5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got it. I had to loosen the 3 bumper bolt so I could slide the bracket back 1/8" so I could get the bolt started. All good now. Love my new step.
Good job! I'm thinking the step is so heavy it sags and misaligns on the 3rd bolt. Loosening them all and pushing up on the step while uttering curse words seems to be the trick to starting the last bolt.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just ordered exhaust and already have the bed step. Were you able to adjust and clear the step?
Yeah I got mine on with about a half inch of clearance. If I push it back stored with my foot and it goes back hard it taps my exhaust but nothing concerning.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weather finally cooperated. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• 20190224_150045.jpg
    20190224_150045.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 20190224_150108.jpg
    20190224_150108.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 240

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
First I hear that the Borla exhaust systems, the Touring, the S-type and Atak all work with the side step without any issues.

Second, has anyone ordered, received from anyone and installed the D version 82215289AD ?

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey guys my "mopar"bed step has arrive only took 1wk.so lets see now..1.got my bed step
2.install my "Borla"
3."nerf bar" installed
only had the truck not even a month(y)

Tones1975

Reaction score
hey guys my "mopar"bed step has arrive only took 1wk.so lets see now..1.got my bed step
2.install my "Borla"
3."nerf bar" installed
only had the truck not even a month(y)
Did your bed step come with any hardware? I ordered one and it arrived yesterday with just the step assembly in a box. Now I'm being told that it bolts on using existing bolts in the frame. Problem with that is there is only 2 of the 3 bolts in the frame? Now the dealer is having to try to figure out what size bolt I need and to order it. Box didn't even have installation instructions. Pretty straightforward to install but seems strange not to have any in the box.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the center speaker next and then I'm thinking I'll go after the 2 in the rear headliner. Would be nice if I could find someone local to me to split the cost of the center speaker. I'm waaaaay up here in Ontario Canada.

PorBoy

Reaction score
That’s sad as I really try to help out as much as possible on the forum.

epmd

Reaction score
ok, it is a long thread and I am going to post here at the risk of repeating.
Got my step from a dealer selling on Ebay.
Once I got the old bolts out I was able to install no problem. The step goes out no problem and goes in cleanly BUT when kicked in from the back and allowed to retract at full speed it taps the muffler. Doe this happen to others? Suggestions? Do I even care?

drstein

Reaction score
I'm planning on replacing the center speaker next and then I'm thinking I'll go after the 2 in the rear headliner. Would be nice if I could find someone local to me to split the cost of the center speaker. I'm waaaaay up here in Ontario Canada.
Topic ???

epmd

Reaction score
Yeah I got mine on with about a half inch of clearance. If I push it back stored with my foot and it goes back hard it taps my exhaust but nothing concerning.
So I have the same issue. Do I care? Is there an adjustment to be made. When resting it is not on the exhaust. If I bring it back slowly it is clear. It is only when I push it back and let the spring take it back that it taps the exhaust. You can see the tailpipe shake when it goes back. I have stock exhaust on Rebel Hemi.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
So I have the same issue. Do I care? Is there an adjustment to be made. When resting it is not on the exhaust. If I bring it back slowly it is clear. It is only when I push it back and let the spring take it back that it taps the exhaust. You can see the tailpipe shake when it goes back. I have stock exhaust on Rebel Hemi.
Im not concerned with it. Someone made mention of adding a washer or something to push it out a little further I believe but I’m not doing that. Only way it would be of concern to me would be if I could hear it tapping up against the exhaust when my truck was running or something. I don’t use my bed step that often and when I do I just put it back gently, usually with my hand from the side.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did your bed step come with any hardware? I ordered one and it arrived yesterday with just the step assembly in a box. Now I'm being told that it bolts on using existing bolts in the frame. Problem with that is there is only 2 of the 3 bolts in the frame? Now the dealer is having to try to figure out what size bolt I need and to order it. Box didn't even have installation instructions. Pretty straightforward to install but seems strange not to have any in the box.
you know i dont know.i heard the parts inside :LOL: .i am disable so i had a mechanic install my muffler and the steps.all were still in the box (unopen):LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread