5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

obrien

Reaction score
so about 1" below normal :) it does change a look of it!

did you kept the rake or level it as well?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anvil is such a polarizing color for me. I either love it or hate it depending on the lighting lol.

Get those windows tinted asap!

CJR28

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I posted in the BTS thread so I figured I would post an update. I posted several months ago about how I switched out the stock Falkens for GY Duratracs and have since had one go bad. Slight dry rot on the sidewall was causing a leak. I noticed from day 1 from when the new tires were put on that the tire that went bad looked off. I filed a claim with GY and the tire was replaced with a brand new one for $25. The story gets better from here. Ironically enough the next day I went to my local shop to get an oil change and rotate the tires. Usually when I’m having my truck serviced and up on a lift I check out the undercarriage and look for any oddities or wear. So while the truck is up in the air I notice a smell of gas which I didn’t smell prior and I decide to further inspect the gas tank. Upon checking out the tank I noticed that fuel appeared to be leaking from the top of the tank and trickling down to bottom. I immediately conctacted my dealership and brought it in. The dealership mechanic said that the tank needed to come out and possibly my truck would need a new tank. They told me to come in first thing in the morning the next day which I did. Several hours later I was told to come pick up the truck. Basically the service advisor told me that where the fuel pump attaches to the fuel tank developed a crack and that was causing the fuel leak. The mechanic said that possibly there was a bad connection from the factory and the change in temperature caused the crack. But all has been good since the fix. Just weird to have the tire and tank issue the same week. So far 16000 miles and besides the few issues the truck still drives great and I have zero regrets. I hope she goes another 500k miles!

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I posted in the BTS thread so I figured I would post an update. I posted several months ago about how I switched out the stock Falkens for GY Duratracs and have since had one go bad. Slight dry rot on the sidewall was causing a leak. I noticed from day 1 from when the new tires were put on that the tire that went bad looked off. I filed a claim with GY and the tire was replaced with a brand new one for $25. The story gets better from here. Ironically enough the next day I went to my local shop to get an oil change and rotate the tires. Usually when I’m having my truck serviced and up on a lift I check out the undercarriage and look for any oddities or wear. So while the truck is up in the air I notice a smell of gas which I didn’t smell prior and I decide to further inspect the gas tank. Upon checking out the tank I noticed that fuel appeared to be leaking from the top of the tank and trickling down to bottom. I immediately conctacted my dealership and brought it in. The dealership mechanic said that the tank needed to come out and possibly my truck would need a new tank. They told me to come in first thing in the morning the next day which I did. Several hours later I was told to come pick up the truck. Basically the service advisor told me that where the fuel pump attaches to the fuel tank developed a crack and that was causing the fuel leak. The mechanic said that possibly there was a bad connection from the factory and the change in temperature caused the crack. But all has been good since the fix. Just weird to have the tire and tank issue the same week. So far 16000 miles and besides the few issues the truck still drives great and I have zero regrets. I hope she goes another 500k miles!
Bro been waiting for you! Post a pic of your set up with the 6112. What setting did you end up going with? And did you get th 5160 for th rears too

CJR28

Reaction score
Bro been waiting for you! Post a pic of your set up with the 6112. What setting did you end up going with? And did you get th 5160 for th rears too
I still have yet to install the 6112’s. I still have the 5100’s and tbh they have not disappointed in the least and I haven't had the urge to have the front torn apart again but thats not to say it’s not coming ;). I have the 5160’s in the rear and had them installed at the same time I did the 5100’s. The 5160’s are great so far and I plan on ordering the Icon springs soon for the rear. Since installation I’ve put 6k miles on the truck. It’s been a mix of suburban, highway, and offroading and the truck has performed flawlessly(besides the tire and tank). I had the truck last week on an unplowed seasonal road in upstate NY and did not have one hiccup to speak of. Once I get the 6112’s and Icons on i’ll post pictures and give a thorough review

Lonster

Reaction score
Several months ago I saw the unique colors offered in the Built to Serve Editions. Really liked the Gator Green and Ceramic Gray. A couple weeks ago I saw that a Ceramic Gray with the options I wanted was in transit to my local dealership. I called up the person I knew there and told them to hold it for me when it arrived. Today I picked it up. I thought it would be impossible to find a Built to Serve model with all or most of the options I wanted.
Level 2 with the panoramic roof and 12 inch Uconnect.

View attachment 63213
-Seth
This is the exact one I have and I love her so much, you will not be in the least bit disappointed. I get so many compliments on the color.

BigAdge

Reaction score
This is the exact one I have and I love her so much, you will not be in the least bit disappointed. I get so many compliments on the color.
Same. People ask me where they can buy it, and I can't help but smile when I tell them it's a limited edition. I was worried initially I would get a lot of people thanking me for service and have to constantly clear it up that I myself haven't served. That hasn't happened once, but my good friend who's in the service (navy) loves it and says he will buy it if I'm ever going to sell it. Still running my wildpeak 33s with bilstein 5100s and couldn't be happier. About 5500 miles on her and hoping for 200k

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Same. People ask me where they can buy it, and I can't help but smile when I tell them it's a limited edition. I was worried initially I would get a lot of people thanking me for service and have to constantly clear it up that I myself haven't served. That hasn't happened once, but my good friend who's in the service (navy) loves it and says he will buy it if I'm ever going to sell it. Still running my wildpeak 33s with bilstein 5100s and couldn't be happier. About 5500 miles on her and hoping for 200k
Haven’t served either but respect those who have. Proud to show it!

HEMITKN

Reaction score

Follow the link my fellow BTS'ers

View attachment 62876
Bad ***! So pissed I missed the Gator color! Ordered my Tank on 5DEC20 still waiting.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2020 BTS Gator a couple of days ago. Currently loving it at the moment. One thing I do need help with is I think it indeed may have the wrong springs installed. I checked the shocks and they were the green Hitachi ones so I know those are correct.

I'll add a picture today but I'm confused of what which part number is correct vs which one isn't. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully they streamlined the process of getting the correct ones installed if they did.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my 2020 BTS Gator a couple of days ago. Currently loving it at the moment. One thing I do need help with is I think it indeed may have the wrong springs installed. I checked the shocks and they were the green Hitachi ones so I know those are correct.

I'll add a picture today but I'm confused of what which part number is correct vs which one isn't. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully they streamlined the process of getting the correct ones installed if they did.
Congrats on your new gator BTS. For the springs, you’ll want the part numbers to be ones found in the right column of the photo below. You’ll see stars next to the applicable part numbers (both the incorrect and correct springs).

Attachments

• 52DB8B02-5BF5-4CDD-B761-6621B89A185C.png
    52DB8B02-5BF5-4CDD-B761-6621B89A185C.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online