5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sequential Turn Signals For Our Mirrors(Sorry Tow Mirror Guys, Not You..lol)

LarryK1500

Reaction score

At the 3:00 mark of the above video, they start a discussion of how to remove the mirror.
This is what you are trying to accomplish:
mirror2.jpg mirror3.jpg mirror4.jpg
The green arrows ( 4 in all) point to a locating tab on the mirror adjust motor. The red arrows (8 total) point to the locking tabs on the mirror itself.
If I have to remove the glass again (and I hope I never have to), I will use the 4" suction cup to put negative pressure on the glass while going in from the top with a screwdriver to release the locking tabs. It seems to me that the upper right tabs (upper left from the outside of the glass) would be the easiest to access, so I would start there.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Its a good time...

I, as well as some others, would greatly appreciate the video. Without seeing someone do it I'm hesitant to pull the plug on the lights. I bought the tint from LUX for them but it doesn't install great because of the way the edges of the lights go.

I applied mine wet and then with a hair dryer, I got the Luxe tint to adhere to all of the little nooks and crannies on the blinker lens.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Dead battery today. Anyone else have that issue post install? Haven’t seen the lights running or anything to kill it but that’s the only thing I have done different. 22k miles on it. So odd. Hoping the dealership will swap the battery under warranty tomorrow.
Super weird, I haven’t had any issues post install

raygun9

Reaction score
I applied mine wet and then with a hair dryer, I got the Luxe tint to adhere to all of the little nooks and crannies on the blinker lens.
Thanks! I will give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dead battery today. Anyone else have that issue post install? Haven’t seen the lights running or anything to kill it but that’s the only thing I have done different. 22k miles on it. So odd. Hoping the dealership will swap the battery under warranty tomorrow.
Zero issues with mine since install.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

At the 3:00 mark of the above video, they start a discussion of how to remove the mirror.
This is what you are trying to accomplish:
View attachment 146414 View attachment 146415 View attachment 146416
The green arrows ( 4 in all) point to a locating tab on the mirror adjust motor. The red arrows (8 total) point to the locking tabs on the mirror itself.
If I have to remove the glass again (and I hope I never have to), I will use the 4" suction cup to put negative pressure on the glass while going in from the top with a screwdriver to release the locking tabs. It seems to me that the upper right tabs (upper left from the outside of the glass) would be the easiest to access, so I would start there.
You don't use the screwdriver to "release" the tabs. You just put the tip of the screwdriver about where the point of you green rows are and pry out. They will pop off easily

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I really want to pull the trigger on a set of these but am stalled out on deciding what will look better on the chrome mirrors, clear like OEM or smoked?
All the pics seem to be of black or body color mirrors, not chrome.

Edit, Found this example which has me leaning towards staying with clear...but smoked looks good too.....

61AS0hEZH7L.jpg

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
I really want to pull the trigger on a set of these but am stalled out on deciding what will look better on the chrome mirrors, clear like OEM or smoked?
I think clear. No need for something darkened on bright chrome.

CaliRebel

Reaction score

Edit, Found this example which has me leaning towards staying with clear...but smoked looks good too.....

View attachment 146423
Definitely clear lenses w/ chrome mirrors without a doubt.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 146423
The last set I installed were the clear lenses with chrome caps. No pics though

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
FYI.... for those interested. I found these lights brand new on ebay for $45. They ship from china so who knows when they'll arrive but since they're made there I wouldn't expect anything less. I haven't bought them yet but the pictures on ebay are the same pictures in the amazon link someone posted previously in this thread 1000000828.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
FYI.... for those interested. I found these lights brand new on ebay for $45. They ship from china so who knows when they'll arrive but since they're made there I wouldn't expect anything less. I haven't bought them yet but the pictures on ebay are the same pictures in the amazon link someone posted previously in this thread View attachment 146445
I wonder if they only give you 1, or both sides. It says $42.99/ea lol

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone posted a video in another thread of using the suction cup. My only concern with the suction cup is it causes a risk of ripping the wires off the mirror and damaging the harness.
Put a rubber band around mirror on each side of suction cup. The bands will prevent mirror glass from coming too far out.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Reaction score
I was able to knock this out this morning. I originally ordered a different light and the connector didn’t wouldn’t seat fully preventing the light from working. I then ordered the one linked here and it works great! Thanks for the tip on this modification. I like the blacked-out look when they aren’t in use and the fact that they are in perfect sink with my Morimoto headlight sequential turn signals.

The only area for improvement I can think of is for them to be a little brighter.

I am very happy with them. I found the best way to get the mirror off is to use a suction cup tool and a screw driver to pry the mirror out. Supper easy job. 30 mins start to finish, only because I took my time.

Looks good(y), I wondered if there would be issues or out of sync with the Morimoto sequential but it is right on

Off topic, did you have to mess around with the adjuster screws on the Morimoto's? I'm in full pucker mode, the left/right adjuster is buried in the fender and I can't tell how many turns I've completed. The warning label by the screw says no more than 3 full turns in either direction or the mechanism will fail

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Looks good(y), I wondered if there would be issues or out of sync with the Morimoto sequential but it is right on

Off topic, did you have to mess around with the adjuster screws on the Morimoto's? I'm in full pucker mode, the left/right adjuster is buried in the fender and I can't tell how many turns I've completed. The warning label by the screw says no more than 3 full turns in either direction or the mechanism will fail
Thanks for the kind words. I was wondering that too, I’m glad they are in sync. I didn’t have to adjust left/right, but I did up/down a little.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I cranked on the adjuster screws again, 3 full turns would point to the sky so that was worry for nothing.

Now that the headlights and mirrors are sequential, what about tail lights?

CaliRebel

Reaction score
I cranked on the adjuster screws again, 3 full turns would point to the sky so that was worry for nothing.

Now that the headlights and mirrors are sequential, what about tail lights?
American Trucks, GoRecon, and Morimoto has some available.
However the aftermarket tail lights available at this time are only compatible with trucks that have the halogen tail lights.
If you replace the factory LED's, you'll lose your blindspot function as the sensors are built into the tail lights.

Users who are viewing this thread