5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Mike_WI

Reaction score
Installed Accessory battery.
View attachment 83873
That's excellent. That's my next mod. Were you able to find a battery tray that bolts on then? If so, could you please send the the link/information on it? Thanks in advance for your help. Only thing I could find up to this point was a video of a second battery going in the Rambox, which I wasn't crazy about.

Mike_WI

Reaction score
Greetings. As a fellow Wisco, have you ever had any issues or concerns with snow blowing up into here and covering the filter? I was ready to pull the pin on one of these, but I saw some horror stories on the VARARAM VR-GRABBER, which is a similar design for half the price, getting the filter covered with snow. The irony is, I don't even want one of these, but it's the only way that I've found to free up enough space in the engine bay to add a second battery. Only other option I've found is installing the second battery in the Rambox, which I'm not crazy about due to blowing holes in the Rambox and losing that storage space to boot. The Mopar one is pretty pricey for what it is, but I like the way it entirely covers the air filter in the engine bay.

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
Mike- it’s very pricey for what it is but gotta love the looks of it. Anyways I had the same worry you are and checked mine after the first snow storm after it was installed and it was blowing and snowing pretty hard that day and it was completely dry. I checked one other time while it snowed and same thing... dry. I think a couple pages back another member had the same experience... dry. Hope this helps and good luck

Mike_WI

Reaction score
Mike- it’s very pricey for what it is but gotta love the looks of it. Anyways I had the same worry you are and checked mine after the first snow storm after it was installed and it was blowing and snowing pretty hard that day and it was completely dry. I checked one other time while it snowed and same thing... dry. I think a couple pages back another member had the same experience... dry. Hope this helps and good luck
It does put my mind at ease a bit. Thank you. I agree with you it's dead sexy. I'm just not the type of guy that pops the hood and stares at my engine is all. This is purely a solution to an obstacle for the mod I really want. Now I need to find a way to get over spending $750 just so I can fit another battery in there....lol.

Rambro23

Reaction score
It does put my mind at ease a bit. Thank you. I agree with you it's dead sexy. I'm just not the type of guy that pops the hood and stares at my engine is all. This is purely a solution to an obstacle for the mod I really want. Now I need to find a way to get over spending $750 just so I can fit another battery in there....lol.
Ram AirFlow added +2.3 MPG (highway) on my truck!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's excellent. That's my next mod. Were you able to find a battery tray that bolts on then? If so, could you please send the the link/information on it? Thanks in advance for your help. Only thing I could find up to this point was a video of a second battery going in the Rambox, which I wasn't crazy about.
Here is a parts list:
Here is the parts list:
EDARC Smart Start Battery Isolator & Wiring Kit 12VPart # SBI12KIT$221.97
Bolt-Hex Flange HeadPart # CH6104378AA$1.35
Bracket - BatteryPart # CH68082538AB$3.45
Insulated Battery ShieldPart # CH56029822AD$30.25
Battery TrayPart # CH68350658AC$70.75
12V 750AMP Flooded BatteryPart# CHBBH7F001AA$160.50
Total$491.72

Follow this thread for Installion:

DivingOtter

Reaction score
You and me both.... I'm really looking at the second battery solution for other things!

nandalora

Reaction score
Hi all, found another ebay seller today: $600 + $100 shipping = $700 shipped! Also, they accept offers!!!

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Hi all, found another ebay seller today: $600 + $100 shipping = $700 shipped! Also, they accept offers!!!

Get it While it's Hot!!!!

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score

I’ve messaged him twice, wondering if he’s including the long front part that goes over the radiator. So far no reply yet. Worthless with any parts missing.

Huskymush

Reaction score
In the market for one, any suggestions on the best place to get one in SoCal?

Mike_WI

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part # of the filter in the RamAir cold air intake? I'm about to pull the pin on the intake as my wheels sold today, so I got some play $ now. I'd like to have a second filter on hand so when it's time to clean the original one, I can just slap a clean one in and not be worried that I didn't let the dirty one dry long enough after washing it. Thanks.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part # of the filter in the RamAir cold air intake? I'm about to pull the pin on the intake as my wheels sold today, so I got some play $ now. I'd like to have a second filter on hand so when it's time to clean the original one, I can just slap a clean one in and not be worried that I didn't let the dirty one dry long enough after washing it. Thanks.
Please see post # 829. It has the part number.

Users who are viewing this thread