5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

DakotaRam

Reaction score
IIRC one of the version is for 2020’s the other for the ‘19’s

g00fy

Reaction score
There are 2 problems here. You installed the 12 inch radio. It is not covered by any warranty repair. The dealer can't get paid to update your radio, only the factory installed radio. It would be a retail repair, unless you can obtain the software your self and install it your self. Currently for 2019 UAX radios, the latest software available for download is version 28.1 They had 33.3 available about a month ago, but they pulled it. Check the consumer uconnect site and see what is available. You should be able to get 28.1 and do the update your self. Currently 33.3 is only available over the air. Don't ask me why that is. I don't know. But even the dealers can't download 33.3 at this time as I type this.

I told the service adviser i was willing to pay for 1/2 or even 1 hour of labor to get this TSB update, but the message never got out to the techs about what actually needed to be done. I've tried several times to get the update from Uconnect.com, but I don't think the update page actually works, it's just there to make people feel better. I entered the VIN# of the donor salvage truck several times and it always says the radio is up to date which i know is false since i have the radio and it's got software from July 2018. I was ultimately able to get the TSB done after a mountain of BS, and even that update to the november 2018 28.1 software fixed ALL my issues. The back up camera works now, the sound quality is fixed, the bass isn't overpowering anymore, the volume settings for things like Speed limit warnings now stays where i leave it when i shut the truck off, and I also have a clock now. I have no desire to update to anything newer since it seems pretty rock solid now.

azzx

Reaction score
I did get my update (19.49) finally yesterday. on-line search was turned on. I could get Pandora.
turn the car on this morning. No online search, no Pandora. and, my nav thinks that i am in Atalanta!
i checked the update screen and still shows the new version but the functions have reverted back to the old version
Makes no sense
any ideas?

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
Update:
The nav is working today. search option is still grayed out. no Pandora. my wild a.....s guess is the lousy ATT coverage were i am at
most functions that i am trying to use say no internet connection

TowMode

Reaction score
For those of you in a 2020 limited, what is your build date? Mine was built in February, and my UConnect version is 20.04.19.

IMG_2334.jpeg

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you in a 2020 limited, what is your build date? Mine was built in February, and my UConnect version is 20.04.19.

View attachment 53388
Not a 2020 owner, but that's the newest software version I've seen on the forums. Thanks for uploading the pic. I hope it's working out well for you!

dsmonline

Reaction score

View attachment 53388

Indeed, you are the first person to report with hardware version CNSC29N3GL and a software version of 20.04.19. I have the same hardware, got updated to 19.33.11 Feb 5th, so they are kicking out a newer version since mine for that hardware. Could be I will get another update pushed, we'll see.

rraulston

Reaction score
I did get my update (19.49) finally yesterday. on-line search was turned on. I could get Pandora.
turn the car on this morning. No online search, no Pandora. and, my nav thinks that i am in Atalanta!
i checked the update screen and still shows the new version but the functions have reverted back to the old version
Makes no sense
any ideas?
same here....

dsmonline

Reaction score
Seems to be the normal process on these updates. Give it a day or two, most everyone says the functions come back.

M3Master

Reaction score

I have a 2020 with a 10/19 build date. Looks like I'm still on the old version. The driveuconnect.com update check says I have the latest. Obviously thats bs.

Attachments

• 2020-04-21 13.49.16.jpg
    2020-04-21 13.49.16.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 2020-04-21 13.49.36.jpg
    2020-04-21 13.49.36.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 65

Bram2019

Reaction score
New recall on the software for this radio tied to backup camera. Will update almost everyone to 20.04.19. Have your dealer run your vin. 2019 and 2020 I believe.

dsmonline

Reaction score
New recall on the software for this radio tied to backup camera. Will update almost everyone to 20.04.19. Have your dealer run your vin.

Interesting, what was your source for this info. Do you know if an over-the-air update can be done and it will satisfy the recall? Normally a recall requires a visit to the dealer so they can document it has been done.

M3Master

Reaction score
Interesting, what was your source for this info. Do you know if an over-the-air update can be done and it will satisfy the recall? Normally a recall requires a visit to the dealer so they can document it has been done.
I saw in another thread that someone got an email stating it would be available OTA. Haven't heard anything other than that.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I have an appointment Thursday morning at my dealer to do both the backup camera recall and the wiper recall. I am still on 18.45.40 so I can report back afterwards if it changes the radio software version as well.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I have an appointment Thursday morning at my dealer to do both the backup camera recall and the wiper recall. I am still on 18.45.40 so I can report back afterwards if it changes the radio software version as well.
It will change the software level. Do not know what else besides the back up camera that it changes. I don't know if it is available OTA. Recalls generally require a visit to the dealer to satisfy the recall.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I got the backup camera recall performed today and it did update me to 20.04.19. I have not noticed any of the other changes as far as Pandora, etc. but I am going to give it a few days and see if they "turn on".

IMG_20200423_133654.jpg

azzx

Reaction score
did U get a recall notice for camera?
I checked VIN and no recall notice

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I checked here:

Put in my VIN and both the backup camera and wiper arm recall showed up.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe this is only for 2020's?? I am not seeing a recall on my '19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/