5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sequential Turn Signals For Our Mirrors(Sorry Tow Mirror Guys, Not You..lol)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I gota say i'm not a complete fan of these.
They are nice and blacked out, but the 2 led strips on top and bottom are not very bright, and the big space in the middle kind of looks weird.

I got a new one that is a "solid" led and I think looks better when I lit it up before I go to install it tomorrow or Tuesday.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are nice and blacked out, but the 2 led strips on top and bottom are not very bright, and the big space in the middle kind of looks weird.

I got a new one that is a "solid" led and I think looks better when I lit it up before I go to install it tomorrow or Tuesday.
You'll have to give us pics and links.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I mean, they are smoked lenses. Not going to be super bright

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update, stupid plug didn't fit, no contact with leads. The problem is they connectors are not wide enough, and don't make contact with the truck's plug.
Of course there was no way to know without taking off the glass again, and everytime I do it I am scared i'm going to brake it.
This time the driver side came off easy and the passenger side was harder.

2023-02-13 16.51.57.jpg 2023-02-13 16.52.06.jpg

This is what I ordered.
It looks better in person when I fired it up on my workbench

Unfortunately I couldn't find any Amazon reviews because the idiots feel the need to merge all the listings for differnet trucks together or else i'm sure someone would of commented that they don't fit.
I guess I should of seared harder.
1676326374383.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update, stupid plug didn't fit, no contact with leads. The problem is they connectors are not wide enough, and don't make contact with the truck's plug.
Of course there was no way to know without taking off the glass again, and everytime I do it I am scared i'm going to brake it.
This time the driver side came off easy and the passenger side was harder.

View attachment 151652 View attachment 151653

This is what I ordered.
It looks better in person when I fired it up on my workbench

Unfortunately I couldn't find any Amazon reviews because the idiots feel the need to merge all the listings for differnet trucks together or else i'm sure someone would of commented that they don't fit.
I guess I should of seared harder.
View attachment 151654
Why you always test before putting everything back together

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
????? What are you talking about?
I knew it didn't work as soon as I tried to install it. I still needed to take it all apart to even test fit the plug...
The way you worded it made it sound like you didn't realize what the problem was until you took it back apart.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just a quick question..could you cut the end of your stock plug and replace the one on your new LED :unsure:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
just a quick question..could you cut the end of your stock plug and replace the one on your new LED :unsure:
I would need a plug that would properly seat into the new led.
Its a sealed unit with no way to get into it or else I could change the pins or whatever.
It appears at a glance it's the same thing, but pins are smaller and it doesn't latch. Not sure what it was made for as it's really close. Maybe the older Dodge pickups used a connector like this?

I have spare plugs but nothing this exact size. I reached out to the seller just waiting for a response. I think I can find another the same style but I dread to keep taking apart my mirror, one of these times I'm going to break it and poof $350.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would need a plug that would properly seat into the new led.
Its a sealed unit with no way to get into it or else I could change the pins or whatever.
It appears at a glance it's the same thing, but pins are smaller and it doesn't latch. Not sure what it was made for as it's really close. Maybe the older Dodge pickups used a connector like this?

I have spare plugs but nothing this exact size. I reached out to the seller just waiting for a response. I think I can find another the same style but I dread to keep taking apart my mirror, one of these times I'm going to break it and poof $350.
well what i mean is cut that plug off your new "LED"and splice your stock end to replace what there now.just cut it off,solder and skrink wrap now it will fit into the mirror :unsure:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
well what i mean is cut that plug off your new "LED"and splice your stock end to replace what there now.just cut it off,solder and skrink wrap now it will fit into the mirror :unsure:
Sorry I don't think I was clear enough. The second aftermarket one (and stock) don't have a plug but an outlet.
There is nothing to cut off, as the plug is on the trucks end, and I don't have a connector I can solder the existing wires into, to secure into the outlet of the new light.

OEM (see the green led board).
2023-02-14 15.27.01.jpg

Aftermarket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8NLV7C8

2023-02-14 15.25.23.jpg 2023-02-14 15.26.27.jpg 2023-02-14 15.26.38.jpg

This is the plug on the truck
2023-02-13 16.51.41.jpg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I don't think I was clear enough. The second aftermarket one (and stock) don't have a plug but an outlet.
There is nothing to cut off, as the plug is on the trucks end, and I don't have a connector I can solder the existing wires into, to secure into the outlet of the new light.

View attachment 151732

View attachment 151733 View attachment 151734 View attachment 151735

View attachment 151736
oh i see...sorry i dont have one yet .just trying to find out much info as i can before i order my in the spring (y)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 151732

View attachment 151733 View attachment 151734 View attachment 151735

View attachment 151736
I purposely avoided the ones with integrated plug like that.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. Once I realized I should pull down and not just straight out I got my mirrors off with a dent puller and a wide trim removal tool pretty easy.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait till you find about the prochargers LOL
Jesus I just looked at this as I was curious and I want to know if anyone on this forum has actually spent the money and installed themselves??? And for $10,000 🤑 give me some of y’all’s money please!! Lol would be BA though so if anyone needs a loner vehicle I’m available.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jesus I just looked at this as I was curious and I want to know if anyone on this forum has actually spent the money and installed themselves??? And for $10,000 🤑 give me some of y’all’s money please!! Lol would be BA though so if anyone needs a diner vehicle I’m available.
For $10k, I wound go turbo over supercharger

Users who are viewing this thread