5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sequential Turn Signals For Our Mirrors(Sorry Tow Mirror Guys, Not You..lol)

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
This adds the turn signal in the mirrors or just replaces the current lights with sequential LEDs?

I just checked my 2020 limited and my turn signals or hazards don't these on, I never noticed before if there was any lights to begin with.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
This adds the turn signal in the mirrors or just replaces the current lights with sequential LEDs?

I just checked my 2020 limited and my turn signals or hazards don't these on, I never noticed before if there was any lights to begin with.
These replace the OEM lights in your mirrors. If you dont have any, sounds like you may have tow mirrors.

LarryK1500

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing mine today. Went pretty smooth - until I went to put the passenger mirror glass back in and noticed it was cracked! The adjuster just clicks so it must be jammed somehow. I will figure it out when I get the new glass, and get into a heated garage!
Got the new mirror glass today, and tore apart the mirror assembly to figure out why the adjuster quit working. mirror motor.jpg
I found that the inner sphere (red arrow) had popped out beyond the guide tabs (purple arrow) and wasn't allowing the inner sphere to move. I removed the retaining ring (green arrow) and pried the inner sphere back to it's proper location. The new glass is now installed and all is well.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
These replace the OEM lights in your mirrors. If you dont have any, sounds like you may have tow mirrors.
They are power folding and have the clear lens but I can't get any lights to turn on. How would I check if they are towing mirrors or not?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They are power folding and have the clear lens but I can't get any lights to turn on. How would I check if they are towing mirrors or not?
If they are the normal mirrors, hit your hazard light button and they should flash. If they don't, I'd say a trip to dealer is in order to get them working before replacing them with aftermarket parts

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think i'm going to buy these.
But I feel like i'm going to break the glass.
Looks like the replacement glass is $145 each as both sides are auto-dimming.

Each video showing an install the person breaks the glass, then tries to tell you a way to do it without breaking it LOL.

I tech where you need to take off glass to get inside of something, so silly.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Each video showing an install the person breaks the glass, then tries to tell you a way to do it without breaking it LOL.

The video I linked in first page shows how to pop them off with a screwdriver without breaking them. They did break the passenger side their first time, but explain why, and how to prevent it

titan3636

Reaction score

That was my concern as well but I took the 4” suction cup and pulled straight out with some force and they popped right off. I woundnt try messing with screw drivers to get to the clips. That seems the be the way people break the glass trying to pry them out at an angle and not using even force with the suction cup across the face if the mirror. Was a very easy mod that took about 30 mins total.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That was my concern as well but I took the 4” suction cup and pulled straight out with some force and they popped right off. I woundnt try messing with screw drivers to get to the clips. That seems the be the way people break the glass trying to pry them out at an angle and not using even force with the suction cup across the face if the mirror. Was a very easy mod that took about 30 mins total.
Should I order a 4 inch or 5 inch suction cup?
Looks like I would center it on the glass, maybe slightly down from middle to line up with the plastic circle on the back I assume.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4" suction cup on the center of the mirror and pulled right out with some force
i have a 2019 ram and brother just bought his a few months ago(2022).he wants to do the same.he says he has a old suction cup like you have from harbor freight.we will be doing it in the spring.we live in NY :cry: so it's to cold..but thanks very much(y)😍

Attachments

• 20221001_184535_InPixio.jpg
    20221001_184535_InPixio.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 55

raygun9

Reaction score
i have a 2019 ram and brother just bought his a few months ago(2022).he wants to do the same.he says he has a old suction cup like you have from harbor freight.we will be doing it in the spring.we live in NY :cry: so it's to cold..but thanks very much(y)😍
You should record a video of popping off the glass for us all. I live in MA so.. I'm waiting till spring like you guys.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should record a video of popping off the glass for us all. I live in MA so.. I'm waiting till spring like you guys.
you know i was seriously considering that :unsure: since there will be 2of us doing our truck(my brother and i)..and no one has done it yet..🤔...Oh P.s i was station in mass when i was in the navy😉

raygun9

Reaction score
you know i was seriously considering that :unsure: since there will be 2of us doing our truck(my brother and i)..and no one has done it yet..🤔...Oh P.s i was station in mass when i was in the navy😉
Its a good time...

I, as well as some others, would greatly appreciate the video. Without seeing someone do it I'm hesitant to pull the plug on the lights. I bought the tint from LUX for them but it doesn't install great because of the way the edges of the lights go.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Its a good time...

I, as well as some others, would greatly appreciate the video. Without seeing someone do it I'm hesitant to pull the plug on the lights. I bought the tint from LUX for them but it doesn't install great because of the way the edges of the lights go.
Someone posted a video in another thread of using the suction cup. My only concern with the suction cup is it causes a risk of ripping the wires off the mirror and damaging the harness.

titan3636

Reaction score
Dead battery today. Anyone else have that issue post install? Haven’t seen the lights running or anything to kill it but that’s the only thing I have done different. 22k miles on it. So odd. Hoping the dealership will swap the battery under warranty tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread