5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

Cannonball

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing. The bottom edge and RAM logo doesn't appear level to the ground beneath.
I'm leaning towards weathertech because of this. Even 19Jake 's truck has the off center flaps that just don't look right!

kingkasc

Reaction score
The mopar ones collect water/dirt in them. They also look cheap af imo #teamgatorbacks

bigebengals

Reaction score
I just installed some Gatorback black gunmetal mudflaps onto my '19 Limited. Super easy install (much easier than on my F150 previously owned). The metal badge portion is a bit shiny (it's not matte), but it'll get dusty in no time and won't remain shiny unless I cleaned it regularly.

These mudflaps are awesome quality--heavy duty rubber, not hard plastic like the OEM Mopars or even the Weathertechs. On my previous F150, the Gatorbacks weathered very well after ~5 yrs of use. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for...

View attachment 4466 View attachment 4467 View attachment 4468
Those look great, I just ordered a pair of rear ones to see if I like before I get the front

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with 19Jake these Mopar flaps look great for our application. I have them on my flame red over black Rebel, too. I will agree that you probably get better coverage off of the other brands but these are double wall curved and match body lines. I agree engineers should have not left mud catching openings in them. I also agree they look best on Rebels because they come stock with flat black plastic flares that mudflaps match perfectly. Mounting is nice and secure. If I really thrashed my $62k Rebel offroad, the Weathertechs and Gatorbacks would make more sense. I custom made mudflaps for my 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 4x4 out of cut down flat semi truck mudflaps IMG_2620.jpg and even added the polished stainless steel trim across bottom. I wanted something more curvy and custom looking on this flame red beast. Other trim level trucks with gloss painted flares (except maybe black or dark color) would not be as good looking. I am in Portland, Oregon with mild winters and rarely salt on roads. Can't we each have our own favorite choice? The whole idea is to personalize our rigs and share info. :cool: IMG_2790.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After reading all of the relevant threads on mud flaps, I settled on the WeatherTech flaps for my Longhorn. Installed them today, and I was pleased with the fit and finish. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread!

(I feel guilty about the dirty truck in these pictures, but I was sure to clean the contact areas very well prior to installation!)

20068 20069 20070 20071 20072 20073

Reaction score

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can I see a photo of these installed? I have the Rebel as well and want to see how they look. Thanks man!

Little dirty but it shows both front and back.

Attachments

• Back mudflapm.JPG
    Back mudflapm.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Front mudflapm.JPG
    Front mudflapm.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Btharp2624

Reaction score
Just had the Mopar flaps installed and have rubbing with 275/60/r20’s. Seems to be only on the passenger side. Is this normal? If so, is there a fix?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are pics of Mopar mudflaps on a red/black Rebel. They mount really nice and are double walled and secure.
You might order some 1/8" HDPE/plastic sheets and screw them to the flap and wheel well liner to cover the problem areas. I ordered pieces that are about a foot square.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

verter

Reaction score
Not a fan at all and appear to be WAY over priced but enjoy!
You are right about the price, but they will provide way better protection from rocks than WT or Mopar. A rock scratched a fender on the way home after I picked up my truck from a dealership. Don't want any more of those.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You are right about the price, but they will provide way better protection from rocks than WT or Mopar. A rock scratched a fender on the way home after I picked up my truck from a dealership. Don't want any more of those.
No doubt about better protection and I guess it's all about where you live and the roads you travel. I am a big fan of custom molded aftermarket as they look more factory to me but I can see your point and the value it provides...just at a very high price which is hard to justify. Stay safe my friend and enjoy the truck...now you need to get a Pedal Commander :D

DennisY

Reaction score
Just ordered these bad boys, I think they will look awesome:

I bought the same ones during the winter. Love 'em. Well, the backs anyway. The fronts were too large for my taste so I didn't install them. If anyone wants a pair of fronts, brand new, I'd let 'em go for half price plus shipping.

By the way, "no drill" is not accurate. You do have to drill one hole into the factory plastic flap for the rears. Not sure about the fronts since I didn't install mine.

Also, I didn't care for the chrome hardware that came with mine so I spray painted them black to that they blend in. Looks a bit more factory that way.

Users who are viewing this thread