5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab 2.5” leveling kit installed

Cmoar

Reaction score
Did you replace your stock UCA's also? Wondering if you can get a good alignment with the Motofab's only.

Ya I used the Mopar UCAs that come with their 2” lift. If I’m totally honest they are within spec for what Mopar says, but from the pictures I’ve seen the angles are better with the RC UCAs other people are using. That being said, the angles aren’t bad RC is just closer to stock.

Nick54

Reaction score
Finished up the level on my truck with the motofab 2.5” level and I’m very impressed. Rides like stock IMO and truck sits perfectly level. Just one trick i learned installing it was to unbolt the top UCA bolts and loosen the axle nut for more wiggle room and you won’t havr to worry about tearing the ball joint boot.

Here’s a picture after about 30 miles and she’s all settled down. Was picking up my new wheels from fedex so don’t mind the mediocre picture.
View attachment 6462
Interested to know what the rake difference was before installing the leveling kit. Motofab site says that the spacer thickness and resulting lift are not 1 to 1.

Bionicbo

Reaction score
Do you have the Motofab part number? I just want to confirm that it will fit the “new” 2019 ram. I am getting conflicting information on different websites.

BlueStreak78

Reaction score
I ordered the MotoFab 2.5 and it should be arriving today. Did you all do a strut extension or will I beer ok? TIA

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the MotoFab 2.5 and it should be arriving today. Did you all do a strut extension or will I beer ok? TIA
The top hat spacers like the Motofab basically are a strut extension. You don't need anything else, unless you want to replace the UCAs.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This question is for anyone who has installed the leveling kit already. How is the ride difference and handling compared to stock?

Grunkster

Reaction score
yes i am also wondering about ride quality and headlight adjustment...thanks

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
2" Motofab level on a Rebel, no difference in ride or handling, same as stock. Adjusted headlites down a pinch.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This question is for anyone who has installed the leveling kit already. How is the ride difference and handling compared to stock?
yes i am also wondering about ride quality and headlight adjustment...thanks
With the 2.5" spacers you'll feel a harder hit on a pot hole or speed bump... but minimal. You're raising a stock suspension with a spacer, you have to expect a small loss of comfort. Worth it, in my opinion... passengers don't notice, if that helps in accurately describing ride quality.

Grunkster

Reaction score
called the best alignment guy around here...he wants $200 to install with alignment included. Thoughts?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What needs to an alignment after installing a 2" level? Im new to this - not sure if I should do it on my own or pay a shop

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What needs to an alignment after installing a 2" level? Im new to this - not sure if I should do it on my own or pay a shop
If you don't know what "needs to be aligned" (no offense) it tells me you should probably have a shop do this for you. You need to understand torque spec for each nut and bolt you remove and replace and watching a Youtube video will only get you so far. If you have a mechanic buddy, great, enjoy the project.

An alignment is done by a shop AFTER the level kit is installed. It's about $50 - 100 depending where you go and if you are paying someone to install the kit, they may just charge a flat rate for both.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't know what "needs to be aligned" (no offense) it tells me you should probably have a shop do this for you. You need to understand torque spec for each nut and bolt you remove and replace and watching a Youtube video will only get you so far. If you have a mechanic buddy, great, enjoy the project.

An alignment is done by a shop AFTER the level kit is installed. It's about $50 - 100 depending where you go and if you are paying someone to install the kit, they may just charge a flat rate for both.
Thanks - my father and both uncles are mechanics - not positive if they wanna take on this project with me but I will ask them - if not ill have the shop my uncle works at do it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also - which is better - Motofab or Rough Country?
I went with Motofab because the lift achieved is the actual number on the box. Some spacers say 1.5" but only give a 0.75" lift. Also, everything I read about their spacers said they were a good solid product. And they are.

Wayno72

Reaction score
Hi there. I have a 19 rebel and getting a motofab 2” front level kit put on.

My question is what is the correct offset to order new 20x10 wheels in? Thinking Fuel Vapor.

Also from tires perspective, was thinking 295/60/20. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread