5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off-Road Packages - Rebel V. 4x4 Off-Road:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the off road package changes the ride quality and cabin noise on the highway? Is the ride rougher, smoother, not much different? I'm assuming the all terrain tires will make more noise in the cabin but is it very noticeable?
My cabin is sooooo quiet and the ride is the smoothest truck I have ever been in dead serious

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared, I will take that off-road package FORCING me to take the FALKEN's EVERY time . . . wish the Spare was the same ! ?
I can just imagine trying to get up some of the soft clay & gravelly-dirt hills with my current Low-Resistance running Street tires on the Jeep G.C. ! ? Oh wait, I HAVE . . . and it AIN'T EASY and sometimes undoable ! Getting Down the slopes isn't the issue usually, but wondering IF I could get back up and out onto the pavement keeps me from trying for fear of having to call for help ! THAT would be VERY embarrassing for a JEEP ! ! ! :rolleyes: ;)
The spare is the same. The spare is a full size Faulken

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy to see you finally got your truck (not nearly as happy as FCA is im sure) ill have a few more questions for later but... do the off road shocks say bilstein anywhere on them?
Yeah from the looks of it they are not Bilsteain and they are just some in house FCA shocks

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Yeah from the looks of it they are not Bilsteain and they are just some in house FCA shocks
that's odd, i have seen 1-2 videos saying they were bilsteins. i think maybe they made a deal. no advertisement on the off-road package but advertising on the rebel.(2" lift) . LOOK HARDER !!! just kidding:)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that's odd, i have seen 1-2 videos saying they were bilsteins. i think maybe they made a deal. no advertisement on the off-road package but advertising on the rebel.(2" lift) . LOOK HARDER !!! just kidding:)
Lol I will look harder thats no problem at all. Tomorrow im working 16hrs so Thursday I will crawl deep underneath and snap some photos of everything underneath.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I think the bilsteins only come on the Rebel

i know i saw a video where the guy mentioned both the rebel and off-road were bilsteins. but different variations. i do remember me questioning his info though? UPDATE-tried to find the video - but no luck. maybe someone else recalls it. i think it was a autoshow where the had stand up billboards with the shocks etc hanging on them? and i think they went on to show the different gear options on a table-showing different sizes etc.

Last edited:

alow

Reaction score
I remember a video that said Blistens were rebel only and they didnt have info on the offroad package components but its not unheard of for makers to make a sterile product. Especially as it might swing people away from the Rebel if they know they both are Blisten. Not saying thats the case but if you are sourcing parts most places prefer to get like parts from the same maker.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I remember a video that said Blistens were rebel only and they didnt have info on the offroad package components but its not unheard of for makers to make a sterile product. Especially as it might swing people away from the Rebel if they know they both are Blisten. Not saying thats the case but if you are sourcing parts most places prefer to get like parts from the same maker.

i agree 100% - im trying to track down the video that i saw, as to not give out bad info. i did watch it twice-but that doesn't make it true. not that big of an issue - just trying to be informative . (y)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is whats in the brochure.

Rebel gets Bilsteins, Non off road gets heavy duty and Off Road gets Off-Road style(don't know what they are).

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is whats in the brochure.

Rebel gets Bilsteins, Non off road gets heavy duty and Off Road gets Off-Road style(don't know what they are).
this appears to be true. my 19's off road suspension seems to be a generic FCA suspension.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Anyone have any sense as to whether the off road package will compromise towing capability (I.e. Suspension, tire load, etc)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't think of way that it would impact towing capacity but it does impact payload. I posted the OEM Falken info here, and you've now also got the skid plate weight deducted from GVWR. And if you've got a loaded Limited there are a lot of other items shrinking your available payload.
Towing would be based on engine/transmission/rear end and those are the same. Then you've got the same suspension but beefier shocks. How beefier? No idea.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
this appears to be true. my 19's off road suspension seems to be a generic FCA suspension.

thanks for the update as always(y). seeing as how ur one the first to get the-off road package deliverd- do you plan to level it? i have some different information regarding the ability to do so at this point?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for the update as always(y). seeing as how ur one the first to get the-off road package deliverd- do you plan to level it? i have some different information regarding the ability to do so at this point?
Naw not at this time. Until I can hear FCA can solve the speedometer correction problem

Craftman

Reaction score
Info about the shocks from a caranddriver article

The big tires and a set of upgraded Bilstein monotube dampers (with external reservoirs for those at the rear axle) are what set the Rebel apart mechanically. The rest of its tough-truck gear—including a one-inch suspension lift over stock; hill-descent control; an electronically controlled locking rear differential; and skid plates for the front suspension, steering gear, transfer case, and fuel tank—can be had with the new Off-Road package available on all other four-wheel-drive Ram 1500 models for $795 plus $495 for the locking diff. Non-Rebel trucks so equipped also gain a few Off Road graphics, slightly revised versions of the 1500’s standard internal-bypass dampers, and 18- or 20-inch wheels with all-terrain tires, depending on the trim level.

Reactions: EOC

Users who are viewing this thread