5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New icon appeared. Shopping, games, geocaching

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ok update:
i said mine icon goes away after playing with the contents.
i was wrong: it came back today.

here's what happened:
i drove the truck last tuesday to work and noticed the icon. Tapped it and went to see what's that about. Parked the truck at work for a whole day till 5PM. Icon didn't return. Parked the truck for 6 hours before i drove it agian, still nothing. Left the truck for the remainder of the week and took my sports sedan to work daily.

Today, icon came back after 6 days of not driving.

oh wells, at least i know they're still updating and messing with UC5 instead of just leaving it and move on to something like UC6 lol.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Mine goes away after i tap it but comes back when I restart my truck.
Tom

Dewey

Reaction score
Don’t think we should be shopping, playing games or geocaching while driving. Sounds like a safety issue. Think Stellantis needs to be reported to the NHTSA.😬

RamCares

Reaction score
yeah same here. Very annoying and ugly button thrown at the top of my screen that keeps coming back after a restart. Who to complain to? @RamCares
We're more than willing to document any grievances our customers are experiencing. Just reach out to us with details of your concern, and we will ensure that it reaches the correct department for a comprehensive review.

Chris,
Ram Cares

jackedin

Reaction score
We're more than willing to document any grievances our customers are experiencing. Just reach out to us with details of your concern, and we will ensure that it reaches the correct department for a comprehensive review.

Chris,
Ram Cares
We don't want advertising on our truck's infotainment screen, PERIOD !

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Chris,
Ram Cares
I think based on the responses in this thread, the consensus is obvious - this crap should not be showing up every time we start our trucks. Whoever pushed this out needs to reverse course.

skyhawk42

Reaction score

Chris,
Ram Cares
I think ram has lost focus on this for sure. Nobody like adds, especially when we already paid a fortune for these trucks. Spend the time on fixing known issues instead of adding nonsense. Ford and Subaru have an app that is given for free that locks/unlocks/remote starts for free, ram gives you a 3 month trial then charges every month. Those companies are add free, ram gives you ads instead and to top it off these trucks are more expensive than the competitors. Stelantis needs to start focusing before they lose their customers. 1st they take away the hemi and now this? There is lots of talk that doesn’t reach ram or the forums, but lately it hasn’t been positive

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford and Subaru have an app that is given for free that locks/unlocks/remote starts for free, ram gives you a 3 month trial then charges every month.

Ford and Subaru gives you nothing for free. They just force you to pay for it in the base price of the vehicle whether you want it or not.

boogielander

Reaction score
I think ram has lost focus on this for sure. Nobody like adds, especially when we already paid a fortune for these trucks. Spend the time on fixing known issues instead of adding nonsense. Ford and Subaru have an app that is given for free that locks/unlocks/remote starts for free, ram gives you a 3 month trial then charges every month. Those companies are add free, ram gives you ads instead and to top it off these trucks are more expensive than the competitors. Stelantis needs to start focusing before they lose their customers. 1st they take away the hemi and now this? There is lots of talk that doesn’t reach ram or the forums, but lately it hasn’t been positive
ford makes its money back selling engines that got cam phaser issues and trucks built by design teams that don't speak with each other.
subaru makes its money back by selling engines with head gaskets that will blow up and junk CVTs.

BUT, one thing Ford did right is keeping the V8... like I get it, the I-6TT are faster and stuff, but nothing beats long term reliability of NA engines. I don't care about how fast it can go. All I care (and im sure many people also) is how long the engine will last. I just hope Ram keeps the hemi alive in the HD lineup longer than Ford does.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Chris,
Ram Cares

We've been complaining about the reverse camera making the screens FULL BRIGHT at night and blinding the driver for years now.

Crickets.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Sure every company builds things into the price. I’m just using those 2 as examples of companies that do their research and give something the customer desires and try to offer that rather than push ads. All manufacturers have their own issues, we can make quite a list of our own here. My point wasn’t to say they are better by any means(we don’t drive either in my house). I know people with these and those tend to be the things they brag about having for “free”. I’ve never heard of them complain about something like uconnect issues or ads popping up in their cars.

Users who are viewing this thread