5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My '21 Limited and what's new...

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Hee hee, just what I happen to have in the truck currently, with a USB drive with a chitload of music, all different genres

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say “for years” it’s more like “a year.” The 2019s had CD players where that now empty cubby is above the phone holder in the center console.
It has been years. My 2015 didn't have one, my 2017 didn't have one, and my 2020 doesn't have one. Also, my daughter's 2019 doesn't have one.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It has been years. My 2015 didn't have one, my 2017 didn't have one, and my 2020 doesn't have one. Also, my daughter's 2019 doesn't have one.
2019’s definitely have CD players. At least every single limited I looked at when I was purchasing.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I like the step in the rear bumper. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I don't know. The old location allows you to use it with gate up or down. Love the other stuff especially the HU.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. The old location allows you to use it with gate up or down. Love the other stuff especially the HU.

I thought the newer style step was mostly just for the folks with the MFT. I could see it being more beneficial when paired with that option.

tom318

Reaction score
I'm hoping they use that specific step ONLY for vehicles with the multi function gate. My 21 wont have the MFG and if that's the step i get i wont be to thrilled. I was under the impression id get the older step off to the side. HUD is awesome! I cheaped out and skipped that option....coming from a simple vehicle so didn't want to spoil myself to much.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For example, I leave for TX today and will have a coat hanger rod stretched across the back seat totally obscuring my view using the traditional mirror. With the digital, the camera is outside the truck mounted in the 3rd break light housing. It's as if you see right through the obstructions in the back seat.
whoa!!!...now THAT's cool.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2019s may have been an "off" model year for the CD player.

I know in the 2013-2018 (4th gen) models, the CD player was very optional. I don't believe it was included in any packages, it was its own little checkbox, separate from everything else.
I do not miss it myself. Haven't really used a CD player since early 2000s.
huh?....all 2019 Limited's had CD players.

PostPremium

Reaction score
UConnect 5 may be introduced mid-year according to my dealer.

I paid invoice plus a $500 rebate. I had to arm-wrestle just to get that, and I think the only reason I got it was this is the 4th new vehicle I have purchased from them. My guess is toward the end of the year you'll begin to see more incentives.
Disappointing about UConnect 5.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any more pics of the rear 3rd brake light? looks like it may be blacked out or now an LED?

I'm waiting on a part # for it. Its the new LED center high mount stop light (CHMSL) that includes the "cargo camera" for the digital rear-view mirror.
Wonder how much of a PITA that is to add to a 2020. Think I'll start with the CHMSL, depending on price.

vinnrox250

Reaction score
Any more pics of the rear 3rd brake light? looks like it may be blacked out or now an LED?

Not sure if it’s the same, would think so, but my 2500 has the LED CHMSL. Looks too be the same, but camera is used for the digital rear view mirror now. Whereas on my truck is the the cargo camera.
390eb05381b32491460400916c8f998b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
huh?....all 2019 Limited's had CD players.

I meant 2019 was "off" as in not regular, or not holding to the pattern. 2013-2018 (last major refresh for 4th gens) it was very optional, and for 2020 it is not even offered (at least, not that I've found).

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That step is for the split tailgate - you can install a corner step also so it works with the traditional tailgate down position

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the same, would think so, but my 2500 has the LED CHMSL. Looks too be the same, but camera is used for the digital rear view mirror now. Whereas on my truck is the the cargo camera.
*edit* - nevermind I must've replied to your comment but looking at someone elses - i said the same thing you did; the new 1500 does look like a blacked out housing w/LED Red/Cargo lights but w/o cargo cam

the 2500+ have a cargo cam built into the CHMSL; not an option on the 1500's, but if it's a physical fit, I might have to buy a 2500's LED/Camera CHMSL and make it work on the 1500

vinnrox250

Reaction score
*edit* - nevermind I must've replied to your comment but looking at someone elses - i said the same thing you did; the new 1500 does look like a blacked out housing w/LED Red/Cargo lights but w/o cargo cam

the 2500+ have a cargo cam built into the CHMSL; not an option on the 1500's, but if it's a physical fit, I might have to buy a 2500's LED/Camera CHMSL and make it work on the 1500
**Edit** Looking more closely, looks like his truck has maybe two cameras one on each side of the brake light itself.

Ya, the OP's truck looks like the same overall CHMSL, but I do not see his camera. Curious to see how that works. Buddies GMC has this and its a cool feature, not so cool truck. Lol.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true, but lets not take this thread any further off topic. I'd be happy to discuss this over PM if you'd like.

2019 1500 DT Brochure. CD Player - Standard Equipment on Longhorn and Limited. Optional or included in certain packages on lower trims.

Attachments

• 6DD99DC6-C03F-4413-949C-B9B4826CA1C0.jpeg
    6DD99DC6-C03F-4413-949C-B9B4826CA1C0.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 26

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might switch to a 3500 SRW in 2022 when they do the update from the 4.5 Gen to the actual 5th gen and I hope they add the HUD, Cargo and rear cam with Digital Mirror and the trailer steer (Which I still want to see in use).

vinnrox250

Reaction score
I might switch to a 3500 SRW in 2022 when they do the update from the 4.5 Gen to the actual 5th gen and I hope they add the HUD, Cargo and rear cam with Digital Mirror and the trailer steer (Which I still want to see in use).
I was hoping for that too. Been holding my breath, and getting tired of doing so, so thinking about ordering me a 2021 1500 Limited Black Appearance. Fifth Wheel is gone, so diesel can go too. Love the 1500's. But so use to size of 3/4 Ton not sure if I will adjust easily. But that is a subject for another post.

Users who are viewing this thread