct. The assembly line starts up that day. So I guess it will get finish assembled that day. Might be bad. One of first trucks after workers get back from layoff. On the other hand all equipment will have had the maintenance done.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
My truck hit G right at shutdown. Means I have a frame and is ready to trim. Stuck on assembly line now for next 3 weeks. Expected ship date according to dealer is 1-14-2019. Apperas to be correct. The assembly line starts up that day. So I guess it will get finish assembled that day. Might be bad. One of first trucks after workers get back from layoff. On the other hand all equipment will have had the maintenance done.
Unfortunately the dealers have no idea of a real ship date, or any date. It's on many threads here. At least it is getting started. Seems that's half the battle. The other half is actually getting it shipped. But I think it's worth the wait. Enjoy

NYRAM

Reaction score

My truck made it to F today was G yesterday. I saw another member on here saying that they heard from fca that the plant wasn’t shutting down so they could catch up on other orders. I also found this article and looks like they are going to stay running until the 1st. I guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed. I would think that they wouldn’t want to keep anything on the assembly line so they can do Maintenance. https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/fca-extend-holiday-shutdowns-2-north-american-plants

Bram2019

Reaction score
My truck made it to F today was G yesterday. I saw another member on here saying that they heard from fca that the plant wasn’t shutting down so they could catch up on other orders. I also found this article and looks like they are going to stay running until the 1st. I guess we will have to keep our fingers crossed. I would think that they wouldn’t want to keep anything on the assembly line so they can do Maintenance. https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/fca-extend-holiday-shutdowns-2-north-american-plants
Normally goes from F to G. F being painted, G installing all trim and components. I read that article and it still says the same thing. They are extending holiday shutdown at Sterling Heights. That means they are shutdown this week for holidays through Jan 1 and then will be shut down for maintainence Jan 2 through Jan 14. Unless they get some guys to work overtime this week, don't expect much. I will check with my dealer on Friday to see if my status changes. Never know. Would be better if someone who works at Sterling Heights was on this forum. There is one guy who works at the stamping plant who said a lot of guys work through the hoilday. That is a separate plant.

brettc34

Reaction score
I am new. Love all the info I have gotten here. So far here is my order progress

11/29 - Ordered
12/10 - D
12/14 - D1
12/19 - F
12/26- JB

Bram2019

Reaction score
I am new. Love all the info I have gotten here. So far here is my order progress

11/29 - Ordered
12/10 - D
12/14 - D1
12/19 - F
12/26- JB
Lucky you. You beat the shutdown. Looks like your truck is headed to outside vendor to do bedliner or some add on. Then should become KZ. I am not so lucky. Mine stuck in G. Probably no progress until Jan 15

Ram’dit

Reaction score
My truck is finally in D1. Not sure when this happened. It’s good news. Now the 3 week wait for plant shutdown.

brettc34

Reaction score
Lucky you. You beat the shutdown. Looks like your truck is headed to outside vendor to do bedliner or some add on. Then should become KZ. I am not so lucky. Mine stuck in G. Probably no progress until Jan 15
Question now becomes can they do the Bedliner and get it shipped during shutdown or is mine waiting until Jan 15 as well...

Bram2019

Reaction score
Question now becomes can they do the Bedliner and get it shipped during shutdown or is mine waiting until Jan 15 as well...
You would think someone needs to do final inspection, then invoice it and park it for transfer from assembly plant. Have no idea on that part of process or who does it. You would think they would like to clear vehicles out of the holding area during the shutdown.

brettc34

Reaction score
12/28 - KZ

Bram2019

Reaction score
Yes I am using the chat. Just providing my vin and am asking them for the status code
Just checked with chat. Still stuck in G. I am sure it has not even hit the assembly line. The plant is shutdown until Jan 14. It is not likely it even hit that part of the plant considering they are doing major maintenance at that plant. Can't imagine having a bunch of partially completed vehicles on the line while waiting to maintain equipment. Only completed paint for sure. So now I wait.

egnarp

Reaction score
Checked on my Laramie Sport today (no E-torque). It suppose to arrive at my local (Omaha) rail-car distribution center on Jan. 5th. Likely delivered to dealer 3 to 7 days later.

11/23 Ordered
11/28 D1
12/07 I Status
12/14 KZ
12/18 Shipped

Users who are viewing this thread