5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I didn't ask. I figured they simply got in another set of non ORP springs since they asked if I wanted to pick it up until the "other parts" came in. As long as it's covered and I have a free loaner, I'm ok with it as long as it gets done right.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Yeah when they called me to let me know mine was done I checked by part number to make sure they had the correct springs on there.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Well saw my first Built To Serve on the way home tonight. Kinda sucks that it was a Tank one lol... Eight colors out there and the first one I see is the Tank one. Must have just picked it up had MD temp plates on it. Still cool though. No time to wave to busy gawking ;-)

brian1684

Reaction score
Well saw my first Built To Serve on the way home tonight. Kinda sucks that it was a Tank one lol... Eight colors out there and the first one I see is the Tank one. Must have just picked it up had MD temp plates on it. Still cool though. No time to wave to busy gawking ;-)
There is a Gator and a billet silver that I know of in my town.

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. At the end of my road a guy works at a body shop has a ceramic gray one I see it every day and it pisses me off. LOL

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never seen another black one in the wild. There's a guy with a ceramic grey that works beside my plant. I saw a ceramic grey in PCB last week and I've seen a gator around ATL.

Tbh my favorite thing about our trucks besides the unique colors are the wheels. They look great going down then road.

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
I have only seen one other BTS edition in over a year by me and it was Gator as well. I figured it would be way more common since they were built in sterling heights(45 mins away from me).

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
and... I'm still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer. I dropped it off Monday 0645 for the recall on the springs and there it still sits:cautious:. I made the appointment last week, they said a loaner would be waiting for me when I drop it off, of course it wasn't, and I was an hour late for work. As stated in an earlier post, they called and told me they had to order more parts as well (not sure what parts since you would think it would have been described in the recall notice to the dealer on how to replace the wrong parts). My conversation with them yesterday(Thursday) was it should be ready for me today(Friday) or Saturday at the latest. Not getting a warm and fuzzy from my dealer so far on what should be fairly straight forward swap. When the Bilstein's arrive, I am taking it to the local 4x4 shop for install.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
and... I'm still waiting to get my truck back from the dealer. I dropped it off Monday 0645 for the recall on the springs and there it still sits:cautious:. I made the appointment last week, they said a loaner would be waiting for me when I drop it off, of course it wasn't, and I was an hour late for work. As stated in an earlier post, they called and told me they had to order more parts as well (not sure what parts since you would think it would have been described in the recall notice to the dealer on how to replace the wrong parts). My conversation with them yesterday(Thursday) was it should be ready for me today(Friday) or Saturday at the latest. Not getting a warm and fuzzy from my dealer so far on what should be fairly straight forward swap. When the Bilstein's arrive, I am taking it to the local 4x4 shop for install.
Greeting Warmonkey497,
We apologize for any dissatisfaction with your dealer services. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know via DM.
Rob
Ram Cares

HEMITKN

Reaction score
So went through my first tank of gas, just shy of 500 miles with 17.8 MPG average. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the ride. Not sure if it's the RC lift or not as I never drove the truck stock. It rides better than my 17 Rebel did. Very plush yet firm enough to feel all of the road if that makes sense. Very happy.
Here is my next question. How much do you think the 295/70R 18's or 295/60R 20's will change the ride. More than likely they would be Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Thanks Mike

Attachments

• My Tank BTS VI.jpg
    My Tank BTS VI.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Wookie0323

Reaction score
Since I ordered mine back in Dec, I have seen a Gator Green at my local Home depot, Ceramic Grey when I was working in northern FL, Patriot Blue leaving Miami, and another tank green at the dealership when I picked mine up. May have seen the tank another time on the road heading home from work so I wonder if I'll cross paths again

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So went through my first tank of gas, just shy of 500 miles with 17.8 MPG average. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the ride. Not sure if it's the RC lift or not as I never drove the truck stock. It ride better than my 17 Rebel did. Very plush yet firm enough to feel all of the road if that makes sense. Very happy.
Here is my next question. How much do you think the 295/70R 18's or 295/60R 20's will change the ride. More than likely they would be Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Thanks Mike

Very nice fuel economy! When we went to the beach last week I barely cracked 17 mpg. Normally I'm 15-15.5 mpg around my house. Very hilly and I have a lot of 70+ MPH driving which I think contributes to my "poor" mpg. Obviously I didn't buy the truck for gas savings lol. That's what my beater is for. That little fella gets 33 mpg.

Mattbancroft

Reaction score
So I ordered mine March 5th and dealer says I have a vin # now but truck is not built yet. Wonder how long it takes once you get a vin # ?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I ordered mine March 5th and dealer says I have a vin # now but truck is not built yet. Wonder how long it takes once you get a vin # ?
It all depends on the factory and their current constraints (which, unfortunately there are quite a bit right now between COVID, part shortages, etc.). You ordered in March, but the trucks weren’t scheduled to enter production until this month. I thought I had read early April, but I haven’t seen any bright white or spitfire orange trucks pop up as being in transit, which leads me to believe they haven’t started production yet.

Which color did you order? On every previous release, they’ve produced the every-day color first (black, blue, silver, red) then they finish the production run with the low volume color. So if you ordered the spitfire orange, I reckon it’ll be built after the bright whites are built.

And there’s this...

Last edited:

TractorM

Reaction score
It all depends on the factory. You ordered in March, but the trucks weren’t scheduled to enter production until this month. I thought I had read early April, but I haven’t seen any bright white or spitfire orange trucks pop up as being in transit, which leads me to believe they haven’t started production yet.

Which color did you order? On every previous release, they’ve produced the every-day color first (black, blue, silver, red) then they finish the production run with the low volume color. So if you ordered the spitfire orange, I reckon it’ll be built after the bright whites are built.

And there’s this...

I ordered on March 3rd. Yes, the last of these trucks were going to start April 1st. But, then ram production for the 1500 shut down for 3 weeks. Production should be back up the week of April 19th.

Mattbancroft

Reaction score
I ordered on March 3rd. Yes, the last of these trucks were going to start April 1st. But, then ram production for the 1500 shut down for 3 weeks. Production should be back up the week of April 19th.
I don't believe that the new Ram production was down for 3 weeks that was the classic line (different plant). Mine has a ship date of May 2nd they are telling me. I sure hope so

Zefal

Reaction score
So I saw this article the other day, and it irritated me a tiny bit, since this truck with almost nothing special, gets a cert plate

and here is the official Stellantis post:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread