5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab 2.5” leveling kit installed

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These worked perfectly...
View attachment 7390
According to Readylifts website these are for the 06-18 ram 1500's I don't doubt that you used them and that they worked fine. Below is a picture of the arms from readylifts website for the 2019. They do look very similar to the 2018 the 2019 arms look to have a slight sharper bend radius possibly for better sidewall clearance for the tire in relation to the arm, it would seem that the old arms work on the new truck apparently without issue. By that logic any existing aftermarket arm for a 2018 should fit the 2019.

66-1921_1100.jpg

Troop2865

Reaction score
I can't find the Readylift control arms by themselves. Where is the attached advertisement for the arms from?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't find the Readylift control arms by themselves. Where is the attached advertisement for the arms from?
That's an Amazon link and it's for the arms for an 06-18 ram part number 67-1500. I'm not sure if they fit a 19 or if Vader linked to the wrong part. PM @VaderRebel and make sure he used the arms he posted the link to. 367 dollars is a good price if they work on a 19

Troop2865

Reaction score
Just spoke to Readylift. They said they sell the individual arms for upto model year 18. They do not sell them for 2019 or newer models. You must purchase them with the 3.5 or 2.0 leveling kit. When I looked at their website, it says they are out of the 2.0 leveling kit and you can be put on a list to be notified when they are back in stock. Their kits must be selling well.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just spoke to Readylift. They said they sell the individual arms for upto model year 18. They do not sell them for 2019 or newer models. You must purchase them with the 3.5 or 2.0 leveling kit. When I looked at their website, it says they are out of the 2.0 leveling kit and you can be put on a list to be notified when they are back in stock. Their kits must be selling well.
As of tight now, nobody is selling the upper control arms by themselves. It'll change here in a little while. Soon all the big names will have uppers along with coilovers and everything else.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's them folks. They fit, perfectly. A few of us have been impatient with the aftermarket confirming their 4th Gen suspension parts fit the 5th Gen because we've already done the homework and it's all good. Order with confidence folks, I can post pics of any angle or bit you like to confirm fitment... or wait for the over priced 2019 parts, doesn't matter to me.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I should just be patient......but it is so hard to wait.
With the ready lift on back order you don't much of an option.
That's them folks. They fit, perfectly. A few of us have been impatient with the aftermarket confirming their 4th Gen suspension parts fit the 5th Gen because we've already done the homework and it's all good. Order with confidence folks, I can post pics of any angle or bit you like to confirm fitment... or wait for the over priced 2019 parts, doesn't matter to me.

Sir, you are a trailblazer.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree! Didn't know what was different and ordered Readylift's $600 leveling kit when it came out. Could have just bought the Readylift control arms and then the spacer elsewhere. The product is top quality though.

Troop2865

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I found them on Ebay for $316.00, but when I checked out I got them for $269.14 with free shipping. I now have all of the parts I need for the front. Still waiting on ordering tires. Thanks again Vader.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I found them I'm EBay for $316.00, but when I checked out I got them for $269.14 with free shipping. I now have all of the parts I need for the front. Still waiting on ordering tires. Thanks again Vader.
Awesome! Post some pics when you get it done!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I found them on Ebay for $316.00, but when I checked out I got them for $269.14 with free shipping. I now have all of the parts I need for the front. Still waiting on ordering tires. Thanks again Vader.
Cheers! (y)

Troop2865

Reaction score
I got the Motofab 2.5 spacers and Readylift upper control arms installed yesterday. The first side was a pain and the second side went much quicker. I probably had a total of 5.5 hours in the job. I spent a lot of time bringing all of the needed tools from one garage to the other. My good project garage is full of a disassembled Willys Jeep project. All of the trips back and forth cost some time. The hardest part was getting the bottom of the strut to line up. It seemed to be twisted a bit at the bottom. I had my son helping and I needed the second set of hands. The second side took less than half the time (about 1.5 hours).

When finished, the front was 40 inches to the top of the fender in front and 40.25 in the rear. After a quick test drive, the front settled to 39.25 inches. In the front and 40.25 rear.

I will get it aligned Tuesday. The test drive went well and it seemed to ride exactly the same as before. The tires get mounted on my new rims Thursday.

436F0C3F-DA14-44BC-8AFF-805AF0A9EC80.jpeg D8B6E2C3-610D-4CBC-977A-96A6516212DE.jpeg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well done @Troop2865 ! A satisfying mod, isn't it! I think the 2.5 spacers and RL UCA's are the perfect combo for leveling. Hindsight it's probably easier to use spring compressors and adjust the angle of the bottom of the strut... or I was thinking of swapping left to right, because of the 180°spin due to the spacer.

But I agree it was amazing how close to factory alignment and ride quality were after installation.

Troop2865

Reaction score
My son said he thought we should reverse the sides. I did try a spring compessor but ended up taking them back off. I ended up using my pickle fork to pry against the bottom of the strut and twist at the same time. It did feel great to get my first modification done.

Thanks for all of your recommendations regarding the best parts to use. Your experience and advice made things go very well.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son said he thought we should reverse the sides. I did try a spring compessor but ended up taking them back off. I ended up using my pickle fork to pry against the bottom of the strut and twist at the same time. It did feel great to get my first modification done.

Thanks for all of your recommendations regarding the best parts to use. Your experience and advice made things go very well.

Hahahaha, aah, the pickle fork maneuver! I had to do that by myself, since my 6 year-old son was a spectator only. It felt so good to push that bolt through the first time!

The grazed knuckles were a badge of honor that weekend!

Horn

Reaction score
I wanna go with the 2.5 but some have said it’s good to go with new upper control arms that can ease the stress on the ball joint. I’m hoping this is just relevant for those who go off-road often?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanna go with the 2.5 but some have said it’s good to go with new upper control arms that can ease the stress on the ball joint. I’m hoping this is just relevant for those who go off-road often?

If you have a Rebel or the ORG/P you want to go with a liftable UCA for lift/level up to minimum your total lift height. The Ready Lift UCA that a lot of guys are using, myself included, is rated up to a 6" lift and is widely available.

Users who are viewing this thread