5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No GPS Signal on Navigation

Bin01123

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with 65K miles. (out of warranty) I just noticed a few days ago that the factory navigation GPS isn't working. I use AppleCarPlay anyway but I would like this to work if it doesn't break the bank. Please let me know if there is anything else I should check in order to fix this

- Check to see if the Telematics Module is still installed (I have to figure out where its located first) Thanks @HSKR R/T for telling me about this
- Check to see if the GPS is connected to the main unit
- Check the status of the antenna for damage
- Maybe there is an issue with the LTE card in the head unit

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited with 65K miles. (out of warranty) I just noticed a few days ago that the factory navigation GPS isn't working. I use AppleCarPlay anyway but I would like this to work if it doesn't break the bank. Please let me know if there is anything else I should check in order to fix this

- Check to see if the Telematics Module is still installed (I have to figure out where its located first) Thanks @HSKR R/T for telling me about this
Our team would like to see where we can best support you. Can you please send us a private message with more details regarding when this concern first became present so we can look further into this?

Dakota
Ram Cares

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a similar situation on the unit in my 2018 Durango SRT. Message was "Searching for GPS Signal." Face plate had also delaminated. Dealer replaced entire unit (October, 2023). It took about 6 months for replacement to arrive. Everything was completely covered under my extended warranty.

Tallus

Reaction score

Bin01123

Reaction score
Our team would like to see where we can best support you. Can you please send us a private message with more details regarding when this concern first became present so we can look further into this?

Dakota
Ram Cares
just sent a PM

Bin01123

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I'd like to try the software update first if I can get the truck to take the update

Bin01123

Reaction score
Just tried the software update and it wasn’t successful. I received this message once the update got to 19%

Attachments

• IMG_8575.jpeg
    IMG_8575.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 17

Bin01123

Reaction score
So I had my truck in for another issue and I had them look at this issue while it was there. The said it needed a software update and I'm going to let them do it while its there. They said the software update will take 4 hours. Does that sound right?

@HSKR R/T @Darksteel165

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I had my truck in for another issue and I had them look at this issue while it was there. The said it needed a software update and I'm going to let them do it while its there. They said the software update will take 4 hours. Does that sound right?

@HSKR R/T @Darksteel165
The 4-hours is probably book time. Chances are the actual update won't take that long.

Users who are viewing this thread