5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW RADIO / CLIMATE KNOBS

d21arren

Reaction score
If you are old enough to remember the late 70s and early 80s inflation than you are making a good move. Time will tell how much of a bargain you received by purchasing today. Hell - I wish I had purchased the lumber to build another shed back in the fall, 3/4" plywood went from $50 to $80, OUCH.
Agreed, I am in the structural steel construction sales world and the price of steel is just about as volatile as lumber is at this point. Crazy times going on right now and it does not appear to be slowing down.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed, I am in the structural steel construction sales world and the price of steel is just about as volatile as lumber is at this point. Crazy times going on right now and it does not appear to be slowing down.
Thanks for the info, but I'm sorry to hear it is the same for steel. 60% increase in price in less than 6 months for the 3/4 ply, someone has a few more dollars in their pocket.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rolls of sheet metal have doubled.
I sell air distribution products, and we are getting price increases almost daily from the manufacturers we represent. Spiral duct just went up 18% and will be another 18% in a few months.

And there's no end in sight.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sell air distribution products, and we are getting price increases almost daily from the manufacturers we represent. Spiral duct just went up 18% and will be another 18% in a few months.

Can the manufacturer give a reasonable explanation to the price increase? My questioning with 3/4" plywood at Home Depot would not amount to much.
Some info on gas prices (for what it's worth), wish I had better insight and answers. But than I would probably be on a Leer Jet forum.

Doc33

Reaction score

As I work for major steel producer we can barely keep up with orders. Our costs for raw materials etc have gone up as well...trickle down effect.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can the manufacturer give a reasonable explanation to the price increase? My questioning with 3/4" plywood at Home Depot would not amount to much.
Some info on gas prices (for what it's worth), wish I had better insight and answers. But than I would probably be on a Leer Jet forum.

Worldwide material shortages. Supply and demand.

The mill I buy lumber from sent this out last month:
In an effort to keep our customer base informed during extremely volatile market conditions, we will periodically send updates with information regarding price increases, availability issues etc. As we are all well aware, there are significant shortages in the market and correlating price increases are common.

The reasons for this are myriad, but the underlying theme is consistently supply chain disruption. On the import side the disruptions range from reduced wood fiber availability globally, reduced production capacity as a result of Covid related downsizing to insufficient container availability and disrupted shipping corridors. These are coupled with a surging global demand for wood products (plywood, lumber) as markets emerge from Covid stagnation. Shipping corridors are severely out of balance with regard to container availability and ocean freight rates have skyrocketed as a result. The cost to ship a container from Indonesia, for instance, has more than tripled over the course of this year so far and continues to climb. Many importers have plywood and lumber purchased overseas, but are not able to get it shipped due to these disruptions. The major ports of call in the US for wood products shipping from Asia have backlogs that require vessels to wait weeks, in some cases, to get unloaded. All these issues combine to make extremely long lead times that cause shortages and complete outages on some imported plywood items.

Domestic hardwoods and plywood continue to see unprecedented pressure on a diminished supply line leading to cost increases and protracted lead times. Many hardwood lumber and plywood mills are taking orders with long lead times on a “price time of shipment” basis, which leads to a great deal of uncertainty and upward surge in pricing. Distributors are buying on the premise that they must have product to sell and are simply at the mercy of current market conditions. Some hardwood plywood mills are allocating production at this time causing distributors to scramble to cover supply elsewhere which only causes more chaos in the marketplace.

As volatile as the hardwood lumber and plywood market has been, it’s minor compared to some of the disruptions and price increases noted in softwood lumber and plywood, including framing and sheathing material. MDF mills have order files out into mid-summer and large scale stock outs are expected on certain thicknesses.

As much as we’d like to think the market will settle down sooner than later, all indicators are that this is going to be a protracted issue and markets will remain unstable and volatile for the next few months at a minimum. This situation is a cumulative effect of global production and shipping disruption that evolved over the course of more than a year and will take time to correct itself.

BlckDT

Reaction score
The look is complete. 8.4” bezel. Have had the shift knob since it’s initial release. It all comes together very nicely.

b202a4622a05f1d79246daf81911c53d.jpg

445219eece7898c473e9e0192bd9a099.jpg

--||VDRSRYD||---

Gipraw

Reaction score
I ordered my radio and climate knobs today. I was on the fence but the wife liked the shifter knob so much it convinced me to order the rest. Website said back ordered until 7/31, but hoping they get here quicker.

I love the shift knob.

F662012D-46A9-414F-AD58-164CF242FF5B.jpeg

DDC43AF3-B6BC-4B8A-92C6-EF53C5C38422.jpeg

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How do they mount on? do they just slide over existing knob?
The gear selector requires removal...very simple and then the new one just screws on in its place. The radio/climate knobs slide right over the existing ones and are held on by allen screws on the sides of the knobs. Very simple and straight forward.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
The gear selector requires removal...very simple and then the new one just screws on in its place. The radio/climate knobs slide right over the existing ones and are held on by allen screws on the sides of the knobs. Very simple and straight forward.
I watched the installation video, looks really simple. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

d21arren

Reaction score
Has anyone received notice of shipment on the radio knobs? I ordered mine on 05-25-2021. If shipment was going to occur on 07-31-21 due to backorder, I would think some of the early orders would start coming out.

LuvGun

Reaction score
Has anyone received notice of shipment on the radio knobs? I ordered mine on 05-25-2021. If shipment was going to occur on 07-31-21 due to backorder, I would think some of the early orders would start coming out.
Says delivery by 7/31 on the site. I ordered 6/29, haven't heard anything about shipment yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/