5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Packages - Rebel V. 4x4 Off-Road:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019-Ram-1500-VLP-Capability-Off-Road-1-Rebel1.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Rebel INCLUDES:LED Headlamps, Taillamps And Fog LampsElocker® Electronic Locking Rear Differential33-Inch Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac® TiresTow HooksAvailable in Both Quad Cab® and Crew Cab ModelsFully Dampening, Assisted Tailgate12-Way Power Driver Seat with Four-Way Power Lumbar Adjustment and Rear Power Sliding Window

2019-Ram-1500-VLP-Capability-Off-Road-2-4X41.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Off Road Group INCLUDES:E-Locker Rear AxleFront Extra HD Shock AbsorbersFront Suspension Skid PlateFuel Tank Skid PlateFull Size Spare TireHill Descent ControlLT275 /65R18C OWL On/Off Road TiresOff Road DecalsRear Extra HD Shock AbsorbersSteering Gear Skid PlateTow HooksTransfer Case Skid PlateAvailable in Both Quad Cab® and Crew Cab Models

Reactions: EOC
D

Deleted member103

Don't know why I haven't found this thread till now !? One worthy of discussion, least for me, because I've been conundrum'n over a REBEL vs. BIG HORN Off Road Package ! More so because I'm "scared" of the Rebel price tag (minimal build) vs. Big Horn with a Larger # of add-ons to get it closer to a Rebel !

Rebel thoughts -- Don't really have need for the more "aggressive" stance, but I LIKE the Grill More.
33" tires, nah ! All Black (mostly vinyl) Interior, nah !
Big Horn thoughts -- Hmm, if only I could exchange for the Rebel Grill ! ! 32" on/off road tires - plenty;
only fear, their going to be Hankook crap ! I'm really liking the black/brown
Interior (1st one w/brown cloth seats). Max. Steel or Rugged Brown Exterior !
Leaning to Max Steel cause it's a Clear Coat ! Wish the R.B. were Clear Coat !
BOTH -- Built as V6 - Love the V6/8-spd. in my Jeep G.C. ! With the reduction of ~ 225 lbs. and
eTorque / ~ + 10% mpg . . . well, can't complain about that !
One more week to go and the Shock Numbers will tell ALL when "Build & Price" - let's hope
"The Price is Right" !?
1f609.png

1f914.png
?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rebel in the air.(see attachment)

Attachments

• RM019_338FN9510tjr24nqd0anvudjh9h63u3__mid.jpg
    RM019_338FN9510tjr24nqd0anvudjh9h63u3__mid.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 407
D

Deleted member103

I may be doing some of THAT in my DT Big Horn - 4X4 + Level 1 - unintentionally
263a.png

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered the '19 Laramie with the 3.92 gear ratio and Off Road Package....I traded in my '17 Ecodiesel (ED). My Ed had so many issues, was sluggish in cold weather, and was not responsive at all.

BBLV

Reaction score
Anyone know which shocks are on the Rebel vs the non-Rebel with Off-Road package? Same shocks on air vs non-air suspension for non-Rebel Off-Road models?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
BBLV said:
Anyone know which shocks are on the Rebel vs the non-Rebel with Off-Road package? Same shocks on air vs non-air suspension for non-Rebel Off-Road models?
Bilstein shocks are on the one without the air suspension.

D

Deleted member103

2019REBEL said:
Bilstein shocks are on the one without the air suspension.
Well, I'll ask the obvious Other Question . . . Does anyone know which shocks are on the NON-Rebel (for example a Big Horn with the Off Road Package + On/Off road tires ?

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
2019-Ram-1500-VLP-Capability-Off-Road-1-Rebel1.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Rebel INCLUDES:LED Headlamps, Taillamps And Fog LampsElocker® Electronic Locking Rear Differential33-Inch Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac® TiresTow HooksAvailable in Both Quad Cab® and Crew Cab ModelsFully Dampening, Assisted Tailgate12-Way Power Driver Seat with Four-Way Power Lumbar Adjustment and Rear Power Sliding Window

2019-Ram-1500-VLP-Capability-Off-Road-2-4X41.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Off Road Group INCLUDES:E-Locker Rear AxleFront Extra HD Shock AbsorbersFront Suspension Skid PlateFuel Tank Skid PlateFull Size Spare TireHill Descent ControlLT275 /65R18C OWL On/Off Road TiresOff Road DecalsRear Extra HD Shock AbsorbersSteering Gear Skid PlateTow HooksTransfer Case Skid PlateAvailable in Both Quad Cab® and Crew Cab Models
Wish RAM would ADD the 4 wheel Moldings to the package, as shown above

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Well, I'll ask the obvious Other Question . . . Does anyone know which shocks are on the NON-Rebel (for example a Big Horn with the Off Road Package + On/Off road tires ?
Only thing I can find is it says Off Road shocks so they could be anything.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
(see attachment)

Based on that I'd say the shocks are different between the off road group and the Rebel. Off road group shocks are probably still an in house shock while the Rebel has the Bilsteins.

Attachments

• orgroup.jpg
    orgroup.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 344

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone post some real life photos of the '19 Ram 1500 with the off road package. Also, any word on if the off road package will slow delivery time down?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'm sure I've got a bunch more somewhere, I'll go through my photos tomorrow.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, any idea if this package will extend my delivery date?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure, I know it includes the skid plates which were showing up as late availability but I'm not sure if they're past that now or not.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this new off road group really raises the bar for Ram. Knowing the elocker will engage and disengage and engage......makes it all the better. 10mph is a good number to have it kick out.

Can't wait to see a comparison on an actual drivable loose surface to see the difference between open diff, limited slip, elocker, off road package and Rebel. @Jared Balfour when you get the chance to review this wonderful truck, please be sure (which I have no doubt you will ) to try a loose hill and note the rear axle option.

If I don't make a purchase sooner than later, and this package makes it too the 2500, I may literally have to play Eni mEni mini mo to pick.

Great problem to have

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any more real life off road package photos? I have seen maybe 1 out there.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
I just ordered the '19 Laramie with the 3.92 gear ratio and Off Road Package....I traded in my '17 Ecodiesel (ED). My Ed had so many issues, was sluggish in cold weather, and was not responsive at all.
? ? ?
1f644.png

1f914.png

Users who are viewing this thread