5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound from speakers???

JDRam

Reaction score
So, I started my beautiful truck this morning like I always do, connect my phone to listen to a podcast on my morning drive to work and I’m met with silence...turned the volume all the way up. Still silence.
I turned off Bluetooth, turned the radio on. Silence. Made a phone call, silence. Couldn’t hear any music or the phone ring. There isn’t even any sound when the buttons on the screen are touched! Did the ole turn the truck off, turn it back on...three times. Silence.
Anyone else had this problem?

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with NAV (not the 12” screen)

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Its a known issue. I've had my 2019 bighorn 8.4 screen system with 6 speakers for a year and a half and have had this issue since day 1. Its very sporadic as I can go months without it occurring or it will have everyday. I've talked to my dealer multiple times and they finally started telling me there is an update coming to fix it but that was several months ago with still no luck. It usually will reset itself after it sits for a few hours then you'll be good to go. I bought a Tazer DT for some other stuff but it has a full reboot feature, doesn't change anything with the truck or settings but just kinda does a full restart. I had the no sound issue a couple weeks ago and I thought about that so I decided to give it a shot and it fixed it! So everytime this happens now I run the full reboot from the Tazer DT and it fixes it everytime.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I started my beautiful truck this morning like I always do, connect my phone to listen to a podcast on my morning drive to work and I’m met with silence...turned the volume all the way up. Still silence.
I turned off Bluetooth, turned the radio on. Silence. Made a phone call, silence. Couldn’t hear any music or the phone ring. There isn’t even any sound when the buttons on the screen are touched! Did the ole turn the truck off, turn it back on...three times. Silence.
Anyone else had this problem?

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn with NAV (not the 12” screen)

There’s a reset button buried with in the apps menu. Have you tried that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDRam

Reaction score
@ClayFire2 I'll look into the Tazar DT. I'm going to attempt to get a service appointment this afternoon. May be impossible with the upcoming holiday.

@LimitedGRR I was not aware of a reset button. Do you happen to know where it is at in settings?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@ClayFire2 I'll look into the Tazar DT. I'm going to attempt to get a service appointment this afternoon. May be impossible with the upcoming holiday.

@LimitedGRR I was not aware of a reset button. Do you happen to know where it is at in settings?

If you go into apps the settings and scroll down you’ll find it...
e2c7f1b961aee31f7bdac07f293bab2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClayFire2

Reaction score

If you have any luck with service let me know I've been waiting 4 months since they told me there was an update coming..

There is no reset on the 8.4 screen thats only on the 12".

JDRam

Reaction score
@ClayFire2 Just called to make a service appointment...earliest they can get me in is next Thursday. I have video of the radio playing with no sound, hopefully the problem fixes itself between now & then and they use the video as proof of the issue.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
It should after you park a few hours it will fix itself. I'm guessing it goes through a full cycle down throughout that time and resets itself. Everytime I head to the dealer it would always end up working, pain in the ***, haha! It finally happened and I drove there and they finally had other owners complaining only took over a year for that to happen.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should after you park a few hours it will fix itself. I'm guessing it goes through a full cycle down throughout that time and resets itself. Everytime I head to the dealer it would always end up working, pain in the ***, haha! It finally happened and I drove there and they finally had other owners complaining only took over a year for that to happen.

my has also is doing that have an appointment next week.sitting 1hr or 12.makes no difference

Users who are viewing this thread