5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab 2.5” leveling kit installed

Horn

Reaction score
Appreciate the info VaderRebel. Sorry I didn’t specify, I actually have the 19 Bighorn. I’m thinking maybe I still need to go with the uca’s Though. I’m kind of new to truck mods. I’ve had a Dodge Ram for 14 yrs until I just picked my new one but I never did any mods to the old one.

Horn

Reaction score
Appreciate the info VaderRebel. Sorry I didn’t specify, I actually have the 19 Bighorn. I’m thinking maybe I still need to go with the uca’s Though. I’m kind of new to truck mods. I’ve had a Dodge Ram for 14 yrs until I just picked my new one but I never did any mods to the old one.
I wish I had a Rebel though lol

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I had a Rebel though lol
Well, with some Rebel rims, the level kit and a new grille... you'd almost have one!

If you don't have the off road 4x4 package, you don't need the UCA'S on your Bighorn.

Now tighten up that sig so we can help you out without the guesswork! (y)

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, with some Rebel rims, the level kit and a new grille... you'd almost have one!

If you don't have the off road 4x4 package, you don't need the UCA'S on your Bighorn.

Now tighten up that sig so we can help you out without the guesswork! (y)

I have a 2wd bighorn and was wanting to level it. Just wondering if it voids warranty?

Horn

Reaction score
They don’t void the warranty. I spoke with the service department at my local dealership about this and they confirmed a leveling kit doesn’t void the warranty. I would contact your service dept just to be safe but I’m sure you’re good.

ghostface

Reaction score
Has the ride quality been sacrificed at all? Looking to get the Motofab 2.5" because I think it looks better than the 2.0". A big concern to me is the ride quality. I have the Big Horn, non off road 4WD.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has the ride quality been sacrificed at all? Looking to get the Motofab 2.5" because I think it looks better than the 2.0". A big concern to me is the ride quality. I have the Big Horn, non off road 4WD.
It doesn't hardly change the ride quality at all. Most people don't notice it. The ride changed more from going to A/T tires than it did from the leveling kit.

ghostface

Reaction score
It doesn't hardly change the ride quality at all. Most people don't notice it. The ride changed more from going to A/T tires than it did from the leveling kit.
Thanks for the info! That's something that I know will change the ride a bit. Still trying to figure out the best sizing/combo to go with.

Another member here has the 2.5" motofab with the 3.21 gearing and 285/65R20 (34.8 x 11.5) and said the tires didn't make the truck much noticeably sluggish. I just am not sure how many others are running tires that size/weight with the 3.21 gearing to know or not..

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! That's something that I know will change the ride a bit. Still trying to figure out the best sizing/combo to go with.

Another member here has the 2.5" motofab with the 3.21 gearing and 285/65R20 (34.8 x 11.5) and said the tires didn't make the truck much noticeably sluggish. I just am not sure how many others are running tires that size/weight with the 3.21 gearing to know or not..
I have the 3.21 gears. I am hesitant to go over a 34" tire. The 285/65s are essentially a 35" tire. I have 275/65r20 on now and will probably switch to 295/60r20. Both 34" tall the 295 is just wider. These trucks have plenty of power, so I'm really not worried about it performing too sluggish. The bigger issue with 35s and the 3.21s is going down the highway, you will constantly be shifting between 7 and 8. The rpm range with the bigger tires will be right in between those gears. You could always lock out 8th gear, but some people dont like doing that.

ghostface

Reaction score
I have the 3.21 gears. I am hesitant to go over a 34" tire. The 285/65s are essentially a 35" tire. I have 275/65r20 on now and will probably switch to 295/60r20. Both 34" tall the 295 is just wider. These trucks have plenty of power, so I'm really not worried about it performing too sluggish. The bigger issue with 35s and the 3.21s is going down the highway, you will constantly be shifting between 7 and 8. The rpm range with the bigger tires will be right in between those gears. You could always lock out 8th gear, but some people dont like doing that.

Do you have any pictures of your setup? Definitely interested. The 295/60r/20 are a couple pounds heavier but shorter. Not sure if thats a balanced trade off or not in terms of affecting performance or not.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your setup? Definitely interested. The 295/60r/20 are a couple pounds heavier but shorter. Not sure if thats a balanced trade off or not in terms of affecting performance or not.

I do but am having trouble uploading images at the the moment. Apparently every picture I have is too large of a file.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ohhh wow, that is good looking :) think I might be sold haha
Thanks. I have the 3.5" Readylift sitting in the garage ready to go on. Want a little more lift. I will be switching to 295/60r20s or 305/55r20s in the future. Want something just a little wider. I have also put some nFab step bars on since that pick, and have some Bushwacker fender flares sitting at a buddy's shop waiting to get painted.

ghostface

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the 3.5" Readylift sitting in the garage ready to go on. Want a little more lift. I will be switching to 295/60r20s or 305/55r20s in the future. Want something just a little wider. I have also put some nFab step bars on since that pick, and have some Bushwacker fender flares sitting at a buddy's shop waiting to get painted.
Ohh great, you just had to say that haha. That's what I have also been on the fence about, is whether or not to go to the 3.5" rather than the level. I just feel like ill go small and then end up going bigger and why not just do it right first haha.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ohh great, you just had to say that haha. That's what I have also been on the fence about, is whether or not to go to the 3.5" rather than the level. I just feel like ill go small and then end up going bigger and why not just do it right first haha.
That is my exact situation. I bought the Readylift leveling kit with control arms originally. Now I bought the full 3.5" kit. Should have gotten it from the start.

ghostface

Reaction score
So you'll do the 3.5 inch with the 34's? Or stick to 33's and go wider?

Users who are viewing this thread