5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

DakotaRam

Reaction score
You are at KR20.12. That is why they won't update it under the recall. If the app version is at KR20.16 or lower, they won't do it because they fear they won't get paid under warranty. But that is only for the recall. If you are still in 3/36 they should update it under warranty. Or if you have a MaxCare warranty it should also be covered. It is possible you might get an OTA update if no other things apply
Tried to have two different dealer update it but there is not even a service bulletin that my VIN would fall into either. Has nothing to with them getting paid oneway or the other.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Tried to have two different dealer update it but there is not even a service bulletin that my VIN would fall into either. Has nothing to with them getting paid oneway or the other.
Last 8 of you Vin. Let me see if I can look it up

ktl5005

Reaction score
You are at KR20.12. That is why they won't update it under the recall. If the app version is at KR20.16 or lower, they won't do it because they fear they won't get paid under warranty. But that is only for the recall. If you are still in 3/36 they should update it under warranty. Or if you have a MaxCare warranty it should also be covered. It is possible you might get an OTA update if no other things apply
Wouldn’t .12 be lower than .16?

Razilla76

Reaction score
View attachment RCRIT-20V191-9911.pdf
I got the recall notice (W33) for my truck. Took it into a dealer and they said I did not need the update. My application number was 28.1. Dealer refused to do the update even after I showed them the recall steps from FCA that show anyone with an application version below 34.2 needs the update. I went to a another dealership the next day. Didn’t show them any info related to the recall. Just told them I had got a recall notice and needed an update. My system was updated without issue.

I have attached the FCA recall steps that list info about which systems need the update. Maybe it will help someone.

I’ve also attached pics of my system info before and after the update.

Attachments

• D2D7F4A4-7A3F-4628-8D4D-08F44D9292B4.png
    D2D7F4A4-7A3F-4628-8D4D-08F44D9292B4.png
    617.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DE7F3783-1AFB-4A47-BC91-1897968C6C61.jpeg
    DE7F3783-1AFB-4A47-BC91-1897968C6C61.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Slumlord

Reaction score
So I searched the forms and I can't see to find the steps on how to even see what version of software I'm on. I have a 2020 Laramie with a 12" screen and NAV.

KcRay

Reaction score
So I searched the forms and I can't see to find the steps on how to even see what version of software I'm on. I have a 2020 Laramie with a 12" screen and NAV.
Press and hold the two outer round app buttons at the bottom of you screen, may take 5 seconds or so. My far left is "media" and far right is "backup cam".

Bill S

Reaction score
Do most of you guys actually use the factory NAV? I always use my phone, as it stays updated from my experience, unlike in-car/truck NAV.
I do the same thing, works great, but once my IPhone reaches 100% it keeps wanting to disconnect, and reconnect.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been using my Wireless CarPlay since I installed the CarPlay2Air device. Haven't used the built in NAV since and LOVING the Google Maps!

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I have been using my Wireless CarPlay since I installed the CarPlay2Air device. Haven't used the built in NAV since and LOVING the Google Maps!
Same here !! I just wish some day RAM would let it use the full screen. Not sure if that's an apple limitation or RAM. I had full screen Car Play in a rental BMW and loved it !! The actual space for car play on the 12 " screen is actually smaller than the 8.4" which sucks

Reaction score
Same here !! I just wish some day RAM would let it use the full screen. Not sure if that's an apple limitation or RAM. I had full screen Car Play in a rental BMW and loved it !! The actual space for car play on the 12 " screen is actually smaller than the 8.4" which sucks
Yeah full screen android auto would be sweet

jfcody3962

Reaction score
Interesting. I've not heard of this CarPlay2Air device before now. I guess I've been living under a Covid rock or something. Question- quick interwebs search finds LOTS and LOTS of terrible reviews. Are you guys 100% pleased with this device? Any short comings when using it in the Ram? thanks!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting. I've not heard of this CarPlay2Air device before now. I guess I've been living under a Covid rock or something. Question- quick interwebs search finds LOTS and LOTS of terrible reviews. Are you guys 100% pleased with this device? Any short comings when using it in the Ram? thanks!
I have had mine since day 1 and not a single issue. Very reliable and super easy to update while connected to the truck. The "terrible" reviews could be related to interoperability in other manufacturers vehicle, but the RAM has been excellent!

jfcody3962

Reaction score
I have had mine since day 1 and not a single issue. Very reliable and super easy to update while connected to the truck. The "terrible" reviews could be related to interoperability in other manufacturers vehicle, but the RAM has been excellent!
Awesome, thanks. So which model do I want? There are a bunch on Amz. *edit- looks to be all the same model, just which cars the unit is "certified" to work on.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. So which model do I want? There are a bunch on Amz. *edit- looks to be all the same model, just which cars the unit is "certified" to work on.
They all may look similar but not sure they are the same. We bought ours from here...

You can try one from Amazon to save a few bucks and see how it works. If not well, just return it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

So is there any advantage to using the car play over plugging it into the usb-c for goggle maps work Andriod auto? Other than it being wireless thus saving you from plugging your phone in all the time.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So is there any advantage to using the car play over plugging it into the usb-c for goggle maps work Andriod auto? Other than it being wireless thus saving you from plugging your phone in all the time.
All it does is prevent you having to connect with a cable. I, for one, leave my phone in my front right pocket at all times and have no interest in taking it out every time I enter my truck to plug it in. I jump in my truck, it automatically connects and I go on my merry way. It's all about convenience and nothing more.

Reaction score
All it does is prevent you having to connect with a cable. I, for one, leave my phone in my front right pocket at all times and have no interest in taking it out every time I enter my truck to plug it in. I jump in my truck, it automatically connects and I go on my merry way. It's all about convenience and nothing more.
Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure if it was all about convenience or if it had other capabilities such as being able to play video on the screen, like a YouTube video.

The money we spend on small conveniences. Definitely something I may still look into but the price of the unit just for that one convenience is a tough one for me.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I wasn't sure if it was all about convenience or if it had other capabilities such as being able to play video on the screen, like a YouTube video.

The money we spend on small conveniences. Definitely something I may still look into but the price of the unit just for that one convenience is a tough one for me.
Ask Santa to get you one ;) If you use CarPlay a lot, this is a game changer and a device you'll never want to live without.

Users who are viewing this thread