5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No electrical outlets (110V, 400W)< 2019 Laramie trim

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll have to hop in and look when I get back from work.
Thanks Alow, if you have the time, posting pics of your front and rear usb/115v outlets here would help move this topic forward. I’m wondering if the bench seats don’t even get a front 115v, and some are getting BigHorn Level 2 vehicles with no inverter or 115v outlets at all.

BTW I see you went without LEDs. Bench seat sittin’ incandecent light bulb usin’ dinosaurs we are... (y)

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
UPDATE: Ram told me that my vehicle was built (January) a few months prior to the availability of the 400W inverter and 115V outlets. Wiring this in would be expensive and more importantly it ups a risk to them if problems arised. They said the late availability rule applies, unfortunately. So no go here.

Based off things already mentioned in this thread I'm under the impression that the reason for multiple level 2 packages was for availability reasons over consumer or manufacturing cost savings. The 25Z level 2 shows as $2,100 on my window sticker. The sports package shows as $995 although now it shows as $1095 (no way that was the difference in 18x9 vs 20x9 rims).

They did however agree on compensation for not having 20 inch wheels on my sports package per the site options so they sent a check.

Last edited:

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Did you order the truck or buy it off the lot? Check it over completely before signing on the dotted line for it?

No I'm your typical too impatient to order kind of guy. I was parking lot sharking for a window sticker that I liked.

Followed that up with breaking cardinal rule # 1. Be thorough and look over everything. I let my excitement get the best of me.

As many vehicles as I've bought you would of thought I wouldn't make that mistake. I'll be better when it's time to pull the trigger on the Rebel TRX in a couple years

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The inverter are in the previous models so why was it so hard the put in the 2019. I would think all the parts would be the same.

I have the plug in my dash on my 2014.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
The inverter are in the previous models so why was it so hard the put in the 2019. I would think all the parts would be the same.

I have the plug in my dash on my 2014.
Only speculation on my part but the outlets on the 2019 are on the bottom of the front console and the back. I believe both might be a hub (containing the USB ports as well). The dash itself just has the 12V socket.

Note I'm just basing this off speculation on the fact that I'm using a loaner 2018 Laramie. I feel like 18 vs 19 Rams are pretty unique from one another.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I was more thinking the inverter as there is probably millions of them out there. Yes I could see the dash is new so they would have to acquire new parts for that

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Once parts are actually available I might do it myself.

I'll be looking to do the same thing. I was disappointed to find out I didn't have one already. I typically don't need it myself, but it has been a lifesaver for the kids in the backseat.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I'll be looking to do the same thing. I was disappointed to find out I didn't have one already. I typically don't need it myself, but it has been a lifesaver for the kids in the backseat.
I want mine for my dogs and a blower every so often since that's the best defense against hard water

alow

Reaction score
Yeah so definitely not there anywhere. Bighorn Lvl 2

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah so definitely not there anywhere. Bighorn Lvl 2
Yep, so they held them back from early production Bighorn Level 2s for whatever reason. If there is a blank spacer panel below your flipper switches in the front, and another below the rear usbs, then maybe you could add them there later if desired. I wonder if the wiring is in there?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, so they held them back from early production Bighorn Level 2s for whatever reason. If there is a blank spacer panel below your flipper switches in the front, and another below the rear usbs, then maybe you could add them there later if desired. I wonder if the wiring is in there?

I don't have a cutout for mine. However, the wireless charge kit on ebay seems to come with that panel for the front console and it has the cutout there if you are not comfortable cutting it yourself. I would imagine at least some of the wiring is already there.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a cutout for mine. However, the wireless charge kit on ebay seems to come with that panel for the front console and it has the cutout there if you are not comfortable cutting it yourself. I would imagine at least some of the wiring is already there.
Can’t wait to get my new perfect truck so I can start in on modifications! :D

alow

Reaction score
I wonder if this is something we can take up with FCA and have a dealer install?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this is something we can take up with FCA and have a dealer install?
I would, brochure says you get it. Won’t hurt to try unless you just don’t wamt the headaches or don’t really need the outlets...

alow

Reaction score
Whats the best way to go about this? Dealer or Ramchat/Care?

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the best way to go about this? Dealer or Ramchat/Care?
Agree with @Blazn I would start with the dealership if you have a good relationship with them. Salesperson then manager maybe?

Open a complaint case about your missing inverter and 115v plugs with @RamCares to see if they really do... it continues to chap my hide when they sell you on something in the brochure, then fail to deliver it after you paid. It's just unfair, deceptive, unscrupulous. If you emphasize you expected the items in the brochure when you ordered and paid, perhaps they'll bend.

At worst, maybe the dealership will cut you a deal on the parts and some cool service guys show you how to do the install.

Users who are viewing this thread