5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No electrical outlets (110V, 400W)< 2019 Laramie trim

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
You should get what the brochure says you get when you decide to spend the extra money for optional items. I dislike but can stomach a “late availabilty” caveat since you at least know there’s a possibility you won’t get what you want, but to offer certain items in writing and then not deliver them? That’s just not right.

- 2019 Ram brochure says I will get a bed step if I spend up for the bed utility group.
- Says the Bighorn gets 115v outlets if I upgrade to Level 2.
- Says I get a bed extender if I throw in Ramboxes.

If I don’t get these things I’ve effectively been deceived into paying how much money?

Not sure how we as a community might most effectively get to the bottom of problems like this (Potentially all Level 2 Bighorns being shorted on power/connectivity options) but I am all ears for those of you with more experience wrestling with this corporation. Doesn’t seem to be a dealer problem if trucks aren’t being built to match the advertising materials!
I've been back and forth with RamCares today about this so I might have a resolution in the next day or two.
With a MSRP of $53K on an optioned out Big Horn I debate if I should have just gotten the Rebel or Laramie. I'll keep y'all posted on what RamCares to do.(y)

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
all ears for those of you with more experience wrestling with this corporation.

Right now the debate with Ram is:

1) do they honor the build options on the website or the advertised options on the brochures...or both

2) can they install it post production and what does that look like logistically

3) what's the compensation if 1 & 2 lack resolution

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been back and forth with RamCares today about this so I might have a resolution in the next day or two.
With a MSRP of $53K on an optioned out Big Horn I debate if I should have just gotten the Rebel or Laramie. I'll keep y'all posted on what RamCares to do.(y)
I am real curious to see what they do.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1) do they honor the build options on the website or the advertised options on the brochures...or both

2) can they install it post production and what does that look like logistically

Prolly won't be any compensation. I could see your dealer give you a free oil change

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Prolly won't be any compensation. I could see your dealer give you a free oil change

I don't remember if it was here or another forum, but a member posted that they were sending checks out to buyers who were missing another item they were supposed to have included. Something to do with the tow mirrors and the 360 camera maybe? I'd have to find the post.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Better make it two:ROFLMAO: I would be heated if they tried that. But Ram is actually handling this so I hope they can remedy this better than the dealer.
I don't remember if it was here or another forum, but a member posted that they were sending checks out to buyers who were missing another item they were supposed to have included. Something to do with the tow mirrors and the 360 camera maybe? I'd have to find the post.
They actually mentioned that to me...but I volleyed a few more questions that they have to research first. So I'll know in a day or two.

I can't see adding wiring, an inverter and 2 outlet/hubs to the trim as overly complex. However I can see Ram wanting to limit liability and doing so would increase liability especially if something went awry.

Ken1085

Reaction score
I did a build for a Big Horn on RamTrucks.com. On the Level 2 Equipment Group it does not list the rear 115v outlet and the standard features only list 12V. When I built a Rebel it lists the 115v rear outlet under the Level 2 Equipment Group and standard features lists a 115v outlet and 12v. I had always assumed they were the same packages between the two trucks. I wonder if they changed something along the way and updated the build site but not some of the other literature out there. Interesting to see how this plays out. Keep us posted.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I did a build for a Big Horn on RamTrucks.com. On the Level 2 Equipment Group it does not list the rear 115v outlet and the standard features only list 12V. When I built a Rebel it lists the 115v rear outlet under the Level 2 Equipment Group and standard features lists a 115v outlet and 12v. I had always assumed they were the same packages between the two trucks. I wonder if they changed something along the way and updated the build site but not some of the other literature out there. Interesting to see how this plays out. Keep us posted.
That's the issue I'm seeing. Advertised 1 thing the website when ordering/building states another. Causing a lot of room for errors and/or misconceptions.

I'll post an update once an agreement is made.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what the current Bighorn Level 2s look like on the lots, 110v or not?

Advertised 1 thing the website when ordering/building states another.
That truck configuration tool is fun but goobered up in some details. Kept showing conflicts where none existed, no 9 speakers on a regular Hemi, couldn’t add a sunroof to a Bighorn Level 2, goofy random things. The dealer’s computer configuration options matched the brochure. (I filled out their survey to let them know, think it’ll make a difference?)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That truck configuration tool is fun but goobered up in some details. Kept showing conflicts where none existed, no 9 speakers on a regular Hemi, couldn’t add a sunroof to a Bighorn Level 2, goofy random things. The dealer’s computer configuration options matched the brochure. (I filled out their survey to let them know, think it’ll make a difference?)
The Longhorn configurator was incorrect a few months back; it required the user to select pretty much everything in order to add the air suspension. This was fixed in a matter of a couple of weeks' time. It may help that you are pointing it out to their web team.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
The dealer’s computer configuration options matched the brochure. (I filled out their survey to let them know, think it’ll make a difference?)
The more people that contact them the merrier. Heck if we sticky a thread dedicated to these discrepancies maybe we can collect enough data to push a giant shift for customer satisfaction. I've honestly not see so many issues pop up in any vehicles I've own as I have with Ram.

I'm not say class action but it's kinda ridiculous to see so many little things pile up.
It may help that you are pointing it out to their web team.
RamCare is definitely tracking issues with the inconsistencis for what they advertised vs what you can build vs what you receive.. So I think the more they get buzzed the more that they will be forced to offer consideration/compensation or fix the issues.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

1) Their response here tells us what kind of leadership the company has, and whether we ultimately choose to trust them. Trust is a commodity, related to brand perception and the building block of loyalty. Let’s hope they respect its value. I sat down with my sales rep and the brochure to make my purchasing decision. At no point was I told not to believe what was printed on paper so I committed to spending thousands extra based on it. If we can’t believe what they hand us in writing, what can we believe? (I’m sure some will expect the worst, some the best. Let’s watch and see!)

2) The cost (and benefit) of honoring their word is of course their concern. Are the bench seats pre built to accept the wiring and plugs? Or are they an easy part to swap with the correct bench insert? Same questions for the center consoles. This could be very simple fast and easy if they designed it to be... and if their leadership allows it (see question 1)

3) If they don’t want to do the modifications I would be satisfied if they included the parts required to do the job so I could slam it all in myself and have the features I expected. Perhaps others would prefer the monetary cost of those parts back?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oddly enough the dealership here had one other bighorn sports. However it was 2wd but came with 20x9 (mine had 18s).

20s are a stand alone option on many of the trims. Did yours have that $1,595 option? It was $1,295 on the Laramie and I checked that box.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
- 2019 Ram brochure says I will get a bed step if I spend up for the bed utility group.
- Says the Bighorn gets 115v outlets if I upgrade to Level 2.
- Says I get a bed extender if I throw in Ramboxes.

Data point: This Hemi eTorque (27Z package) BigHorn Level 2 model in transit list the 400w inverter and front/rear 115v outlets. This one has the center console, I am looking for a bench to compare. Bighorn Level 2 groups do not appear equal despite literature/brochures not indicating this (no caveats anywhere in the brochure). The price of the option is higher by $200 as well.

EDIT: Addl data point: Normal Hemi (25Z package) BigHorn Level 2 in transit with inverter and 115v outlets listed. Level 2 price higher also ($2400).

EDITED - Speculation: Feels like Ram/FCA may have had a plan to give early Hemi non-eTorque customers fewer features in the (expensive) Level 2 option package to save their costs.

FE1E1357-320C-4E8A-857A-04D80E4469A2.jpeg 79C0A377-2DE3-4B5A-BCAB-3DBDB106A914.jpeg

Last edited:

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
YoAdrian, I share the same opinion on the company and await to see which direction they choose.

20s are a stand alone option on many of the trims. Did yours have that $1,595 option? It was $1,295 on the Laramie and I checked that box.
No mine had sports package marked as $995. I just went to the site again and now it says $1095. The follow up is whether you opt for all season or all terrain wheels(which adds the off road group). The brochure indicates it's not a trim opt but not the website indicates it is on the Bighorn

Bighorn Level 2 groups do not appear equal despite literature/brochures not indicating this (no caveats anywhere in the brochure). The price of the option is higher by $200 as well.

EDIT: Addl data point: Normal Hemi (25Z package) BigHorn Level 2 in transit with inverter and 115v outlets listed. Level 2 price higher also ($2400).

EDITED - Speculation: Feels like Ram/FCA may have had a plan to give early Hemi non-eTorque customers fewer features in the (expensive) Level 2 option package to save their costs.
I actually have the 25Z according to my window sticker at $2,100. Until you mentioned it I didn't realize there were multiple level 2 packages for the trim o_O and your write the literature definitely doesn't allude to that.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No mine had sports package marked as $995. I just went to the site again and now it says $1095. The follow up is whether you opt for all season or all terrain wheels(which adds the off road group). The brochure indicates it's not a trim opt but not the website indicates it is on the Bighorn

Did you order the truck or buy it off the lot? Check it over completely before signing on the dotted line for it? No way the 20s are included in the sport package for that price. Many options have gone up in price, my POC to window sticker price increased over $500 but I paid the price we agreed on...and I'm sure the dealer was charged the quoted price from FCA at order.

Build/Price is notoriously wrong with not just FCA but other brands as well. When you sit at your dealer and order the truck on their computer...that's when you can see what you can and cannot order.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know the Canadian site has 2 Level 2 packages for the Bighorn and they are both the same price. Only difference I could see was a couple of USB ports.

banditsc

Reaction score
I also contacted Ram Cares and got the below response, I guess we will see. I at least have a case number and response that I would have it.

According to our resources, your 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 will be
equipped from factory with the 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet.

While I was at it, I also asked about the bed step that is included in the Bed Utility Group according to the brochure. The agent apparently didn't understand what I was referring to with the step, but included what is included in the package. The last item is interesting.

The Bed Utility Group includes:

? 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
? Spray in Bedliner
? Pick-Up Box Lighting

? Truck Bed Cargo Divider

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Bed Utility Group includes:

? 4 Adjustable Cargo Tie-Down Hooks
? Spray in Bedliner
? Pick-Up Box Lighting

? Truck Bed Cargo Divider
Thanks Banditsc, you know I just noticed my Bed Utility Group went up by $100 to $845... wonder if that’s why? I would prefer if it’s due to adding the bed step since I am already getting the Rambox Bed Extender/Divider...

Users who are viewing this thread