5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brian1684

Reaction score

Installed my borla s cat back exhaust this afternoon. This was the first cold start. Really love the sound. Has that nice growl on a cold start, but really tones down after it warms up and is barely noticeable in the cab with windows up unless you get on it. Need to do a little adjustment to the passenger side tip, its just not quite centered, will work on that this weekend, or take it to a buddy's shop and get him to adjust if i cant get it.

Mattbancroft

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to find out an upcoming build date on a truck ? Ordered my Spitfire orange BTS on 3/5 and dealer told me 6 weeks. Wondering if that is just wishful thinking ?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to find out an upcoming build date on a truck ? Ordered my Spitfire orange BTS on 3/5 and dealer told me 6 weeks. Wondering if that is just wishful thinking ?
Unfortunately, that is just wishful thinking. I believe production wasn't even starting until early this month on the Bright White and Spitfire Orange BTS trucks. And if the previous releases give us any idea, they usually produce the every-day colors (i.e. Black, Patriot Blue, Billet Silver, Flame Red, and Bright White) first, then the low-volume colors (i.e. Gator, Ceramic Gray, Anvil, Tank, and Spitfire Orange).

So, coupled with the fact that production wasn't even starting until approximately a month after you placed your order, and with production/delivery now taking 8-10 weeks...you still have some time.

Do you have a VIN yet?

Mattbancroft

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is just wishful thinking. I believe production wasn't even starting until early this month on the Bright White and Spitfire Orange BTS trucks. And if the previous releases give us any idea, they usually produce the every-day colors (i.e. Black, Patriot Blue, Billet Silver, Flame Red, and Bright White) first, then the low-volume colors (i.e. Gator, Ceramic Gray, Anvil, Tank, and Spitfire Orange).

So, coupled with the fact that production wasn't even starting until approximately a month after you placed your order, and with production/delivery now taking 8-10 weeks...you still have some time.

Do you have a VIN yet?
No vin # yet. I'm hoping for an early or mid May delivery

Kasa1221

Reaction score
Anybody have some feedback or experience with a 2 in rear lift spacer(most likely going with Motofab) with the stock off road group shocks? I plan to install the Readylift control arms with 2.5 front spacers from Motofab and wanted to lift the rear 2 inches since I tow a boat often and never cared much for the nose high look. Just wondering if I would need longer shocks for the rear and how it rides with that big a spacer....I've got a 2 in nose dive currently so I figure 2.5 front and 2 rear gives me 1.5 in lower in the front. Thanks!

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Had the 6112 and RL UCA on for about a week now. Ride is great and truck is level. But, I’m hear a little squeak or chirp when I drive slow or when I left off the break. Not sure if it is the spring breaking in or something not greased right. Anyone else had this... I do have to take it back to the dealer for them to check all the Bolts specs.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Had the 6112 and RL UCA on for about a week now. Ride is great and truck is level. But, I’m hear a little squeak or chirp when I drive slow or when I left off the break. Not sure if it is the spring breaking in or something not greased right. Anyone else had this... I do have to take it back to the dealer for them to check all the Bolts specs.
I wouldn't be concerned until after all the bolts and stuff have been verified to be tight. Then I'd start really trying to diagnose the issue.

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
I got my recall notice Thursday, dropped off my BTS for the springs to be replaced today(Monday). I'm wondering how much of a height increase it will have. Dealer said that it will not change at all but I would imagine it will be that standard 1" for the ORP. I should know by tonight when I pick it up and remeasure it.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
It’s about a inch all around. Parked next to a rebel before I had them installed it looks small but now with org springs they sit equal

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer, they had to order more parts for the repair.... they gave me another RAM for a loaner so I guess I will save the miles on mine for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread