5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcwood64

Reaction score
Yep looks like the wrong ones installed. I have 236AB in the front. Is this a more known issue now? I know people when they first discovered it had a hard time getting FCA to own up.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep looks like the wrong ones installed. I have 236AB in the front. Is this a more known issue now? I know people when they first discovered it had a hard time getting FCA to own up.
Yes, it is definitely a known issue on the earlier BTS releases. You’ll have to go back through this thread, but look for the contact information for Debbie with Ram. She’s been an all-star in this whole spring debacle, and will get the ball rolling with your dealer.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Does anyone have Debbies extension? I called RAM care and the person on the other end had no idea what I was talking about. Said I need to take it to a dealer, I doubt they put a Service Bulletin out.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My case was closed out with the resolution that my dealership should have refused the truck at delivery if the springs were wrong so that will be no help. The number for Debbie is 833-873-7512 extension 3020732.
@bcwood64 Posted earlier in this thread. Page 31.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Thank you for posting her contact information. Called a local dealers service department and said they can order the springs but they never heard of this problem.

Hopefully Debbie can take care of me. Left her a message this morning and have an appointment Thursday with the dealer. Think they would have put a service bill out there by now.

Last edited:

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2020 BTS Gator a couple of days ago. Currently loving it at the moment. One thing I do need help with is I think it indeed may have the wrong springs installed. I checked the shocks and they were the green Hitachi ones so I know those are correct.

I'll add a picture today but I'm confused of what which part number is correct vs which one isn't. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully they streamlined the process of getting the correct ones installed if they did.
Awesome you got the GATOR color still pissed I miss it and was a pain in the a$$ trying to find one equipped the way I wanted it. There are several posts with the springs in the built to serve section. Congrats!

bcwood64

Reaction score
Yes, it is definitely a known issue on the earlier BTS releases. You’ll have to go back through this thread, but look for the contact information for Debbie with Ram. She’s been an all-star in this whole spring debacle, and will get the ball rolling with your dealer.

Awesome you got the GATOR color still pissed I miss it and was a pain in the a$$ trying to find one equipped the way I wanted it. There are several posts with the springs in the built to serve section. Congrats!

Thanks man! I really enjoy driving the truck. Coming from a 2015 WRX its quite the leap!

I got to update my sig but my Gator is fully optioned out. Almost every feature there is it has, minus the ORP springs!

Just added a shackle to the rear tow hitch and got my portable shovel and tow cables are in the truck.

Also can we talk about how awesome that Tuffy safe is?

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Thanks man! I really enjoy driving the truck. Coming from a 2015 WRX its quite the leap!

I got to update my sig but my Gator is fully optioned out. Almost every feature there is it has, minus the ORP springs!

Just added a shackle to the rear tow hitch and got my portable shovel and tow cables are in the truck.

Also can we talk about how awesome that Tuffy safe is?
I have the decked system sitting in my garage for all the range stuff I keep in my RAM boxes in the rebel. Safe will be pretty cool too!
Post some pics when you can brother!

Mike

bcwood64

Reaction score
I will sadly just happened to check for leaks with the pano sunroof, I found that the drivers side rug under the floormat was wet. Pulled it up and found water under it. Going to the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at but sucks. Trying not to let this damper my mood but it is frustrating on a new 60k truck.

If you guys have not checked for leaks, deff would. Rather catch it early then later.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
I will sadly just happened to check for leaks with the pano sunroof, I found that the drivers side rug under the floormat was wet. Pulled it up and found water under it. Going to the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at but sucks. Trying not to let this damper my mood but it is frustrating on a new 60k truck.

If you guys have not checked for leaks, deff would. Rather catch it early then later.
Had two of mine leak into the back seat both were through he third brake light, sucks indeed brother. It's like the know these issues and don't prevent them.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Truck is at the dealer today for the water kean issue and Debbie contacted the device manager about the spring issue.

Hoping to get the ball rolling!

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new truck!

As for the spring issues, In a nutshell, some of the early BTS trucks were delivered with the incorrect non-off road springs. These springs make the trucks sit about 1” higher than the normal springs. The best and easiest way to check to see if you have the correct springs is to go out the truck and find the white sticker on each spring with the part number. You’re looking for either the numbers ending in 0249AC (front) or 2686AB (rear). These are the off-road springs. See the attached chart showing the incorrect/correct part numbers with the asterisks.

So far I haven’t come across any Anvil owners who have had the incorrect springs, so hopefully the factory has gotten their act together.
Do you know if the yellow, blue and black shocks off of a 2020 Rebel with part number 0249AC fit on 2019 Ram 1500? If yes, what kind of a lift difference am I looking at? Thanks in advance!

Pebcak

Reaction score
Been stalking here for about a year and can finally post that I got my 2021 Billet Silver BTS here in the DFW, Texas area. Had to drive an hour North of DFW to find this one with 7 miles on it. Third on my list of color choices but I'm not complaining at all.

BTS.jpg

The Mrs and I are looking forward to customizing it in the future!!!

Users who are viewing this thread