5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck - Several complaints. Help/Suggestions?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Show me how to vent my seats and leave them vented. Meaning if I turn my car off and then back on, the AC and vents will go back to where I previously had them or at least leave the seat vent/heated.
Your Heated seats/Steering wheel will come on when outside temps go below 45 Degrees. Your Air conditioned seats will come on anything above 75 Degrees outside I believe. Can stay on with the switch on dash low, med or high for heated seats or the other switch for cooled seats. There is also a small switch for steering wheel too. I always use the small switches never use the big screen.
*********Look at the switches at the bottom of the screen and you will see cooled and heated for seats and one for S. Wheel. Simply use those they will stay on until you turn them off after they come on automatically depending on Temp settings in your Uconnect settings. The only one that will not stay on is S Wheel.*******

Attachments

• 2022-ram-2500-backup-camera-screen-carbuzz-567859-1600.jpg
    2022-ram-2500-backup-camera-screen-carbuzz-567859-1600.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Airbearmd

Reaction score
I am a new RAM owner, bought a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited a few months back and have several minor complaints and was wondering if there are any workaround or solutions to the issues or features I dislike.

In no way am I trying to say I hate the truck, but I am hoping for some type of feedback and suggestions that may limit my frustrations on my 60k+ truck.
  1. AutoLock – The car doesn't autolock upon walking away. My old Honda would do this, and I often forget if I manually locked the car even after leaving it for long trips. It does unlock automatically, just won't lock. Caring my baby or large items makes it difficult to walk between tight spaces to press the door lock or pull out the keys from my pocket
  2. Steering Wheel Media Controls - The controls are terrible. For example - for basic radio, the left back arrows only allow you to seek to the next/previous stations. If you want to cycle through your favorites, you have to click the middle button, with no way to go backwards. If you have 10+ saved FM stations, it's a pain. Why would I ever use the arrows to seek random FM stations that are not saved. The Up and Down arrows are pointless. It's difficult, slow, and laggy using the screen to navigate to media to find a station and dangerous.
  3. Side Mirrors – The side mirrors, although powered, only close or open if you press a button on the driver side of the door. They don't automatically close/open on lock or no fob detection. With how big the truck and how long the mirrors are, this should be a basic feature.
  4. 12-inch screen – The screen is nice, however, pretty useless. When I bought it, I expected to use the whole thing, but unfortunately the full screen only works with Apple Car Play. Android is half the screen. The truck navigation however is full screen, but my addresses are stored on phone, waze, and Contacts, making it pointless to use the truck navigation with its outdated maps. Its sluggish too.
  5. Wireless Charger – The slot for the wireless charger is way too tight. If you have a phone with a case, it's extremely tight. If you have any type of foldable/flip phone, it will not fit. I store my phone in the cup holders....
  6. USB Slots - All the USB slots are outdated and have slow performance. Even the USB C ports do not support fast charging. The only way to have fast charging is to use a wall adapter which is located underneath the drink holder, which may encounter leakage from spills on the drink holder. I guess you can use the 12V that's located on the top middle dash. No idea how that would work without a cord hanging down the middle/side of the screen.
  7. Ventilated and Heated Seats / AC - The ventilated seats are nice, but they do not stay on. Meaning, if I turn on the ventilated seats – drive to the store – and come back in my truck, the ventilated seats are no longer on. They turn off upon engine off. The only way to turn them back on is to go through the sluggish 12-inch screen. There's no button and it makes just get in my truck a hassle. Takes 10 seconds to go to media for the FM radio station, 10+ seconds for AC, etc..... My old trucks would stay on until I turn them off. This may also apply to all the AC, but I haven't tested it. On hot days, running errands I just want to walk away from my truck. Its just me being glued to the screen re-applying setting and not being focused on life.
  8. The windshield wipers only have (2) speeds, slow and fast. They do have a turn gauge on the left of the wheel that will make them faster if they are set to auto turn on, but other than that, all those speeds are worthless because you will never see it unless the truck automatically turns it on. Basically, you must leave it to auto and hope the truck puts it at the correct speed.
  9. Auto Stop – I'm still getting the hang of this one. The RAM feels great with Auto/Stop, and I've learned to live with it, however, because of the hot weather, the engine with turn off at the light and literally 5 seconds later it turns back on because the car isn't 72 or whatever it is set at. I wonder if I'm actually eating more gas having the engine start back up while I'm still stopped. Its very rare that I'm at a light and the engine doesn't start without me letting go of the break. The truck also slowly creeps up each time too even with my foot on the break. Hopefully the truck doesn't hit the car in front of me one day..
  10. Air Suspension - I wish I didn't have this. The truck is automatically lowering even without driving or turned on. When I open my tailgate I can hear the car lowering each time without even opening the truck doors. The amount of times I'm putting **** in my truck with it off and hearing it is driving me crazy. I leave it at the normal height, and I went through all the settings to disable lower entry and what not. Hopefully it doesn't wear down overtime.
  11. RAM Box - Love the RAM boxes, however, for those who get it, keep in mind it leaves gaps and openings throughout the bed and tailgate making the bed not waterproof even with a cover. I can care less, but your stuff with get wet or dusty if at the desert or something. I have bought some weatherstripping that helps but far from perfect.

There's a few more that I can't seem to remember, but when they come to me, I'll add them for future users and buyers.
I have a 2018 Limited with the 12" screen. I went through some of the same complaints until I discovered the numerous settings that you can change/control. My software was updated at least a dozen times which cleared up several issues, but mine was the first year for the 12" screen. My mirrors never auto stowed, and there is no setting for that. I hate Auto Stop and disabled it in the settings. The wind shield washers seem to use the appropriate speed on the auto setting and I have not had a problem with it. The ventilated and heated seat feature on mine is instantaneous, but you do need to turn them back on after shut down. The heated seat and steering wheel for the driver auto activates when temp is around 35 f. The doors should auto lock when the fob is not detected, but again this is a setting that you can change. I am sure that they have made changes in 4 years to some of these, and sometimes the changes are not for the better.

I purchased the extended 5 year warranty last year from Chrysler that is bumper to bumper. It was pricey, but once I checked some of the known problems such as air conditioning compressors and a sensors, and looked at the prices to fix them, it was an easy decision. This thing is as expensive as our BMW! It appears all I am going to get out of the stock tires is 30K miles, which is a little disappointing, Most of my driving is local and in sand at the beach. I live in Bethany Beach, DE.

I absolutely love this truck, even with all of its little quirky problems. It is definitely the most comfortable and well appointed truck out there!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Limited with the 12" screen. I went through some of the same complaints until I discovered the numerous settings that you can change/control. My software was updated at least a dozen times which cleared up several issues, but mine was the first year for the 12" screen. My mirrors never auto stowed, and there is no setting for that. I hate Auto Stop and disabled it in the settings. The wind shield washers seem to use the appropriate speed on the auto setting and I have not had a problem with it. The ventilated and heated seat feature on mine is instantaneous, but you do need to turn them back on after shut down. The heated seat and steering wheel for the driver auto activates when temp is around 35 f. The doors should auto lock when the fob is not detected, but again this is a setting that you can change. I am sure that they have made changes in 4 years to some of these, and sometimes the changes are not for the better.

I purchased the extended 5 year warranty last year from Chrysler that is bumper to bumper. It was pricey, but once I checked some of the known problems such as air conditioning compressors and a sensors, and looked at the prices to fix them, it was an easy decision. This thing is as expensive as our BMW! It appears all I am going to get out of the stock tires is 30K miles, which is a little disappointing, Most of my driving is local and in sand at the beach. I live in Bethany Beach, DE.

I absolutely love this truck, even with all of its little quirky problems. It is definitely the most comfortable and well appointed truck out there!
There is no auto-lock feature in the Rams for when keyfob isn't detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/