5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

Rock32

Reaction score
If your system had to reset, that stuff should show up in a few hours on it's own. This is similar to if you pull you battery cable for a few minutes--the software has re-download. You might hold off on the dealership for a bit just to see.
I did give the dealership a call just for some input. The tech told me the severe thunderstorms that went through last night may have affected the download. Told me to give it time or try a battery disconnect and let it reload. At least everything is still under warranty. Hopefully when I get back to my truck after work, it will be all good to go.

Thanks for the advice

Reactions: MJP

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did give the dealership a call just for some input. The tech told me the severe thunderstorms that went through last night may have affected the download. Told me to give it time or try a battery disconnect and let it reload. At least everything is still under warranty. Hopefully when I get back to my truck after work, it will be all good to go.

Thanks for the advice

That's the worst tech answer I've ever heard. They clearly don't understand how updates work. Yes, the storm could have impacted the download, but updates are checked for integrity before being installed. So if the storm caused a download problem, it would have discarded it and downloaded again to get a solid copy. Then it would install.

If you have the update installed and problems, a glitch in the download would not be a possible reason for it. The most probable reason for your issue is that the RAM uses a self-discovery network for modules and components. The update wiped the registry so all of the parts have to re-introduce themselves over the network which takes time. You can search here but many threads describe the real world impact of this approach either by an update, or a battery disconnect. Starting/stopping a few times and waiting several hours allows the modules to all identify and work properly again.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's the worst tech answer I've ever heard. They clearly don't understand how updates work. Yes, the storm could have impacted the download, but updates are checked for integrity before being installed. So if the storm caused a download problem, it would have discarded it and downloaded again to get a solid copy. Then it would install.

If you have the update installed and problems, a glitch in the download would not be a possible reason for it. The most probable reason for your issue is that the RAM uses a self-discovery network for modules and components. The update wiped the registry so all of the parts have to re-introduce themselves over the network which takes time. You can search here but many threads describe the real world impact of this approach either by an update, or a battery disconnect. Starting/stopping a few times and waiting several hours allows the modules to all identify and work properly again.

Just to piggy back. This is especially true when dealing with a wireless(LTE) network. You would never do anything before the file was downloaded and confirmed valid before running an update.

reb0957

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to plug in AA. Still creates a ten second lag in channel changes. Haven't had any long phone calls for BT drops.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kretsebr

Reaction score
My 19 limited did the update last night. Got in truck to go to work this morning, noticed screen outlines were in red and all my settings on SiriusXM were gone. All options were gone, including heated/vented seats, steering wheel, dimming mirrors, cameras. Climate would only change fan speed; could not adjust temperature. Would not open settings. Everything worked great prior to the update. Only 2k miles on it. Looks like I'll be calling the dealership as soon as they open. Not happy.
Its sounds like my truck went thru a OTA update with no notification. I posted this comment to the Interior Folder of what happen this morning....
Driving into work this morning the Heated seat and steering wheel were automatic on with the outdoor temp at 39F degrees…. I went to turn them off and the touch screen would not operate, first time this happen, owning the truck since Aug 2018. No touch functions on the screen worked, but the hard buttons and knobs worked for radio and climate. GREAT! NO!! not really, I could not turn the damn seat and steering wheel heater off…. NO HARD BUTTONS FOR THEM, …. BAD.. BAD design FCA….. Anyways I pulled over alongside the road and shut the truck off and re-started, as the IT support wife would tell her workers having computer issues to try…. Well that did not work. I needed to get to work, so I drove another 10 miles, until I could not stand the HOT *** and burning hands anymore, so I pulled over again, shutting down the truck, plus getting out to cool my backside down, 5mins later, hooped back in started truck and everything worked, touch screen is fully functional.
12” Touch screen vs. hard buttons….. Would you not think having another way of shutting off the heaters to be safe, so maybe not starting a fire within the truck, due to the inability of the touch screen failing.

Neokane

Reaction score
Drove over 3 hours today, and no N0GL update..

Jan build. Iowa

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@RamCares - any idea why some people are being left in the dust? It seems like older hardware and versions aren't getting the update. I know it's early but some information would help.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
With all the different subject matters in the 4 areas of the UConnect forum I don’t think I’ve ever seen @RamCares respond to anything...... Maybe they should start a @ UConnectCares

dahknee

Reaction score
Its sounds like my truck went thru a OTA update with no notification. I posted this comment to the Interior Folder of what happen this morning....
Driving into work this morning the Heated seat and steering wheel were automatic on with the outdoor temp at 39F degrees…. I went to turn them off and the touch screen would not operate, first time this happen, owning the truck since Aug 2018. No touch functions on the screen worked, but the hard buttons and knobs worked for radio and climate. GREAT! NO!! not really, I could not turn the damn seat and steering wheel heater off…. NO HARD BUTTONS FOR THEM, …. BAD.. BAD design FCA….. Anyways I pulled over alongside the road and shut the truck off and re-started, as the IT support wife would tell her workers having computer issues to try…. Well that did not work. I needed to get to work, so I drove another 10 miles, until I could not stand the HOT *** and burning hands anymore, so I pulled over again, shutting down the truck, plus getting out to cool my backside down, 5mins later, hooped back in started truck and everything worked, touch screen is fully functional.
12” Touch screen vs. hard buttons….. Would you not think having another way of shutting off the heaters to be safe, so maybe not starting a fire within the truck, due to the inability of the touch screen failing.
Do you now have online searches? Also did your version # change? This weekend my unconnect system had a similar glitch. On Tuesday my nav searches were online. The online search results included a store that had opened in June 2019. My maps are dated 3 May 2019.

Neokane

Reaction score
Haha, like Ramcares, cares.. they are just the talking head to pacify the masses.

E.Hands

Reaction score
I took the truck in for this correction and they updated the Body Control Module (BCM) configuration. Now the automatic highbeam control is functioning the way it was intended!
Previously the technician had blamed it on my aftermarket tint. Lol! 15833719940151453132012002192595.jpg 20200304_185427.jpg

Rock32

Reaction score
Update for me. The truck was parked for 10 hours today while I was at work. Started it up and all features returned. The only thing I lost was my presents for the sat radio. *Sigh of relief* Thanks to all for your input.

Buck

Reaction score
Update for me. The truck was parked for 10 hours today while I was at work. Started it up and all features returned. The only thing I lost was my presents for the sat radio. *Sigh of relief* Thanks to all for your input.
What was your model#

FGildred

Reaction score
Any new NOGL updates

I think I saw another post where the N0GL hardware received the update. I’m in Maine and received the 19.49.13 just yesterday. (3/4/2020).

242780eb46a86e3c6964fd97d052a38f.jpg

Zeeya

Reaction score
Received update as posted a few days ago. The 20191203 version. I just completed my 806 mile journey home and changes I noticed on my nav screen. Some others may have seen this before, but I use my nav daily and have never noticed the arrows showing lane direction on the interstate. Pictures posted below
I also notice it going split screen when coming through larger cities. I have always received the lane change arrows, but it keeps the map below with the lanes listed above. I have never noticed it doing that before. Like I mentioned, some may have seen this before, but from daily use, I haven't noticed it.

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1976.jpg
    IMG_1976.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9811.JPG
    IMG_9811.JPG