5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

BOShaughnessy

Reaction score
Does yours show the signal strength bars and LTE just like on a cell phone? If not you're not online.
Yes. Full bars. Sometimes 3G. Sometimes LTE. It acts like it connects and starts counting, but there is no sound. (yes, the volume is up).

Buck

Reaction score
I'd recommend people contact @uconnectcares on twitter and start a case with those on N0GL. I did it over the weekend and a case manager is supposed to contact me by the end of the week. If enough of us do it, it can't hurt at this point.
They contacted me and said they would get back to me???

AmostheDog

Reaction score
From my experience, I don't think the sound issues are limited to phone connections and more system wide. I had no sound from radio (either satellite or radio) last week. Volume was turned up to 75% with no sound. Restarting the truck did nothing.....only started working again that following morning.

Tellsch

Reaction score
I have NFGL with the latest sw version 19.49.13. Everything works great since the update was applied Monday night, love the Pandora feature. The only thing that hasn't activated was the online search in nav. It shows bars, but doesn't show 4G. I read a few others have that problem too, does it just take time to flip on? Dealer visit?

Not a huge deal as I don't use it often, but would be nice if it worked.

reb0957

Reaction score
From my experience, I don't think the sound issues are limited to phone connections and more system wide. I had no sound from radio (either satellite or radio) last week. Volume was turned up to 75% with no sound. Restarting the truck did nothing.....only started working again that following morning.
Were you using AA or car play at the time? My volume forgets to go back to media sometimes and when you adjust the volume you can see the AA symbol.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
They need to build a volume menu.
Somewhere where you can go and adjust sliders for the various levels. Similar to android where you can adjust notification separate from media. Etc.

Reactions: MJP

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If you don't have your phone plugged in with Android Auto or Apple Car Play then try this:

Switch the source to AM radio. It works every time for me (I am not kidding). I have no explanation as to why it works but someone in a forum a while back found this little "feature".

Here is the original post about it

rconiv

Reaction score
That's the worst tech answer I've ever heard. They clearly don't understand how updates work. Yes, the storm could have impacted the download, but updates are checked for integrity before being installed. So if the storm caused a download problem, it would have discarded it and downloaded again to get a solid copy. Then it would install.

If you have the update installed and problems, a glitch in the download would not be a possible reason for it. The most probable reason for your issue is that the RAM uses a self-discovery network for modules and components. The update wiped the registry so all of the parts have to re-introduce themselves over the network which takes time. You can search here but many threads describe the real world impact of this approach either by an update, or a battery disconnect. Starting/stopping a few times and waiting several hours allows the modules to all identify and work properly again.
That is presuming their programmers are actually competent enough to write in a failsafe like that in their code.

rconiv

Reaction score
Here's my build and update. When phone is plugged in using AA the radio or any media has a 10 to 15 second delay making channel or volume changes. I have nav but prefer to use Waze through AA.
2a316ebb77f2fb30f07c21198a76ad5a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Does WAZE talk to you after the update? Mine stopped doing it. Am using Android Auto. The built in Nav works fine. It mutes the speakers like she is going to talk, but there is no audio. Not finding anywhere to control the audio level for WAZE, just for the built in NAV, which I turned up a bit, but still nothing.

rconiv

Reaction score
I’ve had 18.45.40 since I bought the truck in early October of 2019. Build date of truck is Feb 2019.

Not sure anyone else experienced this. I have a fairly short commute to my office, but use CarPlay and bluetooth(if I don’t plug in my phone), and listen to FM sometimes. I’ve had very few troubles with audio on my radio. Maybe three times, I had two sources play at once and maybe twice a call I couldn’t hear any audio on since I’ve owned the truck.

Yesterday I was out driving to a few locations and a few times, the audio dropped out upon switching sources. I think it was here I read to just turn the radio off and back on, and sure enough, audio returned.

I mention this because a few times in one day...I was concerned something was suddenly going south with my radio. Once I saw the update, my immediate thought was that perhaps, and I’m guessing here, that this was happening because the system was busy in the background downloading the update. So maybe an early indicator of an update about to arrive on your radio? After the update yesterday, I only had one more trip but no issues with the audio at all. I’ll report back if I do, but my guess(and hope!) is I will not.
I am hoping the update fixed the two sources issue. I would on occasion get my Ipod, and XM Channel 1 playing at the same time. I would have to switch to XM, and then back to my Ipod to get it to go way.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does WAZE talk to you after the update? Mine stopped doing it. Am using Android Auto. The built in Nav works fine. It mutes the speakers like she is going to talk, but there is no audio. Not finding anywhere to control the audio level for WAZE, just for the built in NAV, which I turned up a bit, but still nothing.

Somehow the Waze volume is muted or 0 after updated, you will need to wait when the notification pop-up and quickly turn the volume up as you like and it will stay like that after.

I also noticed square notification box for Waze to alert you about police or disabled car..... is blocking ahead view now, i don't know is Waze, AA or Uconnect issue.

Tellsch

Reaction score
I have NFGL with the latest sw version 19.49.13. Everything works great since the update was applied Monday night, love the Pandora feature. The only thing that hasn't activated was the online search in nav. It shows bars, but doesn't show 4G. I read a few others have that problem too, does it just take time to flip on? Dealer visit?

Not a huge deal as I don't use it often, but would be nice if it worked.

I called uConnect - they said it is a known issue that came up this week. They are working on a fix, but nothing yet nor an ETA. She said it will be in the form of another update.

The workaround is using the uConnect app, searching for a location and then sending it to the truck.

Not ideal, but the update seems to have fixed the other bugs as well as add Padora.

jhoran

Reaction score
I called uConnect - they said it is a known issue that came up this week. They are working on a fix, but nothing yet nor an ETA. She said it will be in the form of another update.

The workaround is using the uConnect app, searching for a location and then sending it to the truck.

Not ideal, but the update seems to have fixed the other bugs as well as add Padora.
My truck updated last friday and online nav search / mic started working today.

Tellsch

Reaction score
My truck updated last friday and online nav search / mic started working today.

Thats great to hear. I check daily so hopefully mine will follow. I just got the update Monday night so it hasn't been a week yet.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Updated last week, no bluetooth audio drop outs yet. Did get blue camera screen but camera returned 5-10 minutes later after I stopped for gas and restarted truck

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is presuming their programmers are actually competent enough to write in a failsafe like that in their code.

Even UConnect programmers know basic 101 stuff like this.

Add to the fact that no one has reported a bricked unit after an OTA update (that I know of...) and it becomes obvious.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Even UConnect programmers know basic 101 stuff like this.

Add to the fact that no one has reported a bricked unit after an OTA update (that I know of...) and it becomes obvious.

Even Tesla doesn’t know that ****, they had bricked cars the day before Christmas because the 6gb download wouldn’t finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammyShand

Reaction score
Updated last week and no Bluetooth magically muted calls and I've talk extensively during my hellacious commute. I have a 2019 Limited 6/19 build. The only problem I've ever experienced with UConnect were the magically muted calls. Everything else worked flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread