5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Mike_WI

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the filter used in the Ram cold air intake? I'd like to get a spare. Poked around long enough on the internet with no luck, so maybe its listed in the instruction manual that they include with the intake? I plan on getting this from a dealer in Milwaukee that sells it online for $728, about 35 minutes away, to avoid the insane shipping costs on it and would like to pick everything up at once. If anyone that has already bought one of these could please take a look at the instructions and let me know if they have a parts breakdown in there and post a pic or let me know the part # of just the filter I'd appreciated it. Thanks.

Here's the link if anyone is near Milwaukee and wants to follow a similar route.

I contacted that eBay guy last week about his used one. He's not very chatty. I got one short reply about why he was selling it and that was it. I know these intakes shouldn't void the warranty on the truck, but I'm not sure that would carry over to a used one. There is some piece of mind to be had by having a dealer receipt on record in this case. Plus the eBay one isn't that much less than a new one if you shop around as it stands now. I offered him $550 shipped, but he ignored me.....lol. I was hoping to chat with him on a Ram owner's forum and buy it direct from him. His feedback is pretty low. I'm guess he doesn't realize eBay is gonna hit him for about $60 in seller fees on this, plus I'd still have to pay sales tax on eBay, which is lame, but the good old days on that website ended a few years ago with no sales tax.

I'm curious to see what the box looks like. I dunno. I've flipped a few Ram cargo bed dividers that I found locally for cheap and resold on eBay. The intake box can't be any worse that the corrugated monstrosities I made to ship the bed dividers. UPS ground averaged $50-$75, depending on how far away my buyers were. One Mopar dealer online had a competitive price on the intake, but when I added it to my cart and calculated shipping, they charged $648 to ship it........lol. Must be hand delivered in a gold truck for that price.

Last edited:

Hot Rod Ram

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part # of the filter in the RamAir cold air intake? I'm about to pull the pin on the intake as my wheels sold today, so I got some play $ now. I'd like to have a second filter on hand so when it's time to clean the original one, I can just slap a clean one in and not be worried that I didn't let the dirty one dry long enough after washing it. Thanks.
It’s a washable and reusable filter. I’m waiting for mine to come in and can’t wait. I’m also waiting on a Mopar roll up tonneau cover too. Hate waiting...

jrw921

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the filter used in the Ram cold air intake? I'd like to get a spare. Poked around long enough on the internet with no luck, so maybe its listed in the instruction manual that they include with the intake? I plan on getting this from a dealer in Milwaukee that sells it online for $728, about 35 minutes away, to avoid the insane shipping costs on it and would like to pick everything up at once. If anyone that has already bought one of these could please take a look at the instructions and let me know if they have a parts breakdown in there and post a pic or let me know the part # of just the filter I'd appreciated it. Thanks.

Here's the link if anyone is near Milwaukee and wants to follow a similar route.

I contacted that eBay guy last week about his used one. He's not very chatty. I got one short reply about why he was selling it and that was it. I know these intakes shouldn't void the warranty on the truck, but I'm not sure that would carry over to a used one. There is some piece of mind to be had by having a dealer receipt on record in this case. Plus the eBay one isn't that much less than a new one if you shop around as it stands now. I offered him $550 shipped, but he ignored me.....lol. I was hoping to chat with him on a Ram owner's forum and buy it direct from him. His feedback is pretty low. I'm guess he doesn't realize eBay is gonna hit him for about $60 in seller fees on this, plus I'd still have to pay sales tax on eBay, which is lame, but the good old days on that website ended a few years ago with no sales tax.

I'm curious to see what the box looks like. I dunno. I've flipped a few Ram cargo bed dividers that I found locally for cheap and resold on eBay. The intake box can't be any worse that the corrugated monstrosities I made to ship the bed dividers. UPS ground averaged $50-$75, depending on how far away my buyers were. One Mopar dealer online had a competitive price on the intake, but when I added it to my cart and calculated shipping, they charged $648 to ship it........lol. Must be hand delivered in a gold truck for that price.
That link is not the RamAir Flow. Not sure what that is.

Attachments

• RamAir2.jpg
    RamAir2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 154

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That link is not the RamAir Flow. Not sure what that is.
It is actually the right part # for the Ram AirFlow. The picture, however, is a stock picture (or some other thing they probably already had on hand). It is not a picture of what you actually get with that part number.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score

I tried to get the dealer where I I just bought my truck to match these $730ish prices I see across the country at other dealers. She basically laughed at me and told me it lists for $925, and no way she sell one for $730. I'm gonna keep looking. You're lucky to be only 35 miles away from one at a good price.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Mike_WI

Reaction score
I tried to get the dealer where I I just bought my truck to match these $730ish prices I see across the country at other dealers. She basically laughed at me and told me it lists for $925, and no way she sell one for $730. I'm gonna keep looking. You're lucky to be only 35 miles away from one at a good price.

Yeah it's frustrating. There is zero loyalty. I'd love to throw some business to my local dealers, but I'm not in the habit of paying anything more for the same thing that I have to. Clearly the dealers selling them at a discount are still making a profit or they wouldn't be doing it. I'm in the same boat as you, when I ask my local dealers to match another legitimate dealer's internet price, it's the same old song and dance, so I walk. "oh we can't do that." Can't? Or won't? Two totally different things. If I had access to as many parts as I wanted why not make something off the parts versus nothing by shooting for the moon with full MSRP on everything and turning savvy customers away. Makes to sense to me. The only time it didn't make financial sense was with an aerosol can of Mopar touch up paint, as the shipping was too expensive because it's flammable, so I just had the local guy order it for full MSRP.

To not have the same dealer that you bought your truck from match the price on the intake is another level of lame though. Makes you feel like just another sheep walking through the front door.

Mike_WI

Reaction score

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, all I see is a bunch of black plastic and an air filter. This thing reeks of a $300-$400 price point. I am happy there's one of the best prices around within a short drive, but it still seems like it's way too high for what it is.

I'm waiting on a call back (again) from the Milwaukee dealer to confirm that their internet pic is wrong and that it is indeed the Ram Air intake that coincides with the part # listed on their website. I've got all the parts sitting in the online shopping cart for the intake and the second battery install. Just need clarification and it's a go. Been playing phone tag with the parts guy for 2 weeks. Just answer the question man.........is the stock pic wrong. Leaving me a call back message for the third time is pointless when you never answer the phone.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding ungrateful, all I see is a bunch of black plastic and an air filter. This thing reeks of a $300-$400 price point. I am happy there's one of the best prices around within a short drive, but it still seems like it's way too high for what it is.

I'm waiting on a call back (again) from the Milwaukee dealer to confirm that their internet pic is wrong and that it is indeed the Ram Air intake that coincides with the part # listed on their website. I've got all the parts sitting in the online shopping cart for the intake and the second battery install. Just need clarification and it's a go. Been playing phone tag with the parts guy for 2 weeks. Just answer the question man.........is the stock pic wrong. Leaving me a call back message for the third time is pointless when you never answer the phone.
Completely agreed! And in another post this morning someone brought up a great point to me. I was trying to justify the cost with better mpg. This person made me realize that if this mopar intake got better mpg than the stock air intake that's on my truck already, then ram would used this intake to begin with. And that makes a whole lot of sense to me being that every manufacture is trying to 1up the other one with better mpg claims. I don't think I'm gonna mess with mine at all now. However they still look kinda cool, probably sound good, and add a tiny bit of HP. Plus they're perfect for your application wanting a second battery setup. So I understand the want for one as well, but I can no longer justify the cost as an eventual mpg cost savings.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Completely agreed! And in another post this morning someone brought up a great point to me. I was trying to justify the cost with better mpg. This person made me realize that if this mopar intake got better mpg than the stock air intake that's on my truck already, then ram would used this intake to begin with. And that makes a whole lot of sense to me being that every manufacture is trying to 1up the other one with better mpg claims. I don't think I'm gonna mess with mine at all now. However they still look kinda cool, probably sound good, and add a tiny bit of HP. Plus they're perfect for your application wanting a second battery setup. So I understand the want for one as well, but I can no longer justify the cost as an eventual mpg cost savings.
They do look cool and, if I could drive down the road with my hood open to enjoy its looks and coolness, I may buy one. Other than that, a HUGE waste of money as they do VERY little for performance or gas economy.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score

You can justify it if you need the space where the stock intake sits. I'm thinking about getting it so I have room for an air compressor there.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Yes I agree with that as well.

CobraKai

Reaction score

I have one. Looks cool I guess although I dont sit outside with my hood open in parking lots. Sounds nice when accelerating. Don't feel any increased HP but it feels more responsive when I step on the pedal. As fas as MPG mine have 100% gone up after install. I have a lead foot and have not changed driving habits what so ever. Only mod I have. Whether or not price is worth it to somebody I guess is subjective. I like the added piece of mind that if I bring it into the dealer for any issues or warranty work they aren't going to try and break my balls about an "aftermarket" part...

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I have one. Looks cool I guess although I dont sit outside with my hood open in parking lots. Sounds nice when accelerating. Don't feel any increased HP but it feels more responsive when I step on the pedal. As fas as MPG mine have 100% gone up after install. I have a lead foot and have not changed driving habits what so ever. Only mod I have. Whether or not price is worth it to somebody I guess is subjective. I like the added piece of mind that if I bring it into the dealer for any issues or warranty work they aren't going to try and break my balls about an "aftermarket" part...
This is actually where I think you would find mpg gains. Easy drivers for best possible mpg won't get any gains because they're already easy on the skinny pedal. Guys with your driving style and more aggressive I'd bet see some gains. So I definately hear ya!

CobraKai

Reaction score
This is actually where I think you would find mpg gains. Easy drivers for best possible mpg won't get any gains because they're already easy on the skinny pedal. Guys with your driving style and more aggressive I'd bet see some gains. So I definately hear ya!

Yeah I agree, I'm not sure who's worse on the pedal me or my wife haha.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I went to take a look at the filter, Figured that after, what over half a year of driving? I wanted to see what my filter looked like.
My logic: It's probably easier to gently clean a less dirty filter every so so, vs opening it years from now and going H.A.M. on a filthy filter!

I opened it up, took off the the bolts and found, the paper material still looks pretty darn white! Very clean still.
HOWEVER, I did notice some debris in there. It almost looked like pepper seed sized? Just small enough to get inside of the grid.

An uncle of mine many years ago kept having power loss with a vehicle, that couldn't be explained. None of the dealerships or mechanics he brought it to could figure it out. Skipping a long story? A mouse made a nest in the airbox, when he got on the gas sometimes all those seeds and leaves would fly up and stick to the filter, choking off air to the engine. :oops:

I shook the debris out the filter, hit it with compressed air cans from the inside, and it looks spotless.

DatFilter.png

Users who are viewing this thread