5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No electrical outlets (110V, 400W)< 2019 Laramie trim

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Well my bad for assuming that electrical outlets are standard for trucks. I just realized I don't have a single 110V outlet in my 2019 Big Horn. Short of getting a generic car lighter inverter are there better options?

Heck I just realized I only have 1 car lighter plug. RAM has the most awesome center storage console put didn't put another plug in it or on the back. :cautious: not cool

banditsc

Reaction score
Same here, would like the plug in the Bighorn. Wondering if it would be possible to get the module after the fact and install it.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Same here, would like the plug in the Bighorn. Wondering if it would be possible to get the module after the fact and install it.
The "unfortunate" newness of the Ram makes finding parts and the like dang near impossible. I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed a light.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I found other forumns, go-bys and part numbers for last gen...but that was 150W. Hopefully Ram/MOPAR site updates and makes info and parts more readily available soon

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have a single 110V outlet in my 2019 Big Horn
Hi Blazn, something is not right there... based on your sig block it appears you have already taken delivery of your 2019 BigHorn Ram in TX with Level 2 Equipment, is that right? According to the US brochure the BigHorn with Level 2 Equipment should have the 400W inverter, extra usb outlets, and 110v plugs front and rear.

63EE2BB2-55CD-4846-BF08-AAB9817B9C0E.jpeg

Let’s see if I can attach the US brochure spec sheet (note H2 means BigHorn Level 2 Equipment). Can anyone else confirm that BigHorns with Level 2 are arriving without a 400w inverter and 110v outlets? Something sounds wrong there, maybe your dealer missed some of your options.

My order is for a similar truck, so I hope it is treating you well otherwise!

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Hi Blazn, something is not right there... based on your sig block it appears you have already taken delivery of your 2019 BigHorn Ram in TX with Level 2 Equipment, is that right? According to the US brochure the BigHorn with Level 2 Equipment should have the 400W inverter, extra usb outlets, and 110v plugs front and rear (note H2 means BigHorn Level 2 Equipment).

My order is for a similar truck, so I hope it is treating you well otherwise!

Oh and how the plot thickens. I do have the level 2. I guess I can add this to my RamCares inquiry about why my truck came with 18s instead of 20s as well.

Other then this all my issues have been with the dealership. The truck itself has been an absolute joy.

I'm starting to see a trend of builds missing random items though. Seems like that can be a problem. Brochure says one thing and build site says another.

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm I'm the same boat. Bought a Big Horn, black appearance package with the level 2 equipment group. Went looking for my plug the other day and realized I don't have one.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm I'm the same boat. Bought a Big Horn, black appearance package with the level 2 equipment group. Went looking for my plug the other day and realized I don't have one.
It should not make a difference according to the brochure but which seats do you folks have, bench or console? I kept the bench to save money and for the 6th seating position. Expecting the USB and 110v outlets on mine, your experiences have me worried.

I wonder if any of our dealer friends here can shed light on the 2019 BigHorn builds, and USB/Inverter options.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should not make a difference according to the brochure but which seats do you folks have, bench or console? I kept the bench to save money and for the 6th seating position. Expecting the USB and 110v outlets on mine, your experiences have me worried.

I wonder if any of our dealer friends here can shed light on the 2019 BigHorn builds, and USB/Inverter options.
I've got the bucket seats and center console. The only thing I can think of is that my truck is the 25Z customer preferred package and 25Z level 2 equipment group. Maybe it is different and lacks a few things.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a laramie w/ level 1 equipment group and buckets seats. I have a electrical outlet just not positive on what watt it is

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a laramie w/ level 1 equipment group and buckets seats. I have a electrical outlet just not positive on what watt it is
Standard on all Laramies so you are good. EDIT: You should have one in front as well according to the brochure. Sounds like just the Level 2 Bighorns might be missing them?

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
You can check your full equipment list.

Mine lists 400W Inverter
Mine does not list it regardless of it saying level 2 equipment package :mad: it has the 12V outlet which is just the dash cigarette lighter plug but doesn't have the 115V in the console front or rear....#1stworldproblems

RAM 4times

Reaction score
this reminds me that when i picked up my ordered 03 ram 1500 sport i noticed that the auto dimming rear view mirror was missing even though it was listed as standard. my 97 had it. my dealer ended up putting one in even though they said it wasn't supposed to be listed as standard.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
this reminds me that when i picked up my ordered 03 ram 1500 sport i noticed that the auto dimming rear view mirror was missing even though it was listed as standard. my 97 had it. my dealer ended up putting one in even though they said it wasn't supposed to be listed as standard.
They could probably beef up their quality assurance program or put some fresh eyes on their process. I'm sure having to compensate customers with cash or work can be inconvenient. Especially since the dealerships would have to be the middleman for labor

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You should get what the brochure says you get when you decide to spend the extra money for optional items. I dislike but can stomach a “late availabilty” caveat since you at least know there’s a possibility you won’t get what you want, but to offer certain items in writing and then not deliver them? That’s just not right.

- 2019 Ram brochure says I will get a bed step if I spend up for the bed utility group.
- Says the Bighorn gets 115v outlets if I upgrade to Level 2.
- Says I get a bed extender if I throw in Ramboxes.

If I don’t get these things I’ve effectively been deceived into paying how much money?

Not sure how we as a community might most effectively get to the bottom of problems like this (Potentially all Level 2 Bighorns being shorted on power/connectivity options) but I am all ears for those of you with more experience wrestling with this corporation. Doesn’t seem to be a dealer problem if trucks aren’t being built to match the advertising materials!

Users who are viewing this thread