5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Bram2019

Reaction score
When chatting with FCA to get a status update, do you get one of the above order codes. I just get told things like "its in the schedule phase and could be there for 30 days"
My last conversation was they are collecting parts for the build. Mine has been in D status for 36 days. I was told it could remain in D status up to 45 days. I suspect it will be longer due to fact I ordered truck with 5.7 e-torque. So even if it jumps to D1 status in the 45 day window, I am not expecting this truck to be delivered until Jan 31, 2019 or so based on other recent built vehicles.

jfisher34

Reaction score
My last conversation was they are collecting parts for the build. Mine has been in D status for 36 days. I was told it could remain in D status up to 45 days. I suspect it will be longer due to fact I ordered truck with 5.7 e-torque. So even if it jumps to D1 status in the 45 day window, I am not expecting this truck to be delivered until Jan 31, 2019 or so based on other recent built vehicles.

But they actually tell you an order code?

Bram2019

Reaction score
The only thiing I was told it was still in D status. I had to ask for the status code.

Mike67

Reaction score
I have eTorque ordered on 11/2 and it just moved to D1 today.
My wife was really happy that her truck is starting to move.
Its been in D status a while.

NYRAM

Reaction score
I have eTorque ordered on 11/2 and it just moved to D1 today.
My wife was really happy that her truck is starting to move.
Its been in D status a while.
I just saw that yours and another went to D1, hopefully mine goes to D1 soon also and we get them soon. You have 12 days on me. I don’t think my dealer got my order in and got the VON until 11/14

Bram2019

Reaction score
Even if a truck goes to D1 today, it is generally 2 weeks after that it is being built. Due to shutdown a Sterling Heights starting Dec 24 through Jan 14, unless you are extremely lucky, don't expect that truck to be built until after that. I am in a similar positon only worse because I am still in D status.

NYRAM

Reaction score
Even if a truck goes to D1 today, it is generally 2 weeks after that it is being built. Due to shutdown a Sterling Heights starting Dec 24 through Jan 14, unless you are extremely lucky, don't expect that truck to be built until after that. I am in a similar positon only worse because I am still in D status.
Well that’s a bummer. I guess I’ll probably get my truck in the end of February or March. I guess the longer it takes the less salt it will have to go trough this winter

Bram2019

Reaction score
My truck just went D1 today. Anticipated ship date is week of 1-14-2019. That is the same week the assembly plant reopens after shutdown. I don't know if thats good or bad. But in my case it will be 4 weeks after D1 because of plant shutdown. Based on this date, I am not really expecting this truck any earlier than Jan 31, 2019.

NYRAM

Reaction score
My truck just went D1 today. Anticipated ship date is week of 1-14-2019. That is the same week the assembly plant reopens after shutdown. I don't know if thats good or bad. But in my case it will be 4 weeks after D1 because of plant shutdown. Based on this date, I am not really expecting this truck any earlier than Jan 31, 2019.
Mine also went to D1 today. I would be cool to have in built this week but I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Your dealer should have an anticipated ship date.
Usually don't have a guestimated shipping date in D1 status. That shipping date usually comes just after KZ status while awaiting shipping details. My truck was put into D1 status on 12/5, I (built and passed inspection) on 12/11, and KZ status on 12/14. Still awaiting an estimated shipping date at the Detroit Mound Road Yard.

ShadowFE

Reaction score
For what it's worth... Ordered mine 10/29, D 10/30, D1 12/14. Dealer has an expected ship date from plant of 01/15. He did say that's just a date the system plugs in (based on D1 date) and wouldn't have a more accurate date until it hits the assembly line.

Bram2019

Reaction score
For what it's worth... Ordered mine 10/29, D 10/30, D1 12/14. Dealer has an expected ship date from plant of 01/15. He did say that's just a date the system plugs in (based on D1 date) and wouldn't have a more accurate date until it hits the assembly line.
That expected ship date is the same date workers return after shutdown. Mine is the same. Plant resumes production week of 1-14-2019. We will see. Your processing dates are similar to mine.

ShadowFE

Reaction score
That expected ship date is the same date workers return after shutdown. Mine is the same. Plant resumes production week of 1-14-2019. We will see. Your processing dates are similar to mine.
Yep, I'm getting pretty good at "waiting to see". LOL

JayMann

Reaction score
haha all these "wait and sees" are scaring me to the point I may be willing to push my search radius out further. A flight out and 12 hr drive back isn't sounding so bad anymore so I don't have to wait for weeks and hope rebates or incentives will play in my favor.

Bram2019

Reaction score
You make a very compelling point. Especially in my case where it will be 12 to 14 weeks from my time of order to probable delivery not knowing what rebates will be.

NYRAM

Reaction score
Dealers can lock you in at the rebate when you order or give you the better rebate at time of delivery. My dealer was all in a tizzy when I asked them. But they finally agreed to it. I went to a small dealer to price match and the owner told me no problem that they can lock it in for like a $50 insurance fee or something along those lines.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a way of tracking details for my truck? This has been the standard answer from Ram Chat for about 1.5 weeks. Nobody has responded to me.
"Thank you very much Ram'dit, at this time what I will be doing is to escalate this case for further research, you should be contacted back within 2-3 business days, may I verify your preferred contact number and e-mail address? "

My truck was in D status and was moved back to BG status on 12/7. I can't seem to get any kind of answer as to what is going on. If you have access and can help please PM and I will send VIN.

Thanks!

Bram2019

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a way of tracking details for my truck? This has been the standard answer from Ram Chat for about 1.5 weeks. Nobody has responded to me.
"Thank you very much Ram'dit, at this time what I will be doing is to escalate this case for further research, you should be contacted back within 2-3 business days, may I verify your preferred contact number and e-mail address? "

My truck was in D status and was moved back to BG status on 12/7. I can't seem to get any kind of answer as to what is going on. If you have access and can help please PM and I will send VIN.

Thanks!
I don't know exactly what is up with your truck, but if I had to guess, blame the e-torque engine. What does your dealer say. My guess is it may have gone D1 on Dec 14. My order with e-torque just went D1 after 40 days or so at D

Users who are viewing this thread