5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Evening, so I will openly admit I read a few pages and got pulled away at work before I could google it. Yes, I will be lazy , its been a long day. How do I find the SW rev on my radio? I assume I have to get into the engineering menu somehow??
At the bottom of the screen, press the button on the far left and far right at the same time. Doesnt matter what screen you are on.

cwilsoniaff

Reaction score
Good Morning all! Just purchased my 2020 Limited yesterday and it prompted for an update when I pulled into the garage. Hit update, and walked inside thinking "cool, no big deal" Then I did some reading last night (found this thread) and was ****ting myself thinking it was going to be bricked when I checked on it this morning. Well, initially all looks well. Will see when/if I leave the house today. Here is the info from it...

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 136

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Just purchased my 2020 Limited yesterday and it prompted for an update when I pulled into the garage. Hit update, and walked inside thinking "cool, no big deal" Then I did some reading last night (found this thread) and was ****ting myself thinking it was going to be bricked when I checked on it this morning. Well, initially all looks well. Will see when/if I leave the house today. Here is the info from it...

Congratulation on the new truck, i know you love it right now and hope unit enjoy it. Glad to hear you got an update but FYI that is not the latest one yet, the latest version is 19.49.13 but it better than nothing, many peoples still using alot older version than you.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Congratulation on the new truck, i know you love it right now and hope unit enjoy it. Glad to hear you got an update but FYI that is not the latest one yet, the latest version is 19.49.13 but it better than nothing, many peoples still using alot older version than you.

I believe that 19.43.1a is the latest firmware for the 29N3 hardware, which is the latest released (2020) hardware version we are aware of. Earlier version of the hardware (2019 & 2018) got a different version of the firmware with what appears to be a later version number, however we have no idea if 19.43.13 is newer (with additional updates, features, etc.) than 19.43.1a, has less or is somewhere in between. Hardware and firmware version numbers (and capabilities) have to match up to each other, so a 29N3 hardware will never get a 19.43.13 firmware, at least that is how I believe it works. It is also possible that the .1a is actually a later number than .13, we have no way of knowing their numbering system. It could go .11, .12, .13, ..., .1a, .1b, ... etc.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe that 19.43.1a is the latest firmware for the 29N3 hardware, which is the latest released (2020) hardware version we are aware of. Earlier version of the hardware (2019 & 2018) got a different version of the firmware with what appears to be a later version number, however we have no idea if 19.43.13 is newer (with additional updates, features, etc.) than 19.43.1a, has less or is somewhere in between. Hardware and firmware version numbers (and capabilities) have to match up to each other, so a 29N3 hardware will never get a 19.43.13 firmware, at least that is how I believe it works. It is also possible that the .1a is actually a later number than .13, we have no way of knowing their numbering system. It could go .11, .12, .13, ..., .1a, .1b, ... etc.

What you said is possible but if you look at the software build date, the 19.43.13 is in December and 19.43.1a is October.

dsmonline

Reaction score
What you said is possible but if you look at the software build date, the 19.43.13 is in December and 19.43.1a is October.

I do not believe when a build is dated or released has anything to do with it in the short term. A group of releases for a group of hardware versions each has their own timetable during development and testing. Only FCA/Uconnect has the master list for all of this, we mere owners can only take an educated guess.

Mikemarshallau

Reaction score
Mine updated today after a new 12 inch display install at dealer a few weeks back

d54ba68fdfb01e53aadfeae8149b0e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grblaine

Reaction score
Dealer hasn't responded to my questions yet regarding the "UConnect Guardian app not working after 1 hour of rest" issue with all details pulled from this site. Update image attached. Can someone confirm my version is latest for the N9GL hardware. I would appreciate it. If it is current, it must be with the need for TSB 08-114-19 even though the date range excludes my 4 week old 2020 2500. VIN in check RAM update site says I'm current. UConnect app hasn't worked after 30-90 minutes of being shut off since I owned it.

Note: Is there a better thread for me to post this on?

Attachments

• dash 1.jpg
    dash 1.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

g00fy

Reaction score
I'm also stuck with the old software you guys have, i just installed a 12" UAX in my 2500 Tradesman a couple weeks ago. I tried to have the dealer update the firmware yesterday, but of course as soon as they got it in the garage and saw a 12" UAX in a tradesman and the Know-it-all god complex kicked in and the techs just wrote my truck off and didn't even attempt to do a radio software update, i know this because i heard their exchange on my dash cam... Anyway, idk if this TSB has been posted in here or not

RAM TSB #08-009-19 REV A

It's supposed to be a UAX software update for any units with software older than version 28.1

If anyone tries to get this TSB performed, can you please ask for the update on a USB stick? If you can get it, i'll gladly host it at a link so forum members can download and perform the update themselves.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm also stuck with the old software you guys have, i just installed a 12" UAX in my 2500 Tradesman a couple weeks ago. I tried to have the dealer update the firmware yesterday, but of course as soon as they got it in the garage and saw a 12" UAX in a tradesman and the Know-it-all god complex kicked in and the techs just wrote my truck off and didn't even attempt to do a radio software update, i know this because i heard their exchange on my dash cam... Anyway, idk if this TSB has been posted in here or not

RAM TSB #08-009-19 REV A

It's supposed to be a UAX software update for any units with software older than version 28.1

If anyone tries to get this TSB performed, can you please ask for the update on a USB stick? If you can get it, i'll gladly host it at a link so forum members can download and perform the update themselves.
That is the same update that my dealer installed for me in '19. If it is feasible I'd go to another dealer and bring in the TSB paperwork and tell them a issue you are experiencing that matches the TSB symptoms. Be aware, that I had a lot of issues with that firmware/software under the TSB so proceed with caution.

g00fy

Reaction score
That is the same update that my dealer installed for me in '19. If it is feasible I'd go to another dealer and bring in the TSB paperwork and tell them a issue you are experiencing that matches the TSB symptoms. Be aware, that I had a lot of issues with that firmware/software under the TSB so proceed with caution.

Did this TSB fix the overly Bassy sound? and did it fix the volume settings for things like speed limit warnings? It drives me nuts every time i get in the truck all the voice prompt volume levels are reset to 15, which is wayy too loud.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my update yesterday. I tested my navigation a while ago and it’s still offline and my microphone is still greyed out. Does anyone know what the deal is? I thought the update fixed the offline search issue.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the update Thursday and today the online navigation and microphone features appeared. I’m very happy it’s finally resolved. It only took FCA 21 months.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
2020 Rebel 12 here. Many hours of use on mine and not one hiccup, glitch, or issue whatsoever.

Reactions: MJP

Bram2019

Reaction score

RAM TSB #08-009-19 REV A

There are 2 problems here. You installed the 12 inch radio. It is not covered by any warranty repair. The dealer can't get paid to update your radio, only the factory installed radio. It would be a retail repair, unless you can obtain the software your self and install it your self. Currently for 2019 UAX radios, the latest software available for download is version 28.1 They had 33.3 available about a month ago, but they pulled it. Check the consumer uconnect site and see what is available. You should be able to get 28.1 and do the update your self. Currently 33.3 is only available over the air. Don't ask me why that is. I don't know. But even the dealers can't download 33.3 at this time as I type this.

grblaine

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is current version for my hardware number N9GL? Guardian app still doesn't work after about an hour of turning off truck. I would appreciate some help here. Thanks in advance. Is there another thread besides the one that might help with UConnect App?

Attachments

• dash 1.jpg
    dash 1.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread