5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque

HAL9001

Reaction score
The tax payer gets to fork over $10,000? I think it's time to quit working
You're looking at it the wrong way. Corporations, businesses, and billionaires get billions in government tax breaks all the time. The costs to support a few energy incentives are a drop in the bucket compared to that. It's extremely rare when ordinary people like us are offered any such breaks by the government and businesses, so it's either take it or lose it and don't hold your breath for anything more.

The government sees a real financial and strategic need to be less dependent on oil, both foreign and domestic. Putin has recently made that point all too clear. Thus, they're pushing incentives for solar and EVs. These incentives have been around since solar and EVs became practical but, due to the high initial costs, most people weren't buying. The tax breaks and rebates have been highly successful at pushing people to move into alternatives that they probably wouldn't have considered otherwise by offsetting some of the costs.

So, if you're thinking about buying an EV in the foreseeable future, take this very rare opportunity to get back some of your taxes, otherwise it'll just go to the corporations and billionaires as usual.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Can't get hemi without etorque on Laramie currently. You can get it in a limited
Last week, when I ordered my Limited, I was told by Angelo at Mark Dodge that the E torque Hemi was the only version that could be ordered. This was on June 10th. He also stated that Ram is now charging $2795 for the Hemi, which is supposed to be standard. I trust that Mark Dodge salespeople have a handle on what is up. I don't believe they had any reason to bs me. Angelo told me when he put the order in, it would not accept the non E Torque as an option anymore.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last week, when I ordered my Limited, I was told by Angelo at Mark Dodge that the E torque Hemi was the only version that could be ordered. This was on June 10th. He also stated that Ram is now charging $2795 for the Hemi, which is supposed to be standard. I trust that Mark Dodge salespeople have a handle on what is up. I don't believe they had any reason to bs me. Angelo told me when he put the order in, it would not accept the non E Torque as an option anymore.
I posted a picture that says you can get it. Call Angelo up and see if they can get it changed. They charge $2795 for etorque, standard hemi is $0.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tax payer gets to fork over $10,000? I think it's time to quit working
Not quite. As it sits, the federal tax incentive is only applicable for taxes owed/paid because it's a non-refundable credit. Taxpayers aren't footing the bill - the government just isn't getting that amount of tax money from the EV buyer. State incentive would potentially depend on refundable vs non-refundable, and electric company rebates are probably paid through a grant or something via the government which likely is taxpayer funded.
Have to admire the strategy- instead addressing a product's shortcomings, just make it obligatory.

"Mr. Pepsi CEO, our diet sodas are losing popularity, people don't like the taste."

:unsure:

"Discontinue the non-diet sodas."
There isn't much in the way of shortcomings. Long term reliability is a bit of a concern, and start/stop can be annoying (but at least you can disable it). Either way, you cannot deny that it improves MPG.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this post of yours NEVER stated what model

you made a general statement without all the facts

that is why you are getting questioned.
Isn't this thread about a Limited order? It's not a thread on Bighorn or Laramie order.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(Deleted. Not worth it.)

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Isn't this thread about a Limited order? It's not a thread on Bighorn or Laramie order.
the title of the thread is
"No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque"

no mention of ANY model

lots of people read this forum and when you read a headline you come to a conclusion

fyi
here is the limited thread

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

no mention of ANY model

lots of people read this forum and when you read a headline you come to a conclusion

fyi
here is the limited thread
Actually, this thread is about the Limited. The OP specifically tried to order a Limited without eTorque.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

no mention of ANY model

…And @Cbty2050 has shown that, despite the thread title “No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque”, this is not the case. Did he not? He shows a Limited with the EZH engine option available, which is a 5.7 Hemi without E torque. His picture also specifically addresses the OP’s very first sentence of the very first post in this thread that he created.
And, obviously, no one should reply to a thread based off of the thread title alone, without reading any of the posts in the thread, but for some strange reason people do, so that is entirely their fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online