5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

Horizon88

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. The dealer indicated he removed the whole unit not just the cover. He only billed me 47 dollars including tire rotation and oil change (I provided my own oil and filter). I will have a look myself and make sure they know only to remove the cover next time. That makes me feel a lot better!

GearHeadJoe

Reaction score
I always wanted to add the WS6 to my Trans Am, just couldn’t afford many mods at the time. I just wanted the look of the Ram air hood!
The WS6 was soo much more unique than the SS of the time....I wanted one myself .got all the h8 , at the time I was deep into modding my Harley Davidson edition F150.

Dcerrito

Reaction score
Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:
Ram's All New Intake, Where Is It?

InShot_20190617_125301223_1.gif

Hi. I have a 2019 Laramie Black Edition. I want to start making it mine and would like to get the ram Airflow set up because I’m not a fan of aftermarket set ups. With that said does anyone have one more installed on there’s and if so what has it done for you in the gains department? I can’t find anything about torque or hp gains.

scottykarate

Reaction score
I'm debating getting this but it would just be for the possible sound and looks.
Anyone thinking you'll get power that is noticeable, or some 10 HP gains and basing their decision on that will be disappointed.
CAI is a supporting mod for real power adders. If you lower some of the backpressure with freer flowing exhaust, you will lose some low end. On my supercharged car, when I put full headers on it, boost had to be increased to compensate.
It's all a delicate balance and isn't static. I don't think any canned tunes, CAI and catback is going to gain you anything other than increased throttle response, which can be done with throttle commanders.
Even if you do Dyno pulls, unless the pull is done on the same day with the same Dyno with multiple pulls, numbers don't mean anything.
If you want to see what actual power your motor puts to the ground, get it dyno'd on a mustang Dyno.

Just be happy with your truck and realize these aren't made for speed. Add exhaust and CAI for sound and you should be happy. Add it for performance? Not so much. You pay to play...

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer... Best luck to all.

CycloneNation

Reaction score
I installed the Ram airflow CAI last night. It took about two hours and looks great. I can't comment on any real gains in hp, but I didn't buy it for that. I think it adds a little something to the Borla Atak exhaust system I previously had installed. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? For me personally, yes. The enjoyment/utility I already have received is worth more than the price tag or gains on paper. I think that's what mods are supposed to be about anyway. Just my two cents.

kliffy77

Reaction score
I installed the Ram airflow CAI last night. It took about two hours and looks great. I can't comment on any real gains in hp, but I didn't buy it for that. I think it adds a little something to the Borla Atak exhaust system I previously had installed. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? For me personally, yes. The enjoyment/utility I already have received is worth more than the price tag or gains on paper. I think that's what mods are supposed to be about anyway. Just my two cents.

In my humble opinion, The HEMI 5.7 responds very well to a good Cat-Back & Cold air intake I've noticed considerable gains in HP & torque i can't say that about MPG, Products I've tried are K&N & AFE & Borla.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running the same combo and I absolutely love it for the sound it produces.

CycloneNation

Reaction score
In my humble opinion, The HEMI 5.7 responds very well to a good Cat-Back & Cold air intake I've noticed considerable gains in HP & torque i can't say that about MPG, Products I've tried are K&N & AFE & Borla.
I’m running the same combo and I absolutely love it for the sound it produces.
Agreed, I could not be happier.

Quick question for you. On your CAI, do you have three tabs on the front of the induction assembly base in front of the air filter that the filter cover slides on to? Mine only has two tabs, but the book shows three.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, I could not be happier.

Quick question for you. On your CAI, do you have three tabs on the front of the induction assembly base in front of the air filter that the filter cover slides on to? Mine only has two tabs, but the book shows three.

The center one may be "removed" depending on the version you got. The 1st one I got had 3. The 2nd one I got (because the 1st one was broken during delivery) has the 2 outer.

IceStormz

Reaction score
Was anyone able to purchase and install it in Ontario Canada? I haven't been able to find anything especially since with COVID-19. I'd like to get it to help the engine breath a bit better and it won't void the warranty.

dirtydog24

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the filter on this cai? I wanted to buy a second one so I can just swap air filters when it’s time to change ins yes as of waiting for it to dry all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdgmctruck04

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the filter on this cai? I wanted to buy a second one so I can just swap air filters when it’s time to change ins yes as of waiting for it to dry all the way

Asked my dealer for this same information , and they were unable to answer any of my questions or find a part number for the individual replacement filter. Hopefully someone out there can help

dirtydog24

Reaction score
Asked my dealer for this same information , and they were unable to answer any of my questions or find a part number for the individual replacement filter. Hopefully someone out there can help

I forgot to look at the air filter for a part number when I took the top part of the intake off last oil change. I will next time and post it. If you happen to take yours off for oil changes or anything remember to look and let us know please

Users who are viewing this thread