5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Packages - Rebel V. 4x4 Off-Road:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you!!..Does anyone know how high or how much higher the '19 Laramie with the off road package sits compared to my '17 Laramie ecodiesel? It appears the ecodiesel sat much higher then my '16 tradesmen. I wonder how the '17 ecodisel laramie compares in height to the '19 laramie with the off road package I purchased.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
2019-Ram-1500-drive-event-25-of-42-Large.jpg

2019-Ram-1500-drive-event-40-of-42-Large.jpg
REAL LIFE ? I THINK ONE NEEDS PATIENCE FOR THE "REAL LIFE" STUFF -- GIVE FOLKS A CHANCE TO BUY, DRIVE AND GO ADVENTURING 1st !
These are "poser shots" for or from the advertisers/dealers ! ?

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Thank you!!..Does anyone know how high or how much higher the '19 Laramie with the off road package sits compared to my '17 Laramie ecodiesel? It appears the ecodiesel sat much higher then my '16 tradesmen. I wonder how the '17 ecodisel laramie compares in height to the '19 laramie with the off road package I purchased.
Yes, of course . . . I DO ! Being intimately familiar with your vehicle -- don't tell anyone, but while you are asleep I drive it and sometimes I take it to the late night drive-in and eat my burger, fries and drink (sometimes spill) my coke, while in the back seat ! You won't . . . tell anyone . . . will you ?
So, yes it is precisely 1.o237 inches USA . . . Canadian ? Look it up !
1f914.png
And of course -
263a.png
1f643.png
263a.png
!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
REAL LIFE ? I THINK ONE NEEDS PATIENCE FOR THE "REAL LIFE" STUFF -- GIVE FOLKS A CHANCE TO BUY, DRIVE AND GO ADVENTURING 1st !
These are "poser shots" for or from the advertisers/dealers ! ?
They aren't professional shots lol

BBLV

Reaction score
Those wheel wells are begging for some 35's to fill them up!

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
They aren't professional shots lol
Interesting, they certainly are worthy, . . . !? And the rest of the story is ?

BBLV

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Interesting, they certainly are worthy, . . . !? And the rest of the story is ?
Technically they are professional (?) as they were pulled from the Rough Country IG page.

Overall diameter on these 295/60/20 Nitto MT tires is 34.5", FWIW.

D

Deleted member103

BBLV said:
Technically they are professional (?) as they were pulled from the Rough Country IG page.

Overall diameter on these 295/60/20 Nitto MT tires is 34.5", FWIW.
MAN OH MAN OH MAN . . . and now; AGAIN, we have "the rest of the story" . . . truth over fiction / fact over "fake" -- Come on BBLV, come on !
1f643.png
1f615.png
1f914.png
263a.png
263a.png

BBLV

Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
MAN OH MAN OH MAN . . . and now; AGAIN, we have "the rest of the story" . . . truth over fiction / fact over "fake" -- Come on BBLV, come on !
1f643.png
1f615.png
1f914.png
263a.png
263a.png
Missing out on half an inch. Most women would tell you that means something...

Craftman

Reaction score
Looks like the 5THGEN Rebel does not get a front camera. Blind Spot Monitoring System is available for an extra 600 bucks. Up front and sides its old school which is not a problem, but front cam would be nice.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I noticed in Jared latest News Post, he shows a picture of a Limited with Off-Road Package. When I did the Build this option didn't show up. How do I get the Limited with Off-Road Package?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
I noticed in Jared latest News Post, he shows a picture of a Limited with Off-Road Package. When I did the Build this option didn't show up. How do I get the Limited with Off-Road Package?
Works fine for me on the build and price... $795 option on Limited. Have to stick with 20-inch wheels though.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
Works fine for me on the build and price... $795 option on Limited. Have to stick with 20-inch wheels though.
Couple thoughts -- who "in their right mind" - would WANT to take a LIMITED ( oh that gorgeous interior ) OFF ROAD (package or not) and with 20" wheels ta-boot ? ? ? NOT ME, even if I were "rich" and could afford 93 octane gas and all the rest !
263a.png

1f914.png
1f615.png
1f914.png

?

Ecorar

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the off road package changes the ride quality and cabin noise on the highway? Is the ride rougher, smoother, not much different? I'm assuming the all terrain tires will make more noise in the cabin but is it very noticeable?

D

Deleted member103

Ecorar said:
Does anyone know how much the off road package changes the ride quality and cabin noise on the highway? Is the ride rougher, smoother, not much different? I'm assuming the all terrain tires will make more noise in the cabin but is it very noticeable?
After witnessing a bunch of YouTube Videos I get the impression - with the V8, with its vibration-noise cancelling modules, that your concerns would be Minimal ! Other factors include better sound insulation & those double thick front door windows, and the cabin noise reduction system as well . Pretty much the same thing with the V6 without the modules; go figure ! Remember the Off Road Package tires are not as "aggressive" as the REBEL's tires ! Not sure of the quietness of the REBEL ! But then again, if it's a REBEL you be having, Stop Complaining . . . !
263a.png
1f604.png

1f914.png

ps; edit . . . MY Big Horn V6 build will have the Off Road Package - looking forward to that, especially off road ! ! !

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a question for you, there is a lone star truck at a local dealer that has the off road package on it. I pulled the description off the site, it has three separate tires listed on it . I might have to go over and actually see what tires they put on it

• Black Appearance Package $1,495
  • 20-Inch x 9-Inch Cast Aluminum Black Wheels
  • 275/55R20 OWL All Season Tires
  • Black Exterior Badging
  • Black Headlamp Bezels
  • Black Interior Accents
  • Bucket Seats
  • Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
  • Power-Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away
  • Off-Road Group $795
  • 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires
  • E-Locker Rear Axle
  • Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers
  • Front Suspension Skid Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid Plate
  • Full Size Spare Tire
  • Hill Descent Control
  • LT275 /65R18C OWL On / Off-Road Tires
  • Off-Road Decals
  • Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
  • Steering Gear Skid Plate
  • Tow Hooks
  • Transfer Case Skid Plate

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a question for you, there is a lone star truck at a local dealer that has the off road package on it. I pulled the description off the site, it has three separate tires listed on it . I might have to go over and actually see what tires they put on it

• Black Appearance Package $1,495
  • 20-Inch x 9-Inch Cast Aluminum Black Wheels
  • 275/55R20 OWL All Season Tires
  • Black Exterior Badging
  • Black Headlamp Bezels
  • Black Interior Accents
  • Bucket Seats
  • Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seat
  • Power-Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away
  • Off-Road Group $795
  • 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires
  • E-Locker Rear Axle
  • Front Extra HD Shock Absorbers
  • Front Suspension Skid Plate
  • Fuel Tank Skid Plate
  • Full Size Spare Tire
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Off-Road Decals
  • Rear Extra HD Shock Absorbers
  • Steering Gear Skid Plate
  • Tow Hooks
  • Transfer Case Skid Plate

The offroad package will force the Falken Wildpeak all terrains.

Last edited:

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think I know where the third tire comes from.

The 18 inch tire is probably the full size spare referred to in the off road package, I just assumed it would be the same as the other four

Users who are viewing this thread