5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My '21 Limited and what's new...

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping for that too. Been holding my breath, and getting tired of doing so, so thinking about ordering me a 2021 1500 Limited Black Appearance. Fifth Wheel is gone, so diesel can go too. Love the 1500's. But so use to size of 3/4 Ton not sure if I will adjust easily. But that is a subject for another post.

I am looking at getting rid of the Class A motorhome and going with a Fifth Wheel 24K LB Toy hauler but the current SRW Ram 3500 Limited 4x4 comes up a little short on Towing and payload. I hope they increase again to over 25K and over 5K payload for the SRW.

BNeal

Reaction score
I'm hoping they use that specific step ONLY for vehicles with the multi function gate. My 21 wont have the MFG and if that's the step i get i wont be to thrilled. I was under the impression id get the older step off to the side. HUD is awesome! I cheaped out and skipped that option....coming from a simple vehicle so didn't want to spoil myself to much.
Yea, Tom, that makes sense. Maybe it's just for the MFT. Wouldn't serve much purpose for the traditional tail gate.

BNeal

Reaction score
I was hoping for that too. Been holding my breath, and getting tired of doing so, so thinking about ordering me a 2021 1500 Limited Black Appearance. Fifth Wheel is gone, so diesel can go too. Love the 1500's. But so use to size of 3/4 Ton not sure if I will adjust easily. But that is a subject for another post.
Hahaha... I'm coming out of a 5-series BMW. The 1500 feels like a freakin' Kenworth to me!

vinnrox250

Reaction score
Hahaha... I'm coming out of a 5-series BMW. The 1500 feels like a freakin' Kenworth to me!

Haha. You’ll get use to it in no time! You’re going to love being able to see further than the car in front of you and not having to worry about scraping, etc. And you’re not missing much of the luxe stuff! I get in my buddies m4 and it’s like sitting on the floor.

e55amg2

Reaction score
Here is what I have noticed so far. Only had it for one day, so will update accordingly...

The exterior really hasn't changed much.
The standard mirror
The mirror in digital mode. It takes some getting used to, and if you wear bifocals, it may be a problem.
The HUD. There are several options to configure what you want to see, but I have not had time to mess with it.
The switches under the display are different now. I assume due to the addition of the backup dial.
New rear step.

View attachment 68712 View attachment 68713 View attachment 68714
View attachment 68716 View attachment 68717 View attachment 68718 View attachment 68719 View attachment 68720 View attachment 68721

The "new" step isnt new. It's the one you get with the split tailgate. There was a limited at my dealer when I bought my 2019 Limited that had both of these options (7/19).

I do like the new display/switches/trailer control thing.

djjr50

Reaction score
Here is what I have noticed so far. Only had it for one day, so will update accordingly...

The exterior really hasn't changed much.
The standard mirror
The mirror in digital mode. It takes some getting used to, and if you wear bifocals, it may be a problem.
The HUD. There are several options to configure what you want to see, but I have not had time to mess with it.
The switches under the display are different now. I assume due to the addition of the backup dial.
New rear step.

View attachment 68712 View attachment 68713 View attachment 68714
View attachment 68716 View attachment 68717 View attachment 68718 View attachment 68719 View attachment 68720 View attachment 68721
Looks like the only downside is the buttons under the screen. Wonder if the ones without trailer steer has the toggles.

Nice truck...congrats!

PostPremium

Reaction score
Yea, me too. That is one of the reasons I held out for the '21, hoping for the new UConnect.
Was your dealer positive about them adding it mid-year to the 2021s or do you think it will be the 2022 upgrade?

BNeal

Reaction score
The "new" step isnt new. It's the one you get with the split tailgate. There was a limited at my dealer when I bought my 2019 Limited that had both of these options (7/19).

I do like the new display/switches/trailer control thing.
Thanks for the clarification!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
2019 1500 DT Brochure. CD Player - Standard Equipment on Longhorn and Limited. Optional or included in certain packages on lower trims.
You're right, for those two models. And I guess I forgot this thread specifically mentioned Limited's. I mistakenly took your statement to apply to all models. Please accept my apology. The 2020 model year is the first year I've really ever shopped for a Limited.

K1135

Reaction score
I wonder if the push button switch is plug and play with the toggle switch for the park sensors on off.i like the push button better. Alway afraid someone is going to drop something and snap it off

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder if the push button switch is plug and play with the toggle switch for the park sensors on off.i like the push button better. Alway afraid someone is going to drop something and snap it off
I know what you mean. I hate it when people are tossing a bowling ball or sledge hammer around near the dash. :p

Seriously though, I'm thinking those switches aren't that delicate. How heavy would something have to be to break one of those switches off? And why would you have something heavy enough to do that anywhere near that area of the dash? Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely. I'm more concerned with the giant glass 12 inch display than the switches below it to be honest.

WhattheTruck!

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I hate it when people are tossing a bowling ball or sledge hammer around near the dash. :p

Seriously though, I'm thinking those switches aren't that delicate. How heavy would something have to be to break one of those switches off? And why would you have something heavy enough to do that anywhere near that area of the dash? Not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely. I'm more concerned with the giant glass 12 inch display than the switches below it to be honest.
Feet. For those of us with 6-seat configurations :D

Grouper

Reaction score
UConnect 5 may be introduced mid-year according to my dealer.
I have no experience with any version of UConnect. I assume when a new version is introduced, the older versions are not software upgradable?

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Looks like the only downside is the buttons under the screen. Wonder if the ones without trailer steer has the toggles.

Nice truck...congrats!

You are correct if you use the build and price tool only having the trailer tow group do you get the "New" switches. without the toggle switches are there

Users who are viewing this thread