5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Built to Serve Thread

Do you own a Built to Serve edition w/ the 0249AC springs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pstemme

Reaction score
Well, there goes our pattern lol.

Could it be the first run trucks mostly? What if that ceramic grey in the picture a few pics back was a 2wd?
I am not keeping track of the build dates but it seems like it might be earlier runs got the regular springs?

AZHUND

Reaction score
I am not keeping track of the build dates but it seems like it might be earlier runs got the regular springs?
Don't think this is it - I bought mine about a month ago and they were in process of removing the shrink-wrap from it when I took it for a test drive so assume it was built recently. Mine is 4x4 but has 'regular' springs.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, it honestly might just be luck of the draw. It’s really unfortunate that the factory can’t be on top of their game a bit better. Hopefully Ram will make it right and those of you who have the standard springs will get the correct ones.

CJR28

Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, it honestly might just be luck of the draw. It’s really unfortunate that the factory can’t be on top of their game a bit better. Hopefully Ram will make it right and those of you who have the standard springs will get the correct ones.
Hoping for the best here, we will see. Ill keep updating the more i hear. This is definitely a factory issue as I explained to RAM cc. Both the dealership and CC were pretty much unaware that there even is a ORP spring. Most who lease or buy these trucks leave them stock for their duration of ownership and never bother or have a reason to check into things like this. Im curious how many BTS are out there with this issue

pstemme

Reaction score
I got mine on 8/27. when I first saw it on Sunday 8/23 it was a day or 2 off the truck and not prepped. the build date was 7/26/20

Last edited:

FMJ_RN

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've been watching this thread for a bit, and just answered the survey. I was a little unsure, however, because my window sticker does not mention the Trailer Tow Group, but I do have the 4/7pin harness, class IV receiver hitch, and the integrated trailer brake controller (no tow mirrors). As far as springs, I've got the non ORP (0237AB front and 68262675AB rear) with the extra HD 'green label' shocks. Date of manufacture was 3-20 per my door sticker. Just figured I'd contribute my info as well.

CJR28

Reaction score
I really dont think this issue is a tow package specific problem. It might be a supply issue or confusion during the manufacture process. I would make sure if your truck did not come with the ORP springs to contact CC and file a case. The more of us that do this might help in resolving the issue and making sure that the future BTS buyers dont have to deal with this headache

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are definitely BTS trucks out there with the Level 1 package.
I know there are, but when I was researching waiting on my BTS to be delivered, pretty sure all the press releases said BH level 2 standard. Once I saw that there were so many trucks that only got the level one, or even 2wd, And V6s, I was glad mine came how I thought they should.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesnt seem like there is any ryhme or reason. My Ceramic Gray BTS was one of the first run made. I took delivery Jul 28. I have the ORP springs. There are Gators that don't have them, and Ceramic Gray ones that don't have them

Fishwiz

Reaction score
New member here. Coming from a 2015 F150 ecoboost. Bought this Built To Serve in Patriotic Blue Pearl a few days ago. Has some great options I wasn't even looking for: sunroof and rambox.

So far I'm really loving it and feel great about the price (relative to other trucks on the market). MSRP of $56k, paid $42.5k OTD (including 600 in "fees").... That includes my sales taxe of $0, since I live in Montana! I had to drive 9 hours to the dealer in Idaho that had this truck priced right, but it was worth the drive and the guys at Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID were great to work with.

I never served in the military, but I've always been drawn to the military and find ways to get involved in groups and organizations that involve and give back to our service members and families. Discovering the BTS editions was a great surprise.

Initially I wanted a Laramie, but since I'll put alot of work miles on this truck, the reimbursement gets less favorable as value increases so this seemed like a great middle ground of cost efficiency while retaining some excitement factor.... Different from all the big horns on the road.
fe7b7c8abb5c2832080950d8f1690c38.jpg
234de4718b567c3a4f9373d85390c4a4.jpg
cdc64951d69bc96083fe03d875fe7b6d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigAdge

Reaction score
New member here. Coming from a 2015 F150 ecoboost. Bought this Built To serve in Patriotic Blue Pearl a few days ago. Has some great options I wasn't even looking for: sunroof and rambox.

So far I'm really loving it and feel great about the price (relative to other trucks on the market). MSRP of $56k, paid $42.5k OTD.... That includes my sales taxe of $0, since I live in Montana! I had to drive 9 hours to the dealer in Idaho that had this truck priced right, but it was worth the drive and the guys at Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID were great to work with.

I never served in the military, but I've always been drawn to the military and find ways to get involved in groups and organizations that involve and give back to our service members and families. Discovering the BTS editions was a great surprise.

Initially I wanted a Laramie, but since I'll put alot of work miles on this truck, the reimbursement gets less favorable as value increases so this seemed like a great middle ground of cost efficiency while retaining some excitement factor.... Different from all the big horns on the road.

Awesome truck and deal!!

CJR28

Reaction score
New member here. Coming from a 2015 F150 ecoboost. Bought this Built To Serve in Patriotic Blue Pearl a few days ago. Has some great options I wasn't even looking for: sunroof and rambox.

So far I'm really loving it and feel great about the price (relative to other trucks on the market). MSRP of $56k, paid $42.5k OTD (including 600 in "fees").... That includes my sales taxe of $0, since I live in Montana! I had to drive 9 hours to the dealer in Idaho that had this truck priced right, but it was worth the drive and the guys at Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID were great to work with.

Congrats and Beautiful truck! First one ive seen in Patriotic Blue Pearl with Ramboxes, almost makes me regret going with black. Seems like you also scored a very optioned truck. (y)(y)

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and Beautiful truck! First one ive seen in Patriotic Blue Pearl with Ramboxes, almost makes me regret going with black. Seems like you also scored a very optioned truck. (y)(y)

Agreed. That blue looks very nice w/ the lighting from the photos.

CJR28

Reaction score
I was supposed to put my level on this weekend. Guess I'm gonna postpone that until we make some more headway on spring-gate.
Tell me about it, Im waiting to install my Bilsteins. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread