5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

IA_Dawg

Reaction score
I can't answer the about the MOPAR mats, other than to say I haven't seen any rubber one.

I've put on the weather techs, and they are fairly secure (each has at least 4 attachment points. Most use the existing hardware fender...the front one uses the 3 screws in the fendor and one trim push through that is included. You can see how the fronts are attached in the picture below. I can't say anything about the longivity though....winter and snow will be my test this year, since the I dont do any serious off roading with mine.

View attachment 4325

Do you have a picture of the whole truck with the WeatherTech flaps on?

Thanks

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Do you have a picture of the whole truck with the WeatherTech flaps on?

Thanks
Here are some quick ones as I walk out of work.

Attachments

• 20180913_160905.jpg
    20180913_160905.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 945
  • 20180913_160924.jpg
    20180913_160924.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 935
  • 20180913_160900.jpg
    20180913_160900.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 894

Mor

Reaction score
I had the ram mud flaps installed on my truck, after I picked it up and washed it a couple of times I noticed there is a pocket on inside of the front and rear mud flap. They are picking up gravel that needs to be washed out and they will certainly be packed full of ice snow come winter. The more I look at it I think these may not be the right mud flaps for this body style. I will question the service dept when I bring it in for service.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the ram mud flaps installed on my truck, after I picked it up and washed it a couple of times I noticed there is a pocket on inside of the front and rear mud flap. They are picking up gravel that needs to be washed out and they will certainly be packed full of ice snow come winter. The more I look at it I think these may not be the right mud flaps for this body style. I will question the service dept when I bring it in for service.

If you've got a 2019 that is the correct Mopar mud flap.....

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thats normal. this has already discussed on this forum. the mud flaps are crap

Mor

Reaction score
I agree they are crap but I cannot believe they would design something this disfunctional. I won’t be surprised if these are redesigned

kingkasc

Reaction score
So which do you guys recommend? I almost bought them!

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Copied from my other post.
A little dirty, but you get the gist. These are very solid rubber,with a powdered black steel coat plate facing away from tire (rubber facing tire), and feel great. I like the look. I'm happy with them. Only thing I might do is carefully spray black undercoating on the stainless steel washers. View attachment 6394 View attachment 6395

cubsflfan

Reaction score
I installed the weather tech today. From what I can see on the pics they are finished nicer than the mopar. Mopar has a big gap/ cup on the bottom that looks like it can collect water & dirt.

Attachments

• 52D2E90F-1D8C-4309-804A-4B78285D38DF.jpeg
    52D2E90F-1D8C-4309-804A-4B78285D38DF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 613

kingkasc

Reaction score
Copied from my other post.
A little dirty, but you get the gist. These are very solid rubber,with a powdered black steel coat plate facing away from tire (rubber facing tire), and feel great. I like the look. I'm happy with them. Only thing I might do is carefully spray black undercoating on the stainless steel washers. View attachment 6394 View attachment 6395
Do you have them on the front as well? I really like these.. you think it would look ugly if I did WeatherTech front and gators in the back? Thanx

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have them on the front as well? I really like these.. you think it would look ugly if I did WeatherTech front and gators in the back? Thanx

That picture is the front. I have a set of four. No clue on how it would look with different sets on front and back. I'm a synergy guy.

kingkasc

Reaction score
That picture is the front. I have a set of four. No clue on how it would look with different sets on front and back. I'm a synergy guy.
nice! did you get a deal on them by any chance or paid 300ish for all 4

kingkasc

Reaction score
Very nice! The all black with white ram lettering are 150ea set so I have to wait a bit b4 ordering

Users who are viewing this thread