5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News on a tune?

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
as far as i remember , GDE guy told they expect soft in june/july this year

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
ok thats what GDE guy wrote yesterday : "Late summer or fall 2021. Same timeframe we have been working towards. Power/torque testing is done, we spend a lot more development on the fuel economy front. "

John Jensen

Reaction score
A few sites I visit you’re always stating how good SFT is. I’ve had their tune and it’s a joke their customer service is arrogant I’ve had Green Diesel Engineering tune and that’s a real tune and team.
I make positive posts regarding SFT because that's what I have experienced, simple as that. I'd be interested in why you say their tune is a joke. If "joke" merely describes your contacts with them so be it. But to say their tune is a joke needs some facts.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
8e64193ec2d8cb17aee1f5ffc622c753.jpg

Here’s response from Banks in their derringer tuner from the end of March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally the only tune I'd get is GDE. They have real OEM tuning experience and don't rush a tune to the market, they have been testing it in all conditions.

Daverous

Reaction score
Have the Mrtuning setup inbound as well. Should it arrive in time for a 1500 miles trip I have this coming Saturday I'll report back with impressions. So far ecodiesel owners Canada(Chris) have been good to deal with.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Have the Mrtuning setup inbound as well. Should it arrive in time for a 1500 miles trip I have this coming Saturday I'll report back with impressions. So far ecodiesel owners Canada(Chris) have been good to deal with.
Did you have to ship them your ecm for tuning?

Daverous

Reaction score
I bought a spare pcm and had the dealership program it. They're only bench flashing right now. Definitely adds to the cost but based on the 2nd gen stuff I figured it'll be a bit before the handheld tunes are a reality. Plus I like the idea of having a dedicated "tuned" pcm to avoid any reflash issues.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I bought a spare pcm and had the dealership program it. They're only bench flashing right now. Definitely adds to the cost but based on the 2nd gen stuff I figured it'll be a bit before the handheld tunes are a reality. Plus I like the idea of having a dedicated "tuned" pcm to avoid any reflash issues.
Where did you buy the pcm at? This is the route I would like to go once I'm out of warranty.

Daverous

Reaction score
They were running around 550 on the discount part stores. Checked ebay on the off chance someone already had a used one listed. No luck on used, but there was a seller out of California with them listed at 417 new for an oem Mopar part.

Reactions: c3k

EugeneYYZ

Reaction score
wait a sec. on their site only 14-18 engines . Do they have soft for new engine ?

Daverous

Reaction score
Yeah, 3rd gen is out. Emissions intact, egr off. Check ecodiesel owners Canada facebook for more details. It's updated more frequently.

Mine was held up by the local shipping depot or I'd have had it today. Looks like I'll miss having it for this next trip, but fingers are still crossed!

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ Yep and I've seen claims of 70 WHEEL horsepower increases. 330ish horsepower and I'm guessing 550ish lb/ft of torque at the crank then? That's a significant bump. I remember the early 2000s when the 5.9L Cummins HO motor first got to those levels and everybody thought it was the Holy Grail.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ Yep and I've seen claims of 70 WHEEL horsepower increases. 330ish horsepower and I'm guessing 550ish lb/ft of torque at the crank then? That's a significant bump. I remember the early 2000s when the 5.9L Cummins HO motor first got to those levels and everybody thought it was the Holy Grail.
If that's reliable power that would be awesome. Curious to see some real world reviews.

Daverous

Reaction score
Was really hoping to have that review for you guys by Monday, but we'll see. I know factory safety peramitors are kept. I asked specifically about that.

Also, looking more like 40whp and 65wtq from what I've seen. Which is still very impressive for an intact tune. I'm sure with the ts speed exhaust and a full delete the numbers would easily surpass that.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was really hoping to have that review for you guys by Monday, but we'll see. I know factory safety peramitors are kept. I asked specifically about that.

Also, looking more like 40whp and 65wtq from what I've seen. Which is still very impressive for an intact tune. I'm sure with the ts speed exhaust and a full delete the numbers would easily surpass that.
300hp and 540ish Ft.lbs sounds pretty sweet from our little Italian oil burners.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
where do we buy this at and. is it best i buy a seperate ecu ? for warranty purposes ?

Users who are viewing this thread