5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more 5.7 Hemi without E Torque

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did use google and researched before I bought my truck.

There are no updates for my truck and flying forward is exactly like the videos and information I have read about confirm as the electric motor is assisting the first half a wheel turn in addition the the gas engine. I am not complaining about it flying forward, just a fact that it moves on it's own when i don't touch the gas which is normal on a 22 from everyone I see here.

Are you seriously talking about regen reducing brake wear.
New brakes are as cheap as an oil change or 2 that's so irreverent and definitely not a "pro" with the amount of gas you waste due to slowing down (again this is assuming you are keeping the auto start-stop off)

The stuff you are saying is not completely correct and you can't provide a source.

If you are going to claim to state facts and someone calls you out you should provide some evidence and sources instead of talking out your a$$.

Also to echo, title of thread is still fake news
You have a 22 5.7 with etorque and no updates? I would be shocked, unless they have been performed already.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ive had it at the dealership and there was nothing yes.
I had it in near the end of March.

I'm also having no problems with my eTorque or tow modes.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive had it at the dealership and there was nothing yes.
I had it in near the end of March.

I'm also having no problems with my eTorque or tow modes.
You really don't know if you have any updates then. HCP update was released in April. It's ok 👍🏻

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I learned a lot from this video.

Yeah I watched a few different videos with that guy and he seems to really understand what it's doing. I think I'll I saw him in 2 other videos.
Without auto start-stop enabled it's not going to engage based upon what he says. Because the etorque doesn't need to assist after stopping since the gas wigine stays running.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was indeed an update for the 22s to stop the lurching, my 21 doesnt lurch when i have the system on, as thats the way its supposed to operate. The SB has been posted on this forum before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Michael_D

Reaction score
My 2019 has the E-torque. I was dumb enough to believe the marketing BS and ordered it that way. My son has a 2019 without it. I've driven his and there is no difference in off idle or low rpm performance between the two.

The braking assist feature does work. It works so well, that when descending a long, steep mountain, you lose all gas mileage efficiencies by just letting the truck coast down. It slows you down well below whatever you may have your cruise control set to. It actually causes MPG to go down, not up. And yes, I've ran the numbers and the same stretch of road enough times to know I'm not full of crap.

The auto-start feature works most of the time, but I've also been in traffic, first at the light, to only have the damn thing not start when I release the brake. It's happened several times, with pissed-off folks behind me, laying onto their horn, as I fumble around and get the truck moving forward again.

If you like the feature, good for you. Me - I hate it. I hate on my truck, and I hate it on every damn rental I get that has it..........

U

User_33319

I actually like the e-torque system. I average between 18 to 19 mpg (calculated) around town but I also live down a 10 mile county road that I travel at about 45 mph which greatly improves my city mpg. The only thing I dislike about the system is that its hard to come to a really smooth stop with the regenerative braking. On mine it seems that the regenerative braking does not kick in until my speed reduces to about 15 mph so it does not appear to be kicking in when coasting down a hill. The stop start system is almost seamless on my truck except when you are sitting at a stop light for awhile and the engine starts back up due to cooling while you are still holding the brake. I have to apply a little heavier brake pressure when stopped as it tries to move forward almost like a lurch forward under light brake pressure. It definitely takes some getting used to. Mine was built 10/21. I certainly understand why some folks don't like it. We will see how reliable the system is as I plan to keep it for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread