5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CJR28

Reaction score
This is what joe from ram sent me about this issue. “According to available information, the XZN Raised Ride Height sales code applies to vehicles that require a a different mount during the build process when extra clearance is required due to such things as 20" wheels being selected. It is not an option that is selected when ordering the vehicle, rather it is determined to be needed by the options on the vehicle during the build process”
This still doesnt explain why some BTS trucks are equipped with ORP springs and some are not. The build sheets in regards to the springs are very vague but nevertheless the springs are suppose to come with our trucks. Its not a vehicle specific option like a 12” screen or a 33 gallon gas tank, RAM needs to correct this.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what ram CC just sent me

"Based on the information that you have provided, I do believe you are referring to the Heavy-duty off-road-calibrated front and rear shock absorbers which come standard and is listed in your vehicle sales codes. If you are allegeding your vehicle is not equipped with this, you would need to work with your selling dealership on the matter. We will be closing this case "

:rolleyes:

AZHUND

Reaction score
This is what ram CC just sent me

"Based on the information that you have provided, I do believe you are referring to the Heavy-duty off-road-calibrated front and rear shock absorbers which come standard and is listed in your vehicle sales codes. If you are allegeding your vehicle is not equipped with this, you would need to work with your selling dealership on the matter. We will be closing this case "

:rolleyes:
Makes me feel warm and fuzzy on this purchase.

KBB

Reaction score
Are those WildPeak A/Ts loud at highway speeds? They look great on your Ram.
I had some issues with Wildpeak ATs. Replaced it to goodyear sra and now having smooth ride w/o light vibration. Maybe I was unfortunate on some of those falkens. SRA is definitely not the right one for off road though.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm legitimately starting to wonder if the spring issue can be linked to a certain option in our builds. Like does it have to do with having Ramboxes or payload maybe? I know @Cjr282 and I both have Ramboxes. After my visit to the dealer and the email I quoted earlier today I just can't help but to believe it may not have been a mistake.

badpewterz

Reaction score
for what its worth if you want to start option triggers
i have the ORG 249 springs
BH lv1
3.92 gear
4wd
5.7 non etorque
no ram boxes
no trailer group
no front resonator either lol which no one has been able to fiqure out yet as to the reasoning on that too

honestly though all 4wd should have them as it was advertised as including the ORG . id be just as mad as the ones who didnt get them.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Yea idk I just replied back stating that when we looked up the truck we wanted it states 1in lift height then standard. So we’ll see what they say back. I to have ram boxes

AZHUND

Reaction score
for what its worth if you want to start option triggers
i have the ORG 249 springs
BH lv1
3.92 gear
4wd
5.7 non etorque
no ram boxes
no trailer group
no front resonator either lol which no one has been able to fiqure out yet as to the reasoning on that too

honestly though all 4wd should have them as it was advertised as including the ORG . id be just as mad as the ones who didnt get them.
This is identical to my build except I have the trailer control option and remote start - if either of those trigger a lower ride height (I am 1" short) that would be extra stupid.

badpewterz

Reaction score
This is identical to my build except I have the trailer control option and remote start - if either of those trigger a lower ride height (I am 1" short) that would be extra stupid.
sorry i do have remote start also
i would hope trailer brake wouldnt drop the springs

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have the trailer group. So far that seems to be the only thing consistently but I'd be surprised if that's it.

CJR28

Reaction score
This is not a dealership error, this almost 100 percent an assembly line mixup. I would love to blame covid but I took possession of my truck 3 weeks before the shutdown. I highly doubt that this is due to certain options such as the rambox. Other Bighorns & Laramies which were optioned similar to ours that have the ORP package all included the proper springs. So far many of us on this thread have discovered that our BTS did not come as optioned and CC and dealerships are brushing it off. Same with the Rambox alignment issues, Yet one person doesnt know how to properly put back oem floor mats and it triggered a recall of almost 200k trucks....SMH

CJR28

Reaction score
Heard back from anyone yet today @Cjr282 ?
I received an email from ram cc saying the dealership would contact me and i did speak with them. Nothing yet on resolving our issue, but the dealership and I are both in agreement that FCA is trying to kick it back to the dealership when its not a dealership issue. So far the dealership has been way more helpful than CC and are trying their best to help.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, that makes me feel like I have zero chance of getting this fixed after my experiences.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Yea, that makes me feel like I have zero chance of getting this fixed after my experiences.
Seems like they will claim there is no standard and it's just luck if the draw. Seems so odd. For reference I have the ORG springs
Lvl 2
Hemi non etorque
33 gal tank
Blind Spot Alert
Tonneau cover

CJR28

Reaction score
Yet Another Update: RAM CC called me back and I was able to clarify that this is not a dealer issue. CC said they are going to have to go another route in resolving this issue. Much more helpful this time around, whether or not it gets fixed is up in the air though.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the correct ORG springs, and do not have the trailer tow package.

Crew 5.7’ Bed
Hemi Non-Etorque
3.92 Rear Axle
33-gal Tank
Big Horn Lvl 2
Bed Utility Group
Pano Sunroof
Rear Wheel Liners
Trailer Brake Controller

cjpofd

Reaction score
I’m not saying it makes sense, but I’m detecting a pattern here. Lol. Does anybody with the tow package have the ORG springs or have standard springs without the tow package?

Users who are viewing this thread