5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Renoenvy

Reaction score
FIFY ;)

I notice that the EQ version updated. Anybody hearing anything different?

Yeah my bone stock HK system sounds like a sack of hammered dog crap now. There is a persistant static sound when audio is playing, and everything is buzzy and tinny. Troubleshooting, I have turned the EQ back to zero on Bass/Mid/High, pushed the equalizer to isolate speakers, went way down on all my settings, and I cant get it to sound good again. I'm really unhappy with whatever they did....

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK, been waiting since October 2018...bit finally got updated. Had no issues before and everything seems to be the same now. Voice entry for nav worked since day 1 back in 2018... And still works the same.

The crazy part is why there is just no consistency with what owners are experiencing.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in my truck today and when I first started it my split screen went to default. Required me to pick what I wanted displayed. When I shut it off, there was some over the air notification notice but I was in the process off opening the door at the time I looked. So it went away. Coming home, same thing screen was in default and I got the notification to do the update now or later. Pushed the "now". The truck was in the garage at the time. Then, hopped in the truck to get curbside carryout. Screen was default again and after about 10 minutes, I got a notification indicating the update failed and an option to call. I wasn't about to start that with dinner in the truck. So I'll see what pops up tomorrow.

smashweights

Reaction score
So far seems like no real changes after the update to mine but I don't rooting use much other than Bluetooth audio. Maybe the audio sounds crisper and a bit more focused? Bass perhaps a bit less boomy.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only change I've noticed thus far is that Google Maps is now silent when using CarPlay. I will need to do some further testing to ensure this change isn't due to the recent firmware update to my CARPLAY2air device, since both were updated at the same time. I will also need to test to see if audio for other apps is still working via CarPlay.

I've not noticed audio changes. I also haven't tested the voice navigation yet with the factory nav, but I'm interested in doing so.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in my truck today and when I first started it my split screen went to default. Required me to pick what I wanted displayed. When I shut it off, there was some over the air notification notice but I was in the process off opening the door at the time I looked. So it went away. Coming home, same thing screen was in default and I got the notification to do the update now or later. Pushed the "now". The truck was in the garage at the time. Then, hopped in the truck to get curbside carryout. Screen was default again and after about 10 minutes, I got a notification indicating the update failed and an option to call. I wasn't about to start that with dinner in the truck. So I'll see what pops up tomorrow.
Update....

Hopped in the truck earlier to get it out of the garage and make a call to Uconnect to find out what I need to do. The Uconnect CSR could not resend the update and told me to just wait for it to be sent out again. I did have the screen back to normal this morning. Anyway, I decided to put the truck back in the garage once I ended the Uconnect call. Surprise, surprise.... I got a pop up indicating the update was successful. So, I guess I'm good....

Kidder

Reaction score
My Uconnect update message appeared this morning when I was heading into work. We shall see if it's done when I leave.

Kidder

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any differences with this update so far. I consider that a good thing.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to head to a place in Auburn Hills I'd never been to this morning. So, I decided to try the voice destination location and routing. Worked perfectly. Also, while doing my errand, I saw a favorite song pop up (still hard to notice) and it brought up the media screen. That's new. It would show a blank screen before the update.

Kidder

Reaction score
The only change I've noticed thus far is that Google Maps is now silent when using CarPlay. I will need to do some further testing to ensure this change isn't due to the recent firmware update to my CARPLAY2air device, since both were updated at the same time. I will also need to test to see if audio for other apps is still working via CarPlay.

I've not noticed audio changes. I also haven't tested the voice navigation yet with the factory nav, but I'm interested in doing so.
All of my voice prompts using Android Auto were all at volume zero after the update (even the google response beep after saying "okay google"). When you hear the left front speaker cut out, turn up the volume and that should take care of your issue. I had to do it for the google prompts and for Waze audio alerts/nav guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread