5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation App Crashing

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's wrong info.

The correct info has already been posted and is on the website when you download the map file. If you read the details you'd know to format the flash drive FAT32 - the map download needs to be unzipped and then the map files transferred to the empty flash drive. The 4gig limitation doesn't matter as the individual map files are all 4gigs or less.
You're clueless again mr.26 mpg guy.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the shout! We're advised this is a known concern that Engineering is currently investigating to resolve at this time. We hope to return soon once further details are available with a fix.

Steph
Ram Cares
Plz call me

Ready Go

Reaction score
My new 2024 Laramie G/T does the same thing! It's so often that I now have anxiety everytime I go to start the truck..will the "TomTom Loading" be on the Homescreen or more often, just a plain black screen on the NAV widget of the Homescreen! I have to Uninstall the NAV widget and Reinstall it to get it to load!
Absolutely ridiculous programming on a $82,000+ truck..the 2024s have very basic programming function compared to the 2023s..must have very cheap chipsets for sure!
Definitely my biggest disappointment is the programming issues with these trucks.

Legal Brief

Reaction score
My new 2024 Laramie G/T does the same thing! It's so often that I now have anxiety everytime I go to start the truck..will the "TomTom Loading" be on the Homescreen or more often, just a plain black screen on the NAV widget of the Homescreen! I have to Uninstall the NAV widget and Reinstall it to get it to load!
Absolutely ridiculous programming on a $82,000+ truck..the 2024s have very basic programming function compared to the 2023s..must have very cheap chipsets for sure!
Definitely my biggest disappointment is the programming issues with these trucks.
That’s not how u fix it, read my other posts

Ready Go

Reaction score
That’s not how u fix it, read my other posts
Agreed, I did read your posts, but we have two drivers of this truck and have two profiles and memories set for this truck (as the truck is "designed" for) and I'm not willing to delete one profile (and shouldn't have to) to get it to work better.
I did a hard reset twice now, and have done the Un/Re-Install NAV widget a few times and it seems to be sticking now. If it doesn't hold, I'll try your fix.👍

Oldpilot

Reaction score
I’m have a 2 week old 2023 Grand Cherokee. Started the rebooting on the way home. I have download the map files to a 32gb usb. When I plug it into the usb port nothing happens.
I have the files unzipped. I did notice there a 9 Files. One is a .doc file. Not sure if it need to be on the usb drive or not. I have an appointment at a dealer Monday but have a trip this weekend so I’m trying to get it to work. Maybe I’m not doing the update procedure corrrectly. Any thoughts?

Legal Brief

Reaction score
It’s tricky.. ntfs format the drive.

You have to do the steps, if you don’t it won’t resolve… ****ty that they didn’t update all the software before delivery

Oldpilot

Reaction score
I did that. Still doesn’t work. i will let you know what the dealer does.

mcmahonmel

Reaction score
I've tried every suggested fix on this forum. 2022 Ram Bighorn. Within days, sometimes hours, the rebboting starts again. I'm looking for a way to delete tomtom forever. I'm not tech savy enough, there must be a way. Help

Ready Go

Reaction score
I just wish Ram Tech Dept would fix it! Never been a huge TomTom fan, but the integration is what sucks!

Jprec8it

Reaction score
Hi craigerwolf and waffles,

We're sorry the navigation feature is presenting this concern! Please contact us at 800-777-3600 so we can assist with escalating your concerns to the internal team.

Steph
Ram Cares
Ram cares is a complete waste. I am more than disappointed with them on many levels. Worst customer service, ever! They hire people with zero desire to listen or want to resolve any issues.

My issue was “escalated” 4 times, a month later - Still waiting. Ugh!

Ready Go

Reaction score
I'll have to figure out how to check this, but I'm almost certain that my 2024 1500 Laramie 12"U5 did an OTA Update last night.

My screen was slightly different as it loaded this morning and everything seemed to work faster and better! My wife's Android Auto auto-loaded into my Media Widget in my Home Screen for the first time ever! My TomTom Map on the top half loaded immediately! And, we both would swear that the HVAC actually seemed to work as expected (never seemed to heat or adjust correctly unless the Heated Seats were On). My V2 went off from the Forward Proximity Warning when I pulled into the garage for the first time ever also, hmm(?).

I hope it stays..I'd be frickin' happy as sh*t if this sticks!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll have to figure out how to check this, but I'm almost certain that my 2024 1500 Laramie 12"U5 did an OTA Update last night.

My screen was slightly different as it loaded this morning and everything seemed to work faster and better! My wife's Android Auto auto-loaded into my Media Widget in my Home Screen for the first time ever! My TomTom Map on the top half loaded immediately! And, we both would swear that the HVAC actually seemed to work as expected (never seemed to heat or adjust correctly unless the Heated Seats were On). My V2 went off from the Forward Proximity Warning when I pulled into the garage for the first time ever also, hmm(?).

I hope it stays..I'd be frickin' happy as sh*t if this sticks!

What is a V2? What's your firmware build number?

Ready Go

Reaction score
What is a V2? What's your firmware build number?
V2 is my Valentine 2 radar detector..all four of my V1 models would not stop "alerting" once triggered in the Ram. They all work perfectly in my other vehicles, but in the Ram..no. i assume the Advanced Safety Group or something causes a constant alert once triggered..the V2 works normally.
I don't know the current or previous software model running. I'm not sure on the way to check it, so haven't. My truck was built in August/September.
I'm just happy it's working now.

Gren71

Reaction score
OK guys, I hope this helps. I had the same problem on my brand new 2023 Limited since I picked it up last week. Did factory reset and didn’t work. Uconnect helpline added some additional steps to my reset, and it worked! They said this has been happening and that they haven’t had anybody come back after following the steps.

I will post the email below.

Note the extra step of only having one profile. Also, they told me over the phone (which isn’t listed in the email), to leave my truck on for 15 minutes during reset. Then turned it off, when I turned it back on it worked. I did not have to do the second option of installing new maps.

Hope this helps with some of your heartaches. It helped me.

Step 1- Delete all the profiles, except driver 1.

Step 2- Perform Radio Factory Reset: Go to Apps--> Settings-->Reset-->Factory Reset.

If you have done this step and have found no result that helped the functionality of the navigation system; you may try these remaining steps as well.

Try and use this link:

To download the latest maps go to the link above and with a usb flash drive do the following:

1. Format the USB: Right Click on USB drive-->>Format-->>File system--->>FAT32 or NTFS-->>Start.

2. Copy the Map files to the USB stick.

3. Insert the USB stick to the USB port in the Vehicle. Once after USB is detected pop-up should occur saying "Do you want to update your system with new navigation content" then select start>>OK

4. It will take 30-40minutes to complete the update process

Once this is done the maps should be updated.
I did all the steps of downloading the new maps and every time I try to install them i get to step 3 and after a couple minutes it gives a message saying the files on the usb drive were altered...ive tried unzipping the files direct to the USB and copying the files to the usb. Ive done both of those steps in both fat32 and ntfs and have gotten the same message. What the heck am i doing wrong here?

I was hoping to just update the maps since I checked the version on the truck and its older than the version available on the stellantis website.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did all the steps of downloading the new maps and every time I try to install them i get to step 3 and after a couple minutes it gives a message saying the files on the usb drive were altered...ive tried unzipping the files direct to the USB and copying the files to the usb. Ive done both of those steps in both fat32 and ntfs and have gotten the same message. What the heck am i doing wrong here?

I was hoping to just update the maps since I checked the version on the truck and its older than the version available on the stellantis website.
What truck do you have?

Gren71

Reaction score
What truck do you have?
should have included that 🤦‍♂️

2023 1500 bighorn with 8.7in screen and uconnect 5

im trying the factory reset process now while i redownload the maps and try and put them on the usb drive. Ill have to try the maps again tomorrow if this factory reset doesnt work.

do you all allow it to update over wifi?

UPDATE:

after doing the factory reset i checked the tomtom "about" section in the settings. Before the factory reset it said it was not connected...after the reset it says it is connected and the "token is available" what ever that means. So im cautiously optimistic. 🤙 im gonna let is sit for a bit off before staring it back up and going through the process of redoing all of my user settings

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any more news on this?

For peeps like me who dont have the savvy to download zipped files and such, do I just wait for the eventual map upgrade on my 23’ Ld UC5? My truck has a 3-2022 map on it now, TTNAV3.26.0, released 3/21/2022.

I had hoped after driving 1400 miles in the last 1.5 weeks it would have tried an update OTA.

23RAM

Reaction score
For peeps like me who dont have the savvy to download zipped files and such, do I just wait for the eventual map upgrade on my 23’ Ld UC5? My truck has a 3-2022 map on it now, TTNAV3.26.0, released 3/21/2022.
The maps will not update OTA, just the firmware for the radio will update. The only way to update the maps is to download them from the Stellantis site and put them on a usb stick. Perhaps you can download the file, and then have a tech-savvy friend unzip them and put them on a usb stick for you?
Select RAM, then RAM again, then click on UC5 and download. It'll be one large zipped file about 16gigs in size. Once on the stick, just start the vehicle, wait for the radio to come up and plug in the stick - it'll locate the maps and ask to install them. Easy peasy.

Gren71

Reaction score
I’ll have to update the maps I guess. The first fix worked for a day. And then it started resetting again

Users who are viewing this thread