5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar Mud Flaps for the DT with the factory fender flares, I'm showing part numbers of 82215488AB and 82215489AB. I have not yet found the install manual online....trying to find out if drilling is necessary to install them?

I have the WeatherTech no-drill mud flaps on my current truck and they work very well...but WeatherTech has a 12+ week lead time before releasing them for DT.

Have previous years of the Mopar mud flaps required drilling?

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
Mopar Mud Flaps for the DT with the factory fender flares, I'm showing part numbers of 82215488AB and 82215489AB. I have not yet found the install manual online....trying to find out if drilling is necessary to install them?

I have the WeatherTech no-drill mud flaps on my current truck and they work very well...but WeatherTech has a 12+ week lead time before releasing them for DT.

There you go again, bringing up something I completely / totally didn't even think of . . . Mud Flaps !
263a.png
Weather-tech IS the way to go IMO -- my G.C. is "
weather-etched" all over !
The truck may get the Flaps, but just for the front . . . it will get the interior floor mats and the window rain guards !
1f44d.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:

I've got Mopar mud flaps on my 2016 and they did require drilling 1 hole on each side for the rears. Mopar might have revised the DT ones to be no drill, but I can't verify that yet, the photos I looked at them don't show any extra screws, just what look like plastic push pins or rivets.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I've got Mopar mud flaps on my 2016 and they did require drilling 1 hole on each side for the rears. Mopar might have revised the DT ones to be no drill, but I can't verify that yet, the photos I looked at them don't show any extra screws, just what look like plastic push pins or rivets.
I might go Mopar Front-Flaps, but the Departure angle would be "hindered" even more than the long Truck bed overhang, as it is ! ? We shall see !

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
You've seen the same pictures I have, I'm sure. It looks like it's the hole on the bottom/back of it that the push pin goes into vertically is where you have to drill. I may have to get a set and look at them - see if they'd be secure with no drilling.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do the Mopar ones have the 3m tape like the Husky ones to eliminate the paint rub.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my WeatherTechs I've used a thin coating of rtv applied to the paint before I install the flap. Wipe off the excess. If you ever have to remove the flap it'll peel right off.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
Do the Mopar ones have the 3m tape like the Husky ones to eliminate the paint rub.
I know the ones for the 4th gen didn't, I bought some 3m tape and put them on mine to avoid that problem.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/594-mud-flaps/&postID=3073#post3073" data-author="Jared Balfour">I know the ones for the 4th gen didn't, I bought some 3m tape and put them on mine to avoid that problem.
</woltlab-quote>That's why I got Husky's for mine, tape included.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
That's why I got Husky's for mine, tape included.
I wanted the husky's, got the Mopar ones for Christmas and didn't want to seem ungrateful and return them. so I threw them on. I also take them off twice a year during a detail and wash behind them and out on new 3m tape.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I wanted the husky's, got the Mopar ones for Christmas and didn't want to seem ungrateful and return them. so I threw them on. I also take them off twice a year during a detail and wash behind them and out on new 3m tape.
Wonder how mud flaps would look with the same paint as the body, especially in Sport Trim ! ??

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I'veaeen it before and personally thought it looked tacky. A little bit of contrast is good, but looks are a personal choice.
Yea, I agree . . . I wouldn't do it . Just brought it up in case some had the idea . Mopar doesn't make them like that ?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Yea, I agree . . . I wouldn't do it . Just brought it up in case some had the idea . Mopar doesn't make them like that ?
Not as far as I know. Just black.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think bud flaps should be body color, in my opinion they should be as inconspicuous as possible. The black blends in with the tires, while body color can change the lines of the truck for the worse.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever end up getting the mudflaps?

I see Weathertech now lists ones for the 2019.

https://www.weathertech.com/ram/2019/ram1500/mudflap-no-drill-digitalfit/ram-fender-flares-5/yes/

I did, but I picked up a set of Mopars before my truck was delivered. No drill - instructions say to drill a 1/4" hole in plastic trim to help secure the mud flaps in place. They are a bit of a different design then the WeatherTechs...so far so good. I didn't want to wait and run the truck with no mud flaps.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-molded-mud-flaps-am-i-missing-somthing.782/

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did, but I picked up a set of Mopars before my truck was delivered. No drill - instructions say to drill a 1/4" hole in plastic trim to help secure the mud flaps in place. They are a bit of a different design then the WeatherTechs...so far so good. I didn't want to wait and run the truck with no mud flaps.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/ram-molded-mud-flaps-am-i-missing-somthing.782/

Nice. I just ordered the weathertech. I'll post some pics when I get them (and the truck)

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. I just ordered the weathertech. I'll post some pics when I get them (and the truck)

Post up pics of the weathertechs when they come in. They look just like the weathertechs I've had on my F150s...very slim but long. If so, I'll be switching from the Mopars.

Users who are viewing this thread