5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not many 2019’s on the road?

warvet

Reaction score
I've seen one Limited black with black bumpers here in my local area......the same one I actually had for 1 day when considering air suspension. Oh and one Limited in that Red with chrome bumpers. And ya know what.....doesn't bother me one bit. I actually don't blame ppl for grabbing the 18s at the prices I saw when I ordered my 19. I'm enjoying the fan fare from the 2 F150 Platinum cowokers, 1 Tundra 1794 edition coworker, 1 guy with 90s Dodge Ram I met at Autozone, a lot of female coworkers, couple strangers at the grocery store, neighbor with 2016 Ram, neighbor with a Jeep Wrangler, sidewalk onlookers at the VA hospital, etc etc LOL

It's July 2018.......I don't expect to see many 19s at all......not with the 18s and those prices. I've had ppl ask if mine was an 18 and when I say 19.....they look at me strange. One guy thought I had some connection to get a 19 this early.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I’ve seen quite a few in North Dallas, the frequency is increasing every week as well as more hit the road

EvoRAM

Reaction score
I've only seen 3 so far in MN. A few months ago saw a black limited on main st in the Hugo area and another big horn black edition in Hugo again last week. Saw another black limited pulled into the parking lot at the Eagan outlets this past weekend.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I actually got it the beginning of may. Already have 5000 miles on it it’s a limited crew granite Chrystal 3.92

That's a beautiful truck! I plan to buy a black limited after Xmas, but the granite grey was a very close second..

Could you do me a favor? And let me know what the sticker on the driver's side door say about payload capacity? I am trying to figure out what I need to get for truck/trailer combo :)

Thanks in advance!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could you do me a favor? And let me know what the sticker on the driver's side door say about payload capacity? I am trying to figure out what I need to get for truck/trailer combo :)
Thanks in advance!
Better yet @Ksilva211 , post the pic of your payload door sticker here:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/tire-and-loading-sticker.374/

@BostonBlueRam have you seen that thread? May help. I’m expecting my moderately decked out BigHorn to be 1400-1500 vs the advertised 1780 payload.

Ksilva211

Reaction score
likes? -dislikes?

I love the truck and the way it rides. They are glitchy right now. Having issues with the usb and Apple CarPlay from time to time. Screen has frozen once or twice. H and k sound is good but I expected more from 19 speakers to be honest. Air ride has not wanted to adjust a handful of times until you drive for a bit. Not getting great fuel economy. Prob avg 15 right now. All in all I’m happy with it though. They knocked the design out of the park in my opinion

Ksilva211

Reaction score
That's a beautiful truck! I plan to buy a black limited after Xmas, but the granite grey was a very close second..

Thanks in advance!

I’m not at the truck right now but if memory serves me correctly payload is 1348 on the door sticker. My 2012 2500 Laramie was 2000 so I don’t think it’s to far off. That being said I have towed some decent weight with this thing and only a couple times has it told me it’s not able to adjust ride height because of payload but it will level out.

Last edited:

Kramersp

Reaction score
I love the truck and the way it rides. They are glitchy right now. Having issues with the usb and Apple CarPlay from time to time. Screen has frozen once or twice. H and k sound is good but I expected more from 19 speakers to be honest. Air ride has not wanted to adjust a handful of times until you drive for a bit. Not getting great fuel economy. Prob avg 15 right now. All in all I’m happy with it though. They knocked the design out of the park in my opinion
You're satisfied with that many issues? Where they corrected by the dealer?

Kramersp

Reaction score
Oh, and I still haven't seen a 2019 Ram 1500 on the road. Kinda cool though. I'll be driving a unique truck for a little bit. I see probably 100 different F150's a day.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Oh, and I still haven't seen a 2019 Ram 1500 on the road. Kinda cool though. I'll be driving a unique truck for a little bit. I see probably 100 different F150's a day.

just saw a black limited with colour matching bumpers 20 mins ago. realized it instantly. western canada.

warvet

Reaction score
You're satisfied with that many issues? Where they corrected by the dealer?
Man my wife of 25 years has more issues than that and I’m happy with her. And she refuses to make corrections. He’ll get his issues fixed. I have 1 issue (slight knock on some turns under left foot and we’ve done one adjustment and we’ll chase it down) on my truck and I’m 10000% happy. 1 issue has been fixed already (AC). I’ve had older more established cars with issues just as I have 1-2 on this one. It’s all good. What doesn’t get fixed ASAP will have updates and bulletins released as time goes on. I don’t have the issues he has —but he’ll be fine.

My 17 Harley has a few issues but it’s takenme from NC to Key West and NC to Canada and I smiled the entire way

Last edited:

Kramersp

Reaction score
Just odd. I have a buddy with a 09 Ram 1500 and the 5.7L hemi just ate the cam and bent 4 of 8 pushrods at 140k miles. He does regular maintenance and knows what hes doing (he rebuilt the motor after it did this). And he tells me about lifter knock and known issues and still looks me in the eye and calls it a great truck! I'd be ticked off. I will be ticked if I have suspension issues or any drivetrain problems with this truck. I get software updates with the uconnect. That wont bug me much. Bad engineering really boils my blood. I've never had a drivetrain problem from any truck I've ever had across 3 different brands.

warvet

Reaction score
Just odd. I have a buddy with a 09 Ram 1500 and the 5.7L hemi just ate the cam and bent 4 of 8 pushrods at 140k miles. He does regular maintenance and knows what hes doing (he rebuilt the motor after it did this). And he tells me about lifter knock and known issues and still looks me in the eye and calls it a great truck! I'd be ticked off. I will be ticked if I have suspension issues or any drivetrain problems with this truck. I get software updates with the uconnect. That wont bug me much. Bad engineering really boils my blood. I've never had a drivetrain problem from any truck I've ever had across 3 different brands.
I understand! I do! I guess for me —whether it be a new cell phone, a house that was built, a new computer, a new ceiling fan straight out of the box —sometimes there are issues. Sometimes I kick myself for mistakes I’ve made when installing or repairing things. Everything is so massed produced these days. But I know where you’re coming from

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed one on my Florida to Michigan trip this week. Since I've been been in Michigan I've seen 3. It'll be a while before we start seeing a few in the same parking lots and traffic lights.

Tacticalpanda

Reaction score
Im in ohio. In the last 3 weeks ive seen 4 limiteds and one laramie/big horn. Wasnt sure which. Prior to that i had only seen one before purchasing my truck which i think was a dealer demo. I was only the look out. It seems like they are starting to trickle out there.

I honestly think they are selling more 18s still. I have 2 neighbors who bought 18s and ive seen a bunch of 1500s with temp plates in the last few months.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I honestly think they are selling more 18s still. I have 2 neighbors who bought 18s and ive seen a bunch of 1500s with temp plates in the last few months.

Agreed. I'm in Northern Virginia and I see lots of new 18s on the road. Two people in my subdivision bought new ones in the past few months, one of which is a Patriot Blue CC with Ramboxes. Grr!

One local dealership had an ad online a few weeks ago for, if I remember correctly, $15k off MSRP + rebates for any 2018 model on their lot. If I was just looking for a truck and wasn't dead set on a DT, that would be a very, very hard bargain to pass up.

Echance01

Reaction score
Just drove from Phoenix to Newport Beach, CA down to San Diego then to Yuma, Az and back to Phoenix. Didn’t see one (I made it a point to be on the lookout because of this thread).

Hoping to buy myself one this weekend so I can make the trip all over again and change that viewpoint.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just saw my first “out in the wild” Limited today. We were both sitting at a 4 way stop about 10 miles from my home where a couple of 2 lane highways cross. We both looked for a few seconds then gave a thumbs up and went on. I have seen some Bighorn’s and Laramie’s in the wild but no Longhorn’s or Limited’s.

Users who are viewing this thread