5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My '21 Limited and what's new...

BNeal

Reaction score
Here is what I have noticed so far. Only had it for one day, so will update accordingly...

The exterior really hasn't changed much.
The standard mirror
The mirror in digital mode. It takes some getting used to, and if you wear bifocals, it may be a problem.
The HUD. There are several options to configure what you want to see, but I have not had time to mess with it.
The switches under the display are different now. I assume due to the addition of the backup dial.
New rear step.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg
005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg

Last edited:

AK103

Reaction score
Looks great.
When you've had a chance to test it, any idea if the HUD navigation works with android auto or apply car play too?
Or just with the factory navi?

Baldd86

Reaction score
I like the step in the rear bumper. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

vinnrox250

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Thinking of getting out of my 2500 and ordering one of these! Curious to see what you think of the HUD.

BNeal

Reaction score
Bald86 - So do I. It is really functional, especially with the MF tailgate. It's kind of like having stair steps between that and the bumper.

Last edited:

BNeal

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Thinking of getting out of my 2500 and ordering one of these! Curious to see what you think of the HUD.
Thanks! I know I'm going to like it. I had a HUD in my last two BMW's and said I never wanted another vehicle without it. Once you get used to it, it's really convenient.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Here is what I have noticed so far. Only had it for one day, so will update accordingly...

The exterior really hasn't changed much.
The standard mirror
The mirror in digital mode. It takes some getting used to, and if you wear bifocals, it may be a problem.
The HUD. There are several options to configure what you want to see, but I have not had time to mess with it.
The switches under the display are different now. I assume due to the addition of the backup dial.
New rear step.

View attachment 68712 View attachment 68713 View attachment 68714
View attachment 68716 View attachment 68717 View attachment 68718 View attachment 68719 View attachment 68720 View attachment 68721
Looks great. did they get rid of the cd player?

1Zach1

Reaction score
Awesome to see 21s in the wild, congrats on your truck. I look forward to using the HUD, though my wife is concerned it will cause motion sickness for her in the passenger seat.
One thing I wish RAM had done this year is transition to a full digital gauge cluster.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this still uconnect 4 or did they upgrade the 2021 1500 to uconnect 5.

Its still on UConnect 4. UConnect 5 has a revamped look.

Pictures of UConnect 5:

Congrats!

BNeal

Reaction score
Can someone explain the benefit of a digital mirror? Does it display things that a regular mirror doesn’t?
For example, I leave for TX today and will have a coat hanger rod stretched across the back seat totally obscuring my view using the traditional mirror. With the digital, the camera is outside the truck mounted in the 3rd break light housing. It's as if you see right through the obstructions in the back seat.

BNeal

Reaction score
Awesome to see 21s in the wild, congrats on your truck. I look forward to using the HUD, though my wife is concerned it will cause motion sickness for her in the passenger seat.
One thing I wish RAM had done this year is transition to a full digital gauge cluster.
Thank you!

As for the HUD, the passenger will never see it. It has a very narrow field of view that only the driver can see. This is my 3rd vehicle with it, and after a while, it just disappears if you're not looking for it - even at night, and if someone else driving the truck is bothered by you can turn it off with touch of a button.

Users who are viewing this thread