5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

Zeeya

Reaction score
Someone asked about the updates which allow you to add a Pandora station and how you picked the artist. Pictures below. When listening to a station on XM, there is a button "Related". When I press that button it takes me to the next page which has a button "Artist Radio" I press that button and it brings up the artist I am currently listening to and ask if I would like to create a station for that artist. I push yes and it creates a Pandora station which I added to my favorites bar across the top. I can go back and take pictures of each step if you would like. It took a few minutes to figure out, but once I got it, it was easy.
Someone also mentioned better sound. I did notice that I had to go in and bump my bass down a notch or two.
I listed pictures a few pages back on the Nav online searching. It works, but I also have a wifi plan in effect. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Someone listed that they now have the Cell phone status symbol showing up on their screen. LTE 4G and strength. I have had that showing on the screen since I purchased the truck 6/19.
My build date is 5/19

Attachments

• IMG_9780.jpg
    IMG_9780.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9781.jpg
    IMG_9781.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_9782.jpg
    IMG_9782.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 91

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@RamCares - any idea why some people are being left in the dust? It seems like older hardware and versions aren't getting the update. I know it's early but some information would help.
I think I saw another post where the N0GL hardware received the update. I’m in Maine and received the 19.49.13 just yesterday. (3/4/2020).

242780eb46a86e3c6964fd97d052a38f.jpg
What version were you on prior to the update?

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Someone asked about the updates which allow you to add a Pandora station and how you picked the artist. Pictures below. When listening to a station on XM, there is a button "Related". When I press that button it takes me to the next page which has a button "Artist Radio" I press that button and it brings up the artist I am currently listening to and ask if I would like to create a station for that artist. I push yes and it creates a Pandora station which I added to my favorites bar across the top. I can go back and take pictures of each step if you would like. It took a few minutes to figure out, but once I got it, it was easy.
Someone also mentioned better sound. I did notice that I had to go in and bump my bass down a notch or two.
I listed pictures a few pages back on the Nav online searching. It works, but I also have a wifi plan in effect. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Someone listed that they now have the Cell phone status symbol showing up on their screen. LTE 4G and strength. I have had that showing on the screen since I purchased the truck 6/19.
My build date is 5/19
Interesting, I've never seen the screen in your first picture. I click related, then add pandora station. It thinks for a moment and then tells me it could not creat a station.

FGildred

Reaction score
What version were you on prior to the update?

I’ve had 18.45.40 since I bought the truck in early October of 2019. Build date of truck is Feb 2019.

Not sure anyone else experienced this. I have a fairly short commute to my office, but use CarPlay and bluetooth(if I don’t plug in my phone), and listen to FM sometimes. I’ve had very few troubles with audio on my radio. Maybe three times, I had two sources play at once and maybe twice a call I couldn’t hear any audio on since I’ve owned the truck.

Yesterday I was out driving to a few locations and a few times, the audio dropped out upon switching sources. I think it was here I read to just turn the radio off and back on, and sure enough, audio returned.

I mention this because a few times in one day...I was concerned something was suddenly going south with my radio. Once I saw the update, my immediate thought was that perhaps, and I’m guessing here, that this was happening because the system was busy in the background downloading the update. So maybe an early indicator of an update about to arrive on your radio? After the update yesterday, I only had one more trip but no issues with the audio at all. I’ll report back if I do, but my guess(and hope!) is I will not.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had 18.45.40 since I bought the truck in early October of 2019. Build date of truck is Feb 2019.

Not sure anyone else experienced this. I have a fairly short commute to my office, but use CarPlay and bluetooth(if I don’t plug in my phone), and listen to FM sometimes. I’ve had very few troubles with audio on my radio. Maybe three times, I had two sources play at once and maybe twice a call I couldn’t hear any audio on since I’ve owned the truck.

Yesterday I was out driving to a few locations and a few times, the audio dropped out upon switching sources. I think it was here I read to just turn the radio off and back on, and sure enough, audio returned.

I mention this because a few times in one day...I was concerned something was suddenly going south with my radio. Once I saw the update, my immediate thought was that perhaps, and I’m guessing here, that this was happening because the system was busy in the background downloading the update. So maybe an early indicator of an update about to arrive on your radio? After the update yesterday, I only had one more trip but no issues with the audio at all. I’ll report back if I do, but my guess(and hope!) is I will not.

You're on a later version than others on the N0GL (I have 18.27.17) which I am assuming is why you received the update before others on the N0GL. I have recently noticed that my audio will randomly cut out and this morning when I started my truck it was on FM 102.9 which isn't a station I listen to (it is a preset). Also i had random Audio cut outs that I noticed yesterday and today. We will see if something happens.

Neokane

Reaction score
This is p1ssing me off. I had the bluetooth cut out on me 4 times today talking with my wife.. I get so pissed because then I think she is ignoring me and if I didn't know this was an issue... I'd probably be getting a divorce!!

Wtf @RamCares . I need this update!
CNSC28N0GL hardware.
Software version still on 18.45.40

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're on a later version than others on the N0GL (I have 18.27.17) which I am assuming is why you received the update before others on the N0GL. I have recently noticed that my audio will randomly cut out and this morning when I started my truck it was on FM 102.9 which isn't a station I listen to (it is a preset). Also i had random Audio cut outs that I noticed yesterday and today. We will see if something happens.
I had that same issue with that software version as well before I had the dealer update to 18.45.40

Hackmunch

Reaction score
anyone have a link where i can dl this new update and install it myself?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is p1ssing me off. I had the bluetooth cut out on me 4 times today talking with my wife.. I get so pissed because then I think she is ignoring me and if I didn't know this was an issue... I'd probably be getting a divorce!!

Wtf @RamCares . I need this update!
CNSC28N0GL hardware.
Software version still on 18.45.40
I'd recommend people contact @uconnectcares on twitter and start a case with those on N0GL. I did it over the weekend and a case manager is supposed to contact me by the end of the week. If enough of us do it, it can't hurt at this point.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd recommend people contact @uconnectcares on twitter and start a case with those on N0GL. I did it over the weekend and a case manager is supposed to contact me by the end of the week. If enough of us do it, it can't hurt at this point.
I'll let you guys do the hard work. I removed my twitter. Keep us updated if you don't mind. Or we can get a list of people who are on N0GL and create a private message group. I am still waiting to hear back from @RamCares after i sent them a private message.

Reactions: Jtr

Neokane

Reaction score
Add me!
I'll let you guys do the hard work. I removed my twitter. Keep us updated if you don't mind. Or we can get a list of people who are on N0GL and create a private message group. I am still waiting to hear back from @RamCares after i sent them a private message.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone else wants to join the PM group for N0GL Hopefuls PM me and I'll add you to the group.

welcomingwar

Reaction score
I had that same issue with that software version as well before I had the dealer update to 18.45.40

I've been to the dealer a couple of times and I'm still on 18.27.17. I also sent a message on Twitter and will keep you guys posted on what I receive.

Last edited:

gibbynd

Reaction score
Ha. Mine tells me I'm currently "up to date" with version 18.27.17

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I’m telling y’all there is more to it than just hardware version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reb0957

Reaction score
Here's my build and update. When phone is plugged in using AA the radio or any media has a 10 to 15 second delay making channel or volume changes. I have nav but prefer to use Waze through AA.
2a316ebb77f2fb30f07c21198a76ad5a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m telling y’all there is more to it than just hardware version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its a combination of Hardware and Software. If you have New hardware and Newer software it seems like you're most likely getting the update sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread