5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBDLink MX+ and Ecodiesel

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll really be surprised when you go into regen as you’ll see the percent soot mass just even higher and then strip counting down as the soot is being burned off. Just keep driving until it stops counting down and the State of DPF - Normal Regen indicates it is off again. For me, I’m seeing a regen every 680 to 720 miles.

Nomad

Reaction score
See sequential pics below.

1. Download OBDLink App.
2. Plug MX+ into OBD outlet and sync up your iPhone Bluetooth with the MX+.
3. Click on the little car icon in bottom left corner and enter ALL data for your Ecodiesel.
4. Once done, it should ask if you want to download specific data from the OBDLink site to your iPhone so it can read Ecodiesel specific PIDs…do it.
5. After this is done, go to Displays and start choosing your displays…follow the pics provided below as a step by step guide as they are sequential. Repeat for as many different gauges as you want.

NOTE: PIDs for Ecodiesels are under the “Engine Control Module (Diesel)” as seen in pic #7
Thanks! Will give it a try. Appreciate the information.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See sequential pics below.

1. Download OBDLink App.
2. Plug MX+ into OBD outlet and sync up your iPhone Bluetooth with the MX+.
3. Click on the little car icon in bottom left corner and enter ALL data for your Ecodiesel.
4. Once done, it should ask if you want to download specific data from the OBDLink site to your iPhone so it can read Ecodiesel specific PIDs…do it.
5. After this is done, go to Displays and start choosing your displays…follow the pics provided below as a step by step guide as they are sequential. Repeat for as many different gauges as you want.

NOTE: PIDs for Ecodiesels are under the “Engine Control Module (Diesel)” as seen in pic #7
I installed the ODB LINK2 and I wanted to add the same gauges like yours but when the page selected for engine control module,(image 8 on your post) it only list gasoline engine, the ODB found the exact identification of my truck, Ram 1500 DT 3L turbo Diesel including the VIN number. I did install the latest update to the ODB link.
Any suggestions?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the ODB LINK2 and I wanted to add the same gauges like yours but when the page selected for engine control module,(image 8 on your post) it only list gasoline engine, the ODB found the exact identification of my truck, Ram 1500 DT 3L turbo Diesel including the VIN number. I did install the latest update to the ODB link.
Any suggestions?
Did you ask get the Enhanced OEM Add-Ons? See pics below as I apologize as I failed to include that in my plethora of pics. Click on Settings icon, then choose Get Enhanced OEM Add-Ons, then choose Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat, and then I picked both FCA 2020 and 2021 Enhanced Diagnostics. Let me know if that takes care of your issue.

DD358096-4105-4BE2-933C-AE79084ED2C3.png E67CE43B-554B-463F-BCAF-D3F35E3D39DE.png E48EAB4B-C09D-48BE-B526-00C7FE5C6EEB.png 9A14DB5C-01BC-4E26-86BD-9E949CE077B7.png

Last edited:

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ask get the Enhanced OEM Add-Ons? See pics below as I apologize as I failed to include that in my plethora of pics. Click on Settings icon, then choose Get Enhanced OEM Add-Ons, then choose Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat, and then I picked both FCA 2020 and 2021 Enhanced Diagnostics. Let me know if that takes care of your issue.

View attachment 107386 View attachment 107387 View attachment 107388 View attachment 107389
Thank you very much for replying, I read it this morning at 4:20am I did exactly what you said and I tried it with my I phone and my I pad, same thing, no engine control module for Diesel engine, I sent a message to the OBD support yesterday and haven’t got a reply, support my a**, I finally just sat down, and enjoying a beer, busy busy day getting ready for our Canadian thanksgiving long weekend. Do you have any more suggestions? Or a better way to get support from the manufacturer? Any advise would be appreciated. ACA65583-D5C3-451B-9AD3-A349E69FAB44.png

Lee07

Reaction score
Thank you very much for replying, I read it this morning at 4:20am I did exactly what you said and I tried it with my I phone and my I pad, same thing, no engine control module for Diesel engine, I sent a message to the OBD support yesterday and haven’t got a reply, support my a**, I finally just sat down, and enjoying a beer, busy busy day getting ready for our Canadian thanksgiving long weekend. Do you have any more suggestions? Or a better way to get support from the manufacturer? Any advise would be appreciated. View attachment 107478

Did you edit your own vehicle in the settings to diesel? I’m not even sure why it doesn’t say diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you very much for replying, I read it this morning at 4:20am I did exactly what you said and I tried it with my I phone and my I pad, same thing, no engine control module for Diesel engine, I sent a message to the OBD support yesterday and haven’t got a reply, support my a**, I finally just sat down, and enjoying a beer, busy busy day getting ready for our Canadian thanksgiving long weekend. Do you have any more suggestions? Or a better way to get support from the manufacturer? Any advise would be appreciated. View attachment 107478
Go to Settings and then Vehicle Editor. This is how my diesel is set up and yours should be the same as there is obviously one parameter off making your app think you have a gas engine. We’ll find it:

CAA2D466-B434-45CF-9AB1-5E2C16A8D0C3.png 211B03CC-80CE-4837-AFF5-FC0C2F764D19.png C53472B4-A764-4754-8F30-0272E32B3FE3.png

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to Settings and then Vehicle Editor. This is how my diesel is set up and yours should be the same as there is obviously one parameter off making your app think you have a gas engine. We’ll find it:

View attachment 107483 View attachment 107484 View attachment 107485
Wow you’re fast!! I have the exact same display that you listed, still only “gas engine” under engine control module, maybe I’m getting shafted because I’m in Canada and was sent a different OBD Link MX+

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sent another help request online, not from the APP, hopefully they will reply this time.
Recommend you delete the App on your iPhone and download the following as you should be running at least 5.20.1 as stated below:

8738A28E-0553-4D29-9182-4D73DDF1D1EC.png

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sorry. I don’t know what else to tell you. I’m afraid you’ll need to work with OBDLink to get it resolved. I’m interested what they find to be the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread